GreaseSpot Cafe

Hayes Gahagan

pawtucket

My involvement with The Way Ministry began in 1974 and ended quite abruptly in 1978, almost within hours after I had the privilege of running and losing a campaign as an Independent Conservative for the U.S. Senate.

I wonder if his "involvement" with da ministry ended with a bang..

only he could tell his own story here, but I'll bet the victoid was not impressed with such a dismal showing at the polls..

I wonder how the parting "conversation" went..

:biglaugh:

I wonder how the parting "conversation" went..

I'm thinking Gahagan, in typical politician style got his army to go door to door, so when he lost the election he told Saint Vic, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Politicians, like cult leaders, are very self-serving.

You know: if it doesn't benefit me, I want nothing to do with it.

SoCrates

Edited by So_crates

I have no ill will towards Gahagan...and I can understand, seeing he's involved with politics, why he wouldn't want it all over the internet that he was knee deep in a cult...perhaps that's what he meant when he referred to the wild and crazy stuff on the internet?

I took the time and read what he had to say on his website...he really hasn't strayed much from the guy I remember at the roa...and that's really too bad.

I have to say that I get a little twisted amusement out of his terse message to Paw. The message will do nothing to erase google's vast and everlasting memory of him. In fact, it will probably lead to a new crop of searches, page hits, and rerankings. Sigh.

Anyway, I was there in 1978 and I don't think he was a victim. He shared the stage with VPW and wore a giant smile. From what I could see, he fully embraced all of the very considerable support that TWI offered him. Now, 33 years later, he smells the demise of the neo-cons and the rise of traditional old-school republicans and he wants back in the game, less some *controversial* baggage from the past. Well, just like the memories of TWI abuse many people carry, it doesn't erase.

I have not had any association with The Way Biblical Research and Teaching Ministry since 1978; this was an organization whose members supported my campaign and several others during that election cycle.

Nuff said.

Plus carefully worded. Whose "members" supported my campaign. There were only three "members" at the time wern't there? You know.. the characters who ran the organization?

Three characters.. running a religious organization, supporting a political candidate, directly through the organization..

just might say more than he meant to say..

or knew he was saying..

doesn't the IRS frown on this kind of activity for a non-profit outfit?

i get a kick out of it too, Jim

i think in the manuscript of Jimmy Dooop's there might be a lot about this subject

but to me it's only because he too was very hot about his political beliefs and feeling what was important

i'm not of that "ilk" -- is that the way to say it?

everyone takes themselves so seriously -- i'm sure i do too when it's something that matters to me

lol

what are you going to do?

and.. who were the "several others"?

only one I knew about was Gahagan..

I asked that on the last page and got no answer yet--I think its probably politicspeak for "I was the only one but I want you to think that I was one of hundreds.

I'm a politician -its my job to stretch the truth to make me look OK--just wait til I get into office!"

• Upvote 1

I asked that on the last page and got no answer yet--I think its probably politicspeak for "I was the only one but I want you to think that I was one of hundreds.

I'm a politician -its my job to stretch the truth to make me look OK--just wait til I get into office!"

I'd agree with you, mstar1. That or an attempt to water down his contact with the ministry. You know, like when kids try to excuse bad actions: "Yah, I did it, but then so do lots of people."

SoCrates

Maybe I'm just trying to get it as well.

He's involved in a non-profit "religious" organization, that backs him.

He makes a break from the "liberal" republican party, and makes an independent run for senate..

when he loses the race, pitifully, at that.. his involvement with the group ends "abruptly". By his admission, practically the second he lost the election..

too many unanswered questions here. Too bad he won't come by to post..

I only have a few questions.

1. The abrupt departure, was it on your terms, or on "theirs"? Was the victoid calm and understanding about your defeat? Or were you exposed to what could be described as "not his good side"? What was the last communication with hq like? Well.. this is all one question. Just needs a few details.. I'm sure you remember them, like they happened yesterday..

2. Did you previously buy into the victoid's wild conspiracy theories bought from the press of liberty lobby? Or currently?

One side of me asks "who give a s--t?":biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Another side wants to get the resources now being used to ponder that very question for more important work, like sleeping.

Still another slice of the side next to that one is wondering how it can avoid thinking about ancient state legislative races with someone most people never knew, don't know now and probably will never meet.

And a widdle iddy biddy teensy tiny bid of a side is thinking yeah, boy. That whole thing about the thing. Yeah huh and HUH boy.

signed....

the many sides of socks

Heh.. God bless you, friend socksie..

well, I really mean it.

personally, if he ended up with a good life, and didn't manage to damage too many people along the way, more power to him..

without his little requested posting for Paw to put up.. I probably wouldn't have given any more regarding him a second thought.

Every once in a while, somebody from distant way past seems to surface, one place or another.. Hayes had a "funny" departure. You know, running for senate one moment.. the next moment, it was almost like he was never there..

I can almost hear in my head the last conversation. Call it some kind of psychic impression, an educated guess, or whatever. The "impression" was there over twenty years ago..

but it sounds like the vicster saying g-dammit over and over..

*I almost had a SENATOR in my back pocket.. g-dammit.. * etc. etc..

it would be nice to have confirmation, one way or another..

I still have the little red book I got in his "blessings of liberty" seminar. "Our Republic". I still correct people who call this a democracy.. "no, it's a REPRESENTATIVE form of government. or is SUPPPOSED to be.."

"and I WASTED hundreds of thousands of dollars, loads of *my* believers time and support.."

I really think he kicked hayes rear end over this..

it's just an impression. Call it what you will.. I could be entirely wrong..

The end of the "impression" involves hayes hanging up the phone, and not picking up again..

but christ..

what WOULD have happened, with a senator in the victoid's pocket?

vewy, vewy, interesting.

Did he really think his almighty organization could hatch a U.S. Senator?

the odds are pretty astronomical. I mean.. only 2 per state..

Socksie. This is The Debriefing.

what makes you think you are even really still alive at the moment, to begin with?

there are always debriefings.. after every major move, you know..

I'm trying, I really am, but I don't get it.

Where is Hap4me? He fixes all thing politically related for me

The dude is/was a politician. Ok, and????

He was involved in twi til he lost an election. Ok and???

Sorry

Shellon has been seduced by the dark side

Darth Shellon :doh: