GreaseSpot Cafe

asking your opinion

excathedra

quote:

So let me ask you directly - why do you refuse to answer questions and instead feel the need to teach everyone around here? Do you think we don't know scriptures, aren't Christian, or what? What are your conclusions regarding the people on GSC? There's plenty of people on here that were in TWI longer than yourself, did more in the organization, took more classes, taught more, etc.

The need to teach everyone around here is a biproduct of what I believe. As I see it, the conflict here is, as I posted earlier this week somewhere, that most of you believe that pfal et al could not possibly be the word of God becauser VP wasn't perfect. I disagree. Jesus didn't answer all questions. Some questions you just know where they're going and why mess with it? But this brings up a relevant point.

Every post comes from a belief system, an agenda, and opinions and observations. If I start a thread called 'connect' and my first post presumes that the pfal series is legitimate Christian teaching, then for someone to dispute that, they may feel the need to establish their OWN belief system/agenda before giving their opinions and observations. This does not constitute derailing a thread. It has the potential to expound on a side point which may require many posts before resuming continuity, but it isn't a deliberate derail. We all do this to an extent.

My conclusions regarding people at GSC are incomplete, yet specific. Most if not all people here have had issues with twi and need to get it out. They need to tell the rude truth they could never tell while in twi. But, IMO, many here have thrown out the baby with the bath water. It doesn't matter WHO speaks God's word, as long as it's God's word. All the immutable things of God in Christ are still good. Eternal life, incorruptible seed, peace, grace, mercy, love, the family of God, all of this is still available. God is still God! Many of you don't get that. I don't know what else to say.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waysider, Johniam certainly will think of something and you can be sure he won't post on a relevant thread. He posted all this stuff about his own "Connect" thread on Excie's thread about an unpleasant post she'd received. Not on "Connect."

Excie, you just do what you need to do. You're not dirty or shameful. Your rapist is. Or was. At least he can't rape anyone else now. :realmad:

And you are still alive. And being alive is good! :dance: Good that you can warn others about creepy old men and those in positions of authority.

As I see it, the conflict here is, as I posted earlier this week somewhere, that most of you believe that pfal et al could not possibly be the word of God becauser VP wasn't perfect. I disagree. Jesus didn't answer all questions. Some questions you just know where they're going and why mess with it? But this brings up a relevant point.

Hate to sink your ship, dude, but my feelings about Saint Vic's doctrine came from trying it for over 30 years with no success. Rather than typing the whole thing out, I'll refer you to my first post on believing (here)

As you can see, I've tried your believing. I gave it more of a chance than many others would. And when I went back to the ministry and asked why I had failed, sure I was that I would succeed, nobody had an answer. Finally, when I got somebody to cornered, you know what his answer was? "You got tricked."

I agree. I was tricked by Saint Vic and his demented circus. Here's some more of his tricks. Read this post if you dare. (here)

As far as you teaching, are you sure your not trying to beat life back into a horse everyone here knows is dead? You don't offer answers, just more of the doctrine of failure.

Why else would you talk at people instead of to them? Most of you post cover the talking points of the ministry, rather than getting a feel for where people are at and going from there.

The teacher-student relationship is also one of superior inferior. So is that really your problem? You feels so inadequete on this board that you have to appear to be superior to compensate? Which of course brings us to moral superiority: another way of saying you guys are screwed and I'm perfect.

SoCrates

Every post comes from a belief system, an agenda, and opinions and observations.

So what's your agenda?

SoCrates

Socrates: I think you are still blaming God for having "failed you". That's why you don't get results and I do.

Twinky: Chockfull asked me a question and I answered it. My PM is not active. Excie's last post on page 1 seems to indicate satisfaction with the input she got. Why must you make a problem where there isn't one?

Socrates: I think you are still blaming God for having "failed you". That's why you don't get results and I do.

Now who's sounding morally superior? "I get results, you don't."

Yah, the all purpose you blaming God. So what of all those years when I wasn't blaming God? What of the twig leader that told me if I fail its God's fault?

This is why I don't buy into you bull. "This works with a mathamatical accuracy and a scientific percision." But when you land flat on your face we'll make excuses.

You still haven't answered my question: if everybody has an agenda, what's your agenda?

SoCrates

quote:

The need to teach everyone around here is a biproduct of what I believe. As I see it, the conflict here is, as I posted earlier this week somewhere, that most of you believe that pfal et al could not possibly be the word of God becauser VP wasn't perfect. I disagree.

Well here, let me correct your assumption so there is no misunderstanding,... many of us here have examined what we believe very carefully and from a more orthodox(right) theology have come to understand what VP taught was not only gross error, but much of it was gross heresy.

I don't believe anyone has claimed that because he was "not perfect" he could not teach the bible. No one is "perfect".

However, from the very book you claim as some kind of basis of knowledge, we are told what qualifies a person for the ministry. Is that true? Am I making that up? By the very standards of scripture, laid out in stark detail, VP does not qualify to teach anything regarding a biblical understanding. Not only that...but you are warned to know the difference and to avoid such men. It blatantly tells you they teach something other than a correct theology. You have no excuse.

If you want to continue to embrace that faith, without considering what so many have painstakingly explained to you...go ahead. If you think the basis for a correct understanding is that you can keep a job, and that you don't party anymore...your choice. That centers around you...Christianity does not. There are many Christians sitting in prisons or tortured for His Namesake, many live lives of faith in conditions you would consider poverty. Many suffer greatly. THAT is what Jesus said would happen. Clear enough?

I know you are going to wonder why some here believe they have come to a more right theology. The simple answer is the entire subject of scripture. Jesus Christ.

I am pretty sure people have told you that TWI was not a genuine Christian experience for them. You just dismiss that like it could not possibly be true. It is true, and although there were good Christians in TWI...they were ensnared along with us heathen! Most of them would probably be the first to tell you that.

Jesus didn't answer all questions. Some questions you just know where they're going and why mess with it?

You rarely answer the questions or responses which, in detail, challenge your perspective on the written word. I have come to the conclusion that you can't...because you don't understand enough theology to engage in such a discussion. I am pretty sure most everyone here at one time or another has attempted to engage you in a genuine discussion on matters of faith. Even those don't consider themselves followers of Christ have intelligently challenged your understanding. I don't think you can respond with your own perspective. You still embrace something fed to you by a drunk serial adulterer who used you. Wake up!

And...please don't hold Jesus up as an example of why you don't respond...reading your posts....it doesn't appear you have a clue why He did or did not answer questions.

My conclusions regarding people at GSC are incomplete, yet specific. Most if not all people here have had issues with twi and need to get it out. They need to tell the rude truth they could never tell while in twi. But, IMO, many here have thrown out the baby with the bath water. It doesn't matter WHO speaks God's word, as long as it's God's word. All the immutable things of God in Christ are still good. Eternal life, incorruptible seed, peace, grace, mercy, love, the family of God, all of this is still available. God is still God! Many of you don't get that. I don't know what else to say

It seems you draw some flawed conclusions which are based in large part on your flawed understanding of what constitutes the Word of God and what it means to have saving faith. There are many people who once believed the DOCTRINE promoted by VP & TWI who have now fully embraced a different faith. Neo-pagans for example....do you really believe God is so ineffectual that he can't keep his own. You are basically implying that...but, then again, we never really did have a high view of God in TWI. Why should I expect you to now.

The stark reality is many people never really accepted Christ as their savior in TWI. The Way and your precious teacher taught doctrine...nothing more...wrong doctrine. Doctrine of devils if you like. Remember, Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. VP promoted cheap grace, he minimized sin, he eschewed the cross, he told you another gospel and he lead you away from true faith in Christ. Many, many didn't believe unto salvation, they believed something else that lead to sin. What you are seeing here is many are now coming to Christ.

VP was a false teacher and you were in a pseudo-Christian cult.

We get it....we were in TWI as well, and as Chockfull has pointed out to you...some far higher up the food chain with much more intimate knowledge of VP and "the ministry". It would be to your advantage to start hearing them.

Edited by geisha779

just wonder what you think

someone wrote the following to me yesterday:

is that an insult? is that nice? what does that mean?

i take it to mean that what happened to me is supposed to make me feel special -- or in other words, i'm hanging on to something because i like how abuse feels or how attention feels.

i didn't like it. but am i reading something wrong into it? and for that matter, is posting this a sign that i am doing exactly that? which i don't think so at all, but hey.....

you've gotten a lot of good input from others and particularly the input that says that whoever wrote this was lashing out at you because they refuse to cope with what's within themselves. what was written to you is a conversation stopper and allows no room for frank discussion between two thinking people, but demands that you shut up and listen to them shred you. why would somebody want somebody else to shut up? because they don't want to hear what's being said. why would somebody want to shred somebody else? because their own mind is shredding themselves. misery loves company. if you've ever considered the person that wrote that a friend, i'd reconsider because no friend would talk to you that way, and if you've never really considered that person a friend but just someone to talk with, i'd also reconsider because they just told you they weren't going to let you talk with them, but that they were going to talk to you and you are going to be expected to shut up and take whatever they dish out.

The need to teach everyone around here is a biproduct of what I believe.

And herein lies the arrogant and condescending attitude infused by the cult you are in. The underlying attitude of moral superiority. The need to enlighten the unenlightened around you. Until you learn that you need to be delivered from this, you are nothing more than another @$$ accosting people in the mall and talking at them. That is about as far from genuine "witnessing" as you can get, and Jesus Christ is ashamed of that behavior.

