GreaseSpot Cafe

Speaking in Tongues on "The View"

DogLover

I was halfway listening to "The View" on St. Patrick's Day as the "ladies" were discussing prayer by a Christian in the Senate, I think. Different ones of them offered their opinions, then Sherry Shepherd said, "I just do my speaking in tongues" when someone is praying that's not Christian. Joy Behar, who is Jewish, was surprised, asked Sherry what SIT was, and Sherry responded by speaking in tongues aloud for about 15 seconds. Joy said she didn't understand it, and I believe Sherry replied, "It's not for you," the understanding being that it is to God. A little more chatter, then Sherry put her hands on Joy's head, and Joy mimicked speaking in tongues, then commented something along the lines that she liked it, it made her tongue feel good. Very obvious she was making fun ... but then they went to commercial or another topic.

I was stunned for several minutes....never thought I'd hear one of the "ladies of 'The View'" speaking in tongues!

Anyone else see this?

i think they put sherry on the show because she will say and do just about anything like when she had that one guy do curls lifting her body weight? sherry is the real comic relief of the show and a great counter balance to joy and whoopie but she does get set up to come off a little bit betty boopish sometimes and i think this was one of those times, and even elisabeth (that's supposed to be her such a good friend) plays her off as a betty boop character every now and then, so i think that's what happened this time, too. but for a talk show i liked them so much better than anything else out there until the talk came along with leah remini, sarah gilbert, julie chen, sharon osbourne, and holly robinson peete because these girls treat the whole thing like it's one big slumber party and even though it gets goofy sometimes it's slumber party goofy, but i tend to watch the view for my "hard core" interests and the talk for my "girlfriend" interests, so i guess i could be considered well balanced. and i can hear some people i know snorting with laughter if they read that last piece. lol