GreaseSpot Cafe

The way international

OldSkool

@Exie - not too many reasons to remember... :anim-smile:

I think it's safe to say that for the most part the hype surrounding being on staff is overblown. It's not that Rosalie has deviated from Victor Paul Wierwille's line of "you come on staff for spiritual growth" (or whatever - just paraphrasing.) She pulls the same punches. Weak in the knees and wonders why no one comes on staff. Dork.

What?? You mean all my experience meticulously placing the correct number of mints (7) in the sacred mint dish the *right* way (letters facing down) is worth Nothing?

Most of the menial jobs I've had, the bosses always told me I was very detail minded. I wonder where I picked that up.

SoCrates

I only had a refresher course in English, which I actually needed. It helps me to this day. I severed my employment with TWI 10 years ago this August. I'm glad I don't have to list them on my resume any longer.

Added to keep on topic: Other than the English, nothing I did at TWI helped me with my career nor did it help make me more valuable in my line of work. I worked in Word Processing for the first 3 years. They were still using a DOS version of WordPerfect. They didn't upgrade to a Windows version until the year I moved to another Department. This was in the late 90s. They should have changed to the Windows version much earlier than that. And just what is wrong with MS Word, the most used word processing program? It reminds me of the BetaMax days.

Clearly the ABS doesn't stretch as far as buying - at least the modern-day standard program, Word - whether or not it's the "best" program, who knows. And probably the "bset" equipment to run it on.

Computers are pretty much out of date after a very few years. Bet they keep theirs going for way way beyond the normal business use-by date.

WordPerfect...how arcane is that, now? But great on an out of date computer.... :confused:

(double post, somehow)

Edited by Twinky

Everything they do is rooted in either making money or saving money. When I was a fresh graduate of PFAL, I asked someone in leadership (in sincerity) why, if we wanted to reach large masses of people with the message of PFAL, didn't we offer to place the materials in public libraries and offer the class, free of charge. You can imagine the sort of convoluted logic that was given, explaining how I just didn't understand the spiritual aspects involved.

Clearly the ABS doesn't stretch as far as buying - at least the modern-day standard program, Word

Well, you know, have to keep the MOG of the moment in opulence.

Then there's the pay outs for lawyers on pending lawsuits, and the payouts on settled lawsuits.

And the dwindling number of followers.

Not to mention the followers who are below the poverty line.

After all that, where would they get the money to upgdate computers and programs?

(Besides, didn't the Craigmeister say something about the internet being of the devil, what's that make the computers that make the internet available?)

SoCrates

why, if we wanted to reach large masses of people with the message of PFAL, didn't we offer to place the materials in public libraries and offer the class, free of charge. You can imagine the sort of convoluted logic that was given, explaining how I just didn't understand the spiritual aspects involved.

Before I would have dropped the subject and accepted the answer.

Now I would probably tell tell him: "Thrill me. Pretend I'm as spiritually heavy as you are. Now explain."

SoCrates

You can imagine the sort of convoluted logic that was given, explaining how I just didn't understand the spiritual aspects involved.

Oh ya, you were likely spiritually immature... :rolleyes:

I have heard time and again that the money for the classes is indicative of the students commitment to attend the class. You shell out some money then you are gonna be there....or so they say. Sounds like B.S. to me.

In other news during one of my way disciple tenures I saw a student dropped for knocking on the door around 10 seconds after the opening lines of the class were given. I mean the fellow was out of breath and busted his behind to make the class only to be dropped for being a few seconds late. Of course he lost his $100.

So where's the advanced spiritual principle in that?

I guess I am like you waysider, just not spiritual enough to get it.

So where's the advanced spiritual principle in that?

I guess I am like you waysider, just not spiritual enough to get it.

The advanced spiritual principle? Easy: You gave us the Franklin, now we have an excuse to keep it and not give you jack. Or finders keepers, losers weepers.

SoCrates