GreaseSpot Cafe

Counterfeit goods and stolen property

Ham

what does one do when one gets "stuck" with counterfeit money. If it were actual counterfeit American dollar bills.. what do you do?

how many trips to the bank with notes that have identical serial numbers, before they think it just might be YOU.. who printed them?

I can hear the excuses.

They look the same..

They worked for me.. I've bought groceries with them, for YEARS..

:biglaugh:

it doesn't make any difference who printed them. After all, it's money(?). Its the "message" that really counts.. they all say "in God we trust", don't they?

why is it, just about the only people who accept these counterfeit bills.. are those in offshoots?

it's.. "bills(counterfeit) of gawd.. printed, more accurately than those of the first century.."

In the "real world".. you get caught, or just happen to be a patsy, circulating counterfeit bills..

at the very minimum, you LOSE.

Last I understood, there is no special insurance issued to protect one from being subjected to this kind of fraud..

Like I was saying once before, Ham, when I was in TWI2, one of the things they taught on many times was avoiding counterfeits and not being a patron to Lucie's Rip and Gyp Shop.

They said sure it may be wrapped in foil wrapping with nice ribbons in a bow, but once you open it there's nothing inside but pony pucks.

JL in particular had a limb meeting where he discussed how the counterfeit looks so close to the real thing they're hard to tell apart. "Try and take a 6 foot $20 into the store and ask for change," he said.

So, what do all the people warning us about all the counterfeits do? Create their own counterfeits.

SoCrates

why is it, just about the only people who accept these counterfeit bills.. are those in offshoots?

it's.. "bills(counterfeit) of gawd.. printed, more accurately than those of the first century.."

Because them offshoot leaders have to make a living somehow! I mean, garsh. If they can't run an offshoot, they would have to get a real job and fantasyland would have to close. That would mean they would have to face the fact that, really, they're not so special. No one really relies on their every word, and the rest of the world doesn't really care much about them.

• Upvote 1

better stuff their pockets with ten of my *vicster* bucks so they don't get busted for vagarancy..

Now, you'll have to bring them all back you know. Spend any of them.. and its unbelief and removal from da program..

the next thought..

if you acquire a counterfiet note, somehow, in exchange for a bigger bill at a store.. or something.

What is the real reason that makes a person horribly horribly angry and upset when they try to turn it in at the bank?

I think its a realization that one owns a copy of the *real thing* which has NO POWER.

I can cite several examples of offshoots trying to spend vic's magical law of believing and "ministering".. only to the end the person did not survive..

I wouldn't dream of revealing names here.. the consequences of this nonsense is really enough for someone to live through once..

but really.

In the *real world*.. sometimes you see spontaneous remission from disease. To hold up an isolated example and claim it as some kind of "victory" for da "dr"'s magical formula.. you have to likewise REALLY explain the other 99 percent of times it ended up in failure..

In the *real world*.. sometimes you see spontaneous remission from disease. To hold up an isolated example and claim it as some kind of "victory" for da "dr"'s magical formula.. you have to likewise REALLY explain the other 99 percent of times it ended up in failure..

But that's the nature of the Gambler's Fallacy, Ham. We're hardwired to forget all the failure and only remember the successes.

SoCrates

Hey, anyone got some change for my 3 dollar bills??? they wouldn't take them in Missiouri. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

maybe you need to try spending them in a different venue..

does it have the correct dead president and founder's image properly displayed?

• 6 years later...
On 3/22/2011 at 7:20 PM, Ham said:

I wonder what "revs" do when offshoots hand them the pink slip..

Ham, I think many of us have lost a job, or two.  You pick yourself up, and you find another job.  It may not be a great job, but it does pay the bills, and puts food on the table.  Meanwhile, you keep looking for a better job.