GreaseSpot Cafe

W.O.W. is back!

waysider

On 7/11/2011 at 10:38 PM, OperaBuff said:

Yes, we all four stayed the entire year; psychologically abandoned, adrift and completely dysfunctional, but we stayed together. Funny how much the human mind can seemingly tolerate. On the drive back to the Rock, we weren't speaking. We stopped for the night at some believer's house, but I decided to sleep in our WOWmobile. After the Rock, I stopped associating with TWI and soon began using recreational drugs on a daily basis. I snapped out of it in a few years.

OB, I thought my WOW sucked, but I think your's was worse than mine.  It seems your WOW brother had several mental problems; he should never have been allowed on the field.  

On 7/11/2011 at 10:04 AM, OperaBuff said:

Whaddaya mean, throw darts? God Himself chose my WOW brother for me.

ha. ha ha. haha. hahaha. Haha! Hahaha!! HAHAHAHA!!!

My WOW brother was also our family coordinator for the first few months, until our BC finally believed what we'd been telling her and got permission from HQ to demote (but not remove) him. He used to entertain us, his stunned WOW family. His favorite way, one which always got a huge laugh out of him, was to walk out from the bathroom with his thang dangling out his zipper. haha, what a riot. Another favorite was to walk around with an erection that he would suddenly and unexpectedly flash at us. HAHA! Oh my. Those were some good times. You're the best.

He was from the New Knoxville area and knew Dr quite well, he said.

Darts. I wish they'd thrown darts.

Good luck, Sowers! Now you're the best.

OB, if I had been in your WOW family, I would have left the field, the first time he did this.  The guy had mental problems, and he was allowed to stay on the field??!!  WTF??!!

On 7/11/2011 at 5:53 PM, mchud11 said:

Thanks, Waysider;

I wrote Mr. Wierwille a very short letter, asked him to stay out of Denver and Colorado Springs, well cause I would hate to go over to their little fellowship and confront them on the Tithe, cause at the moment that is the only issue that I know of that is worthy of my time...read "the law". I do plan on praying for the Dude, who knows maybe he has "da ka hoe na's" to write me back.

michael

Michael, please let us know if he does.  Personally, I don't think he will, but he might.

On 7/17/2011 at 11:38 AM, Abigail said:

Waysider said: There are lots of incidents of psychological abuse, sexual abuse, violence and, yes, even murder, that were simply never reported to the general populace of The Way. Many of them were brought to the attention of upper management at The Way. (Alaska and Alabama seem to ring a bell for me.) In some cases, The Way chose to resolve the problem by relocating the individual to another area where their indiscretions would not be known. In some of the others, the perpetrators were tried and convicted. Part of the purpose of this site is to expose those incidents, not sweep them under the carpet like The Way did. I encourage anyone to search these pages for more detailed information. It's here if you really want to find it.

Far more incidents than have ever been discussed here, I am sure. Part of the problem was leadership who wanted to sweep things under the rug, lest "the ministry be blamed." Another problem were leaders who were in over their heads and simlply had no idea how to handle such difficult situations, in conjunction with the ministry line that you didn't seek outside/wordly counsel.

What I went through at the hands of my ex . . . it wasn't a secret. People knew. I remember when it first started and I went to my twig coordators - people I loved and trusted and to this day still believe were genuine, well-intentioned people. I honestly believe they wanted to do right, but were in way over their heads (pun intended).

Unfortunately, what they said, the counsel they gave made everything worse. It amounted to putting the blame on me, something I was all too willing to accept -because that is what women who are abused do. They blame themselves. And then they blamed me too. The whole thing made me feel crazy. I have no way to describe it to someone who has never experienced it and I am so thankful that there is a place (here) where there are women who do get it. I'm not happy that they experienced anything aking to what I did, but I am relieved to know there are people who understand.

Abby, some of us understand very well what you went through. Many of the leaders in TWI, had no business in leadership roles.  They lacked compassion, and common sense.  If I had problems, I didn't go to the leaders in TWI; I found people outside of TWI who helped me.  

On 9/6/2011 at 9:42 PM, waysider said:

OOPS!

:redface2:

I guess that's good news, though. That will give you plenty of time to stock up on Ramen noodles and get an oil change for your W.O.wW-Mobile.

Way, gee I guess I can't go.  I don't have a car, and I don't eat Ramen Noodles.  Perhaps a lot of us can go next year; right after Young Vic leads the way.

On 7/10/2011 at 9:48 PM, waysider said:

Time is running out. Only a couple months left to sign up.

If not now, when?

If not you, who?

CLICK

(I wonder if they're going to throw darts at the map like they did in the original program. LOL)

Way, are they going to have WOW Vet homes??  Is Young Vic planning on going WOW, to see what it's like??  I went WOW once, and that was enough for me.  I hated it, and couldn't wait for the year to end.