As I see it, the conflict here is, as I posted earlier this week somewhere, that most of you believe that pfal et al could not possibly be the word of God becauser VP wasn't perfect. I disagree. Jesus didn't answer all questions. Some questions you just know where they're going and why mess with it? But this brings up a relevant point.

The conflict here is that you can't differentiate between Jesus and VP. PFAL is not the Word of God. Neither is any other fundamental teaching class. It is a person putting together a class to teach their doctrinal approach to Christianity. PFAL was man-made. By a man whose fruit when you examine it stunk to high heaven. And Jesus himself told us to know people by their fruit. But all of that logic falls on deaf ears with you because you don't want to get it. You have a few warm fuzzies from a local person who provides you with a shelter in their home fellowship who themselves have never challenged anything from TWI leaders so they are left alone. So when it boils down to it your feelings are your guarantee for truth to you.

Every post comes from a belief system, an agenda, and opinions and observations. If I start a thread called 'connect' and my first post presumes that the pfal series is legitimate Christian teaching, then for someone to dispute that, they may feel the need to establish their OWN belief system/agenda before giving their opinions and observations. This does not constitute derailing a thread. It has the potential to expound on a side point which may require many posts before resuming continuity, but it isn't a deliberate derail. We all do this to an extent.

The fruit of "the teacher" contradicts his words. Jesus words are clear here - Luke 6:44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

Yet you ignore Jesus words but would rather prop up VPW's words to be "legitimate Christian teaching" and "the word of God". I'll stick with Jesus and allow VP's fruit to speak for itself.

This is not a belief system, an agenda, opinions, or observations. It is a simple logical conclusion based upon evidence and scripture. One that escapes you.

My conclusions regarding people at GSC are incomplete, yet specific. Most if not all people here have had issues with twi and need to get it out. They need to tell the rude truth they could never tell while in twi. But, IMO, many here have thrown out the baby with the bath water. It doesn't matter WHO speaks God's word, as long as it's God's word. All the immutable things of God in Christ are still good. Eternal life, incorruptible seed, peace, grace, mercy, love, the family of God, all of this is still available. God is still God! Many of you don't get that. I don't know what else to say.

Jesus himself, when speaking on this topic, for some reason did not employ the old folks saying "don't throw the baby out with the bath water".

His words were Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved. And also Matthew 16:6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

In this he encouraged his followers to not try to recover the old inflexible corrupt broken systems, but to put all of the good things related to God in Christ in new wineskins. He also warned how just a little bit of the corrupt influence of the Pharisees and Sadducees could change all of it.

So there you have it. You said it doesn't matter WHO speaks God's Word, as long as it's God's Word. Jesus spoke it. I quoted it. What you do with it is up to you.

Yes I believe the immutable things of God in Christ are still good, including eternal life, incorruptible seed, peace, grace, mercy, love, Christian brothers and sisters. I claim them all, and live them personally. I just notice the distinction between those things and the fruit of TWI.

So what further do you need to teach me?

just wonder what you think

is that an insult? is that nice? what does that mean?

What I think is that your existence and testimony of your experiences with Wierwille have so confronted the false image that a deluded cult member has of him that it rocks their world down to the foundations. And that they can't deal with it. So to justify things in their mind they have to resort to attacking the messenger in an underhanded way.

Their old wineskins have just burst at the seams.

Edited by chockfull

Paw, maybe you could uplift the latter part of this thread and attach it to the Soap Box thread? It was to stop stuff like this happening, that I started that thread.

quote: johniam,

If you are going to incite, like you did before, then your welcome will wear thin quickly.

We are not in grade school, He/She hit me so I had to hit them back. Take the high road

Pawtucket, have you seen any of the threads I've posted on over the last 3 1/2 months? Took you long enough. Yeah, whatever, it's all my fault, isn't it?

Maybe you should look at them, johniam.

Or have someone not with the way see them.

Most see the insults and putting others down,

as well as an attitude of 'I'm right and you are wrong'.

We were in TWI, so we know, cause we did it too.

Your comments are not on topic as well.

Leading to a whole different venue.

and if you've never really considered that person a friend but just someone to talk with, i'd also reconsider because they just told you they weren't going to let you talk with them, but that they were going to talk to you and you are going to be expected to shut up and take whatever they dish out.

'tis true -- this person -- christian i might add -- said they were in touch with the wierwille "children" -- adults and i said i could not care less

and this person also i think is a bible thumping wayfer head and i said i wasn't interested

thus, came the thread i started, but at first i was too stupid to realize this

johniam,

I am talking about your behavior starting to get more like when you got booted before. Being antagonistic. Being at all the arguments.

More than just "being" at - he provokes all the arguments.

Other people are just conversing amongst themselves.

Not necessarily agreeing, but paying attention to each other...listening.

Socks,

This post should be pinned at the top of the forum permanently. I know it was written to ExC, but so many of us could take it to heart. Very beautifully said!

Of course it's an insult. A put down. If it means what I read it stinks. I'll leave the balanced empathy to others. I don't suffer insults easily or for long. If someone doesn't like me, what I say or what I write all they have to do is move along. If they really want to get in my face about it that's going to be a situation of their making because they can easily avoid what's going to come next.

While it's true everyone does get hurt and suffer in this life the fact that we do sucks. It's inescapable but it isn't good. And I'll die my last breath cursing the f-king evil of this world that makes life insufferable for so many and declaring the only answer I've known to it - following Jesus Christ, a much better man than I'm sure I'll ever be. As far as the evil goes - acceptance is insane.

There are people who don't like the fact that you repeatedly reference your experience with VPW, that you feel now like it was wrong and that you realize now what you may have then or may not have - that it was wrong on both sides. You shouldn't have done what you did and you wouldn't have had the opportunity had it not been offered to you. Under his guidance and direction you did what you did.

VPW was a fully experienced adult, a teacher of the bible and a man who held the role of a pastor by virtue of the fact that he built an organization that brought people in under his direction. In that role he held the highest responsibility, greater than those who he was responsible for.

Any idiot would know that and would know that what he did was wrong. Saying it was wrong isn't wrong. Describing the betrayal and the results isn't wrong.

Some of us more than others suffer emotionally and struggle with the hurts of this life, be they small or large. We feel broken, torn, looking for that bright light to show the way out of the dark hole of life. Given that light doesn't mean we will never do the wrong thing, we'll stumble and fall and hurt again and again.

What's important is to live another day to tell the story, learn from it and move forward. You're doing that otherwise you would have blown your brains out years ago - some do that.

Whatever gives us the grip on getting through another day of living in this s---hole of a world is good for starters. There's more to it than that but if you don't get up and out for another day of fighting it - how's that go? - you live for the fight when that's all that you've got. But there's more than that.

You've got more than that and you know it. And you know what else - f-k anybody that can't bear to hear it. They don't have to. It's not their hurt or their burden.

I'm sure you already know there's no answer to "why?" Why - because. Because it happened, because life really does suck badly when it isn't cool and it's not cool a good percentage of the time. I'm fortunate but I do screen myself from anyone who would push my buttons or give me the urge to beat the crap out of them because they're such idiots. It's much easier to maintain my good will towards others remembering that just because they're as-sholes doesn't mean I have to be.

But y'know and having said that - writing screeds in an email is one thing - anyone say that to your face stick your foot up their as-s.Then tell them to get over it.

'tis true -- this person -- christian i might add -- said they were in touch with the wierwille "children" -- adults and i said i could not care less

and this person also i think is a bible thumping wayfer head and i said i wasn't interested

thus, came the thread i started, but at first i was too stupid to realize this

whether or not someone is a christian or a buddisht or a baha'i or a sunni or a shiite or is jewish or a hindu or whatever religion they must practice the tenets of that religion in order to be accepted by others as a representative or authority of that religion. the world's largest religions all evolved from the same root and so when the bible says "by their fruit you will know them" those words impact a vast majority of people in this world, and even the religions that do not have the same root do have the same type of statement about living what you preach and teach or you are making a mockery of yourself by using the writings to serve your own vain imaginations. what this means to me is that if somebody says they are a christian (or any other religious follower) and then turns and rends you, they are in that moment acting as a swine, so i don't have to honor them as if they were living their religious beliefs at that moment, but i am instructed to not cast my pearls before them!

something the baha'is practice is non-confession to one another, and that means that they don't go around telling everybody everything because they understand that human beings have weaknesses and that human beings will use information about others in their weak moments. baha'is do their best to practice that the only confessor is god and there is no god but god. this helps them to keep with the "no backbiting" instructions, and baha'is considered backbiting equivalent to murder, just like the bible does.

but i'm saying all of this because you said "but at first i was too stupid to realize this". not stupid! you've probably never considered that a person's religious beliefs are only as good as the person is living in the moment. why would you? it wasn't taught like that in the way international. i never thought like that until i read the baha'i writings. even though it's as plain as the nose on my face all over the bible it was never obvious to me, and it isn't obvious to most religious practitioners because most religious practitioners use their religion as a way to sin without going to hell, so of course a "christian" can treat you like their emotional toilet and expect you to not only take it but shut up about it because, well, they are your "christian" brother or sister and you surely don't want to cause a schism in the body, do you? well, that's a bunch of balderdash. if they're not living their christian tenets in the moment, then they're not allowed to stand on the christian grace. it's real simple once the emotional blackmail is removed.