GreaseSpot Cafe

Photos Wanted

pawtucket

I am looking for photos of leadership in TWI. Preferably photos from the past 2-4 years. From Board of Directors; Staff; Region and Limb leaders. Photos of meetings, gatherings. You can email them to greasespot@gmail.com.

I'd be happy to blur out any faces for you or crop them for you.

Thanks.

Edited by pawtucket

It might be easy to "photoshop" a politically correct, or close photo. Just take the ole photos, of c**lar, rosie, etc. Remove some hair, and add some in the appropriate spots. You know, ear hair, nasal hair, etc.

:biglaugh:

I dunno. Might be a hard request. I imagine cameras, digital and otherwise, and cell-phones with cameras are verboten at way ceremonies..

This just made me realize that I haven't gotten an ugly HoHo card in a couple of years....

YES!

I'm not sure what is worse; an ugly TWI "Ho-Ho card", or one of those holiday newsletters from a friend who rattles on for 3 pages about how great their life is. You know, ones that go something like, "Billy got his blue belt in tae-kwan-do, and Sheila is in Switzerland studying the effects of global warming on tadpoles. She'll graduate with honors, as usual hee-hee!"

I've always wanted to send out a newsletter saying, "We're very happy this year because our daughter Sally finally completes her drug rehab program. Her counselor is hopeful that this time it will work. As far as our son George, we're very proud of him. He's come a long way since trying to stab his teacher during math class. (Boy were we embarrassed!) Carl has promised that this year he is going to get serious about finding a job!"

Edited by Broken Arrow

I'm not sure what is worse; an ugly TWI "Ho-Ho card", or one of those holiday newsletters from a friend who rattles on for 3 pages about how great their life is. You know, ones that go something like, "Billy got his blue belt in tae-kwan-do, and Sheila is in Switzerland studying the effects of global warming on tadpoles. She'll graduate with honors, as usual hee-hee!"

I've always wanted to send out a newsletter saying, "We're very happy this year because our daughter Sally finally completes her drug rehab program. Her counselor is hopeful that this time it will work. As far as our son George, we're very proud of him. He's come a long way since trying to stab his teacher during math class. (Boy were we embarrassed!) Carl has promised that this year he is going to get serious about finding a job!"

Broken Arrow, THAT is hilarious!! I know exactly what you mean about those glowing letters from parents with those PERFECT CHILDREN! I was just talking with a exTWI reverend about that! We were laughing hard over it.

I used to hate getting those stupid cards with the BOD's picture plastered on the front. And what was worse most twi folks used to hang those cards all over the place, which really fouled up a room. It was like they were showing how committed they were to hang the stupid card in plain sight so the could S.I.T for them like a house of fire. <_<

I used to hate getting those stupid cards with the BOD's picture plastered on the front. And what was worse most twi folks used to hang those cards all over the place, which really fouled up a room. It was like they were showing how committed they were to hang the stupid card in plain sight so the could S.I.T for them like a house of fire. <_<

Then there were the VPW "holy cards". A Wallet-sized picture of VP standing with a dark blue suit and a Bible. I brought a "new person" to the Rock one year and he took one look at those and went "Yech!" and he never came back. Said we worshipped Wierwille...can you imagine that? The heathen!

I know, right? That has to be the stupidest thing ever, visiting people's houses and them having picture frames just ready to insert the cheap 4x6 of the smiling BODummies into it, just so they could appear to be a little more in favor than the next person. I remember one dumb@$$ specifically showing people pictures of personal time with Rosalie like they were the most prized possession.

And we used to give the Catholics $h1t for carrying around medalions with saints on them? For putting up pictures of saints?

Next thing you know they'll be calling the picture sessions of the BODummies the "Beautification of the BOD".

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Then there were the VPW "holy cards". A Wallet-sized picture of VP standing with a dark blue suit and a Bible. I brought a "new person" to the Rock one year and he took one look at those and went "Yech!" and he never came back. Said we worshipped Wierwille...can you imagine that? The heathen!

you mean you didn't light candles and burn incense for his holiness, VPW? :smilie_kool_aid::biglaugh:

• 1 month later...

you mean you didn't light candles and burn incense for his holiness, VPW? :smilie_kool_aid::biglaugh:

icons of St. Victor the leacherous, St. Craig the profane, and St. Rosie the human riverter :eusa_clap::biglaugh::evildenk::evilshades:

• 3 years later...

I am looking for photos of leadership in TWI. Preferably photos from the past 2-4 years. From Board of Directors; Staff; Region and Limb leaders. Photos of meetings, gatherings. You can email them to greasespot@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Nothing in the recent past but am sure I have a few from back in the days before we had digital; if you are interested then the next time I am looking through old photo's I can pull some and scan them. They are pretty much only good for those looking to trip down memory lane - something which I have done a time or two. Part of the reason I got on GSC - to find some old friends (I suppose their are easier search ways to do that). I need to start a new thread for the reason I am here, information/thoughts on STF's REV of the New Testament.

Thanks.

Mr. Pawtucket, it is now 2015 and I realize the request is 4 years old but I want to know: what is your intent with the photos. Given you are seemingly concerned with only leadership folk, I do not anticipate something on the positive side, are you looking to dis folks? Please, re-evaluate your heart, there is a better way to get your point acrosse to help folk. If this is a revenge site against sisters and brothers (past or present) I will not participate. Who knows if you are even here to respond. We have all been hurt, but must we continue to inflictt. It's time to seak healing and move on in our lives and work the word.

• 3 months later...

Mr. Pawtucket, it is now 2015 and I realize the request is 4 years old but I want to know: what is your intent with the photos. Given you are seemingly concerned with only leadership folk, I do not anticipate something on the positive side, are you looking to dis folks? Please, re-evaluate your heart, there is a better way to get your point acrosse to help folk. If this is a revenge site against sisters and brothers (past or present) I will not participate. Who knows if you are even here to respond. We have all been hurt, but must we continue to inflictt. It's time to seak healing and move on in our lives and work the word.

The best healing I got was when one of the thugs was fired and 3 others quit the way. I am moving foward. Philippians 3:13-14

• 2 weeks later...

Well Mongo, you can always say you are moving forward (same as I) but you will always drag on a bit of mental baggage: you can not erraise all of your memories - would you really want that power. We are a product of all our past experiences, yet, we choose what we take from those experiences. That's why I continue to read the Bible on a daily basis: keep the best and keep the best.

• 1 month later...