GreaseSpot Cafe

You just can't make this stuff up

OldSkool

I never heard of Dan Wilson. There was a recording in twi called Theophilus/Hope. Not sure if Theophilus was the name of the group or Hope, but lot of twi people seemed to own this record. It had a song called 'God fearing woman and a good Christian man' and a nice a capella version of that song 'Some glad morning'. Good jam. This group is now called 'Delighted in God'. I thought this 'Free life' song might have been from them. Good song.

Does anyone know who the older bald-headed guy is? I haven't seen Donnie Smith since 1985 or maybe 1986 when he was head LEAD staff in Tinney...please tell me he isn't involved in this!

I'm pretty sure the guy is Jack Wilson. He was in the 8th. corps along with Donnie and was involved with LEAD along with Donnie. Tina Wilson is also in the video. I have no idea what happened to Donnie.

We do things??? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :doh:

Who doesnt?

what the heck is that supposed to mean anyway?

I hitchiked across the country from coast to coast 9 times when I was that age I guess I must know the entire bible--

I hitch hiked through Europe for 3 months, so I guess I not only know the entire bible but wrote a few of the books and translated a dozen into other languages!

The old bald guy is definitely J-ck W-lson (8th. Corps) and his wife T-na Abr-ll W-lson (8th. Corps) is definitely in the video. The song is done by a Dan Wilson but I don't see any facial resemblance and I don't think it's their son just a coincidence that the singer/songer writer they chose to sing in the background of the video happens to have the same last name. I find it EXTREMELY creepy hearing wierwille's voice in the background, spoiling a perfectly good song.

I went to the SOWERS web site and it appears they're on LEAD again right now; so we can expect some new pics as well as perhaps a few new hitch-hiking stories. That they have chosen to clone wierwille is kind of like a sci-fi movie gone bad!

Edited by taxicab

Thanks for the info taxicab. I'm relieved it's not Donnie but am sorry it has to be anybody.

Hearing that voice creeped me out as well. They could have a fine time just hiking in the wilderness, climbing rocks, reading the bible and enjoying each others' company without dragging along the perverted drunken ghost of vp.

• Upvote 1

This "Sowers" crap set my teeth on edge...The grandson is trying to resurrect his grandpa's "ministry"...Know what?...Even if the grandson is not a drunken liar who steals other people's work and claims it to be his own...even if he doesn't screw around or abuse people...it's STILL wrong doctrine! The so-called law of believing alone will cause mental illness or worse.

This kid is gonna hit the wall harder than Mr.Magoo playing Jai alai...Oh, to be young and stupid again...

This "Sowers" crap set my teeth on edge...The grandson is trying to resurrect his grandpa's "ministry".

I don't think it is the grandson.. it's pa, and mac.

what is most pathetic is junior is going along with it..

I sent Vic a little e-mail asking him if Dan Wilson is aware that they're using his song for a promo. I also commented on the old man's voice ruining a perfectly good song.

Good! Glad you did. If the song were mine I would want to know that a fledgling, offshoot cult is using it in promo - UNCREDITED!

"Oh, yeah... I remember Cli*f Ad*elm@n telling me about that once in 1983 ... I just didn't know Moneyhands was with the group. "

To add - there were only two of these POW camp-athons that occured to my knowledge. The one with LCM was first and a second time which was made up of participants from the 4th Corps which I was on, as was the Cliffster. They occurred in Sommerville's "Total Fitness Institute" program, AKA TFI. Both ended in blow ups on site at TFI. After the second one they were cancelled as being part of the "TFI training".

Jack worked for TFI at the time and helped to run the various segments of the program wtih several others there. That's Jack, unless he has a twin brother.

I never went to the LEAD or any of the subsequent versions of the program. TFI had some good aspects to it. I even still have the journal I kept in a small notebook and the report I wrote for VPW when we returned. It was about 50/50 on the negative in what I thought of the whole thing which was - overall, not worth the time, effort and risk.

While John was a nice guy and certainly talented, it wasn't managed well at all. He had a larger vision than just providing access to the Way Corps and nearly all of the program structure was of his own making. He had great people working for him but it was uh, kinda shot loose if you know what I mean. There was some petty dishonesty amongst the people there and what seemed to be a mixed attitude about what they were doing. But overall, good folks.

This had nothing to do with his connection to the Way, although he'd cut a deal with VPW to run these for the Way Corps and make part of the "training" program to provide labor while we were there and he was building his log cabins and living and work space. This offset some of the cost, which can't have been much more than a couple shoestrings at that point in his books, and helped him to get his operation up and running and off the ground.

Leo M---r I remember particularly well, he and I helped a woman hike uphill at about 45 degrees in the night and the dark. the whole group was hiking and she'd slipped down so many times she simply wasn't going to make it up and was crying. Hel l, I was on the verge. I stopped to grab some of her stuff to carry and wait it out till she was ready and Leo came along behind us and without saying a word, took her pack from me, slung it over his arm and said let's go when you're ready. He hiked for about another hour with two packs weighing together at least a 120 lbs - and we got to where we were going which was sleeping on the side of the hill against trees so we wouldn't slide down. He was a good guy, and rather than bi tch people out (common in that gang) he just did what needed to be done.

Hitchhiking all over the country and climbing mountains is a b-s--t call out to the past. Nothing wrong with climbing mountains but it's like pete and repete to me.

I never heard of Dan Wilson. There was a recording in twi called Theophilus/Hope. Not sure if Theophilus was the name of the group or Hope, but lot of twi people seemed to own this record. It had a song called 'God fearing woman and a good Christian man' and a nice a capella version of that song 'Some glad morning'. Good jam. This group is now called 'Delighted in God'. I thought this 'Free life' song might have been from them. Good song.

The name of the group was "Hope". One of their members is my brother-in-law. It looks like you're saying that they now go by the name of "Delighted in God". Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but that is not the case. "Delighted in God" would be a completely different group.

I read something junior junior posted on a website once.. he lists gramps among his heroes. "when I go to heaven, I want to see gramps, Jesus.. etc. etc."

if you see gramps, perhaps you are in the "wrong" place..

:biglaugh:

the next entity will not be Jesus..

:biglaugh:

I wonder if anyone has gotten raped in "junior junior's" outfit yet..

no, they won't tell, publicly. Either way.. just little anecdotes of success in believing, or something..

only thing I can say is. If blood wasn't on the head of the old organization, it is on theirs. I warned the curt, egotistical little bastard..

yeah. By default, it is on you..

I was the only "adviser" from the old organization that had a different message other than "go for it.. fella.."

I won't say only. the only one I am aware of..

I'm sure there were others..

Catcup.. maybe a few others..

but what the hell am *I*, anyway. My wow brother had a name for me once..

and the last rational conversation I had with him.. "don't let anybody talk you out of it.."

weird..