GreaseSpot Cafe

I never fit anywhere Thank God

JA47646

After spending the last 2 1/2 years in psychotherapy, I see why I spent 13 years in the Way.

I never fit anywhere. I was the only girl born when 3 brothers were almost grown. I was a Baptist who learned about TWI in Sunday school!!! At 17 I was so hungry for physical affection getting a "holy kiss" at my first twig "hooked" me. Again, not a whole lot of Wayfers were former Baptists in Wichita! I refused to quit college before I finished, again bucking the Wayfer trend of the time.

I lived in 5 different states and met some awesome people whom I still love and think of with love and pray for when they cross my mind. But now I live a very staid, suburban life, raising teenagers and recently joining a church. The last church I joined was when I was 15!!! It took me 40 years to take that plunge again and I'm already questioning if I made the right decision!

But my life is infinitely better and whole and I understand the decisions I made in my past and I'm thankful for the experiences, of The Way, of leaving the Way, of living and growing as a Christian. I got born again in my bedroom at age 8 and I knew then my life was changed. And I asked God for a life that was never boring, and boy, has He fulfilled that promise! My mother told me that being different from everyone else is a great thing. As always, she was right.

After spending the last 2 1/2 years in psychotherapy, I see why I spent 13 years in the Way.

I never fit anywhere. I was the only girl born when 3 brothers were almost grown. I was a Baptist who learned about TWI in Sunday school!!! At 17 I was so hungry for physical affection getting a "holy kiss" at my first twig "hooked" me. Again, not a whole lot of Wayfers were former Baptists in Wichita! I refused to quit college before I finished, again bucking the Wayfer trend of the time.

I lived in 5 different states and met some awesome people whom I still love and think of with love and pray for when they cross my mind. But now I live a very staid, suburban life, raising teenagers and recently joining a church. The last church I joined was when I was 15!!! It took me 40 years to take that plunge again and I'm already questioning if I made the right decision!

But my life is infinitely better and whole and I understand the decisions I made in my past and I'm thankful for the experiences, of The Way, of leaving the Way, of living and growing as a Christian. I got born again in my bedroom at age 8 and I knew then my life was changed. And I asked God for a life that was never boring, and boy, has He fulfilled that promise! My mother told me that being different from everyone else is a great thing. As always, she was right.

I spent 13 yrs in twi too. It took years to reshape my beliefs in God, after twi took them from me. I found a church that I like, and when I want to go, I go. JA47646 whatever makes you happy is the rule I follow now. Welcome!

• 9 months later...