GreaseSpot Cafe

Why don't they leave?

DogLover

It seems well established online that the current president of TWI knew about and helped arrange the sexual liaisons for Craig when he was president, and others have thought that RFR was doing that to have Donna to herself, and that they currently have a lesbian relationship and have had for many years. RFR openly let a lesbian couple live in the basement of her home and this was after they were allowed to sleep together in a double bed in the Corps Chalet. While the rank and file may not know this, some of the leadership that visit this forum do know. They also know what Romans 1 has to say about these folks ... that they are reprobate, devoid of sound judgment.

Yet they continue on in the Way, sure it is "God's Household" -- one particular couple comes to my mind as I write this, and in their case I suspect their current assignment is rather a bribe to keep them quiet about what they know, but still keeps them from being able to spend time with their only son and his wife and children. Why can they not see and respond to what is happening? How can they think what they are doing is Godly?

Answers, Moneyhands? And others?

what Romans 1 has to say about these folks

that would be what twi's interpretation of those scriptures

not everyone thinks the same 'way' about what Romans 1 is saying

just to be clear on how they are treating themselves to others...

and the doctrine they claim to believe, but practice something quite different

"First they came for the Jews

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left

to speak out for me."

- Hans Niemoller (translated)

=====================

Some people are scared of EVERYTHING.

twi has terrified them of the world outside twi.

twi had them terrified OF twi.

So, they're scared to leave because they think they'll be outside God's protection.

So, they stay in twi and huddle together, afraid of twi but hoping twi won't hit them.

It's like an abusive marriage, and rationalized the same way.

"It's nice most of the time, if something happens to me, I deserved it...."

"First they came for the Jews

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left

to speak out for me."

- Hans Niemoller (translated)

=====================

Some people are scared of EVERYTHING.

twi has terrified them of the world outside twi.

twi had them terrified OF twi.

So, they're scared to leave because they think they'll be outside God's protection.

So, they stay in twi and huddle together, afraid of twi but hoping twi won't hit them.

It's like an abusive marriage, and rationalized the same way.

"It's nice most of the time, if something happens to me, I deserved it...."

I watched a news show about the girl who had been held captive for 18 years. She had been abducted by a man and his wife when she was only 11 years old, held in a storage shed for years and eventually bore two children to the man who had held her hostage. It has been asked repeatedly why she didn't leave. She had become afraid of the outside world and wanted to protect her two daughters. She said it was hard to explain.

But one thing she said was revealing. It was directed to the kidnapper and went something like "you were wrong about everything". He was known for his egomaniacal preachings.

While I would never compare my experiences with hers, I think I understood what she meant by that. When someone is only really listening to one voice, you become dependant on it. Even though on some levels you're acknowledging their behavior is bad, somewhere along the line they got you to believe they are right about the most important things and that they are the only "safe" choice.

I remember being so afraid I would be M&A over nothing. I had seen it happen to others and it scared me to death. So I outwardly agreed with everything they said and did whatever they wanted me to.

Someone on the outside looking in would have seen it as this: All I had to do was leave and things would get better. I would no longer be subjected to viscious verbal assaults, every aspect of my life would no longer be monitored, I would no longer be under the rule of egotistical leaders, and I wouldn't be working for free anymore.

Sounds great doesn't it? So why did it take me so long to break away? Because I fell for their fear tacticts. People who oppress other people are good at it. Even to this day, I will sometimes find myself slipping, thinking they still have power over me. Like if they found out I've been posting here and what they would do to me.

But now I shake it off right away and keep moving forward. I'm happier, healthier and I don't care about their approval/disapproval as I once did. (They can clean there own damn "limb homes.") I have a bunch of wonderful friends now and I'm living a great life. I get to do things that are truly fun. (They can string their own damn chairs.)

twi was rarely fun or fufilling. Most leaders did not know how to be a friend and they certainly did not know how to inspire. They never were and never will be better than anyone else, no matter how many temper tantrums they throw.

I'm now on the outside looking in and I see it too. Things did get better. Much better.

Amazing comparison. All outside influences and input were slowly eliminated from our lives. Families and friends, employers, neighbors, in short, anyone who genuinely cared for us were soon cut out of our lives because they were natural man, apt to be working for satan. Books, newspapers, television were all eliminated as distractions. Outside activities were considered to be stealing from God`s time and resources.

Anyone or thing that might have provided balance or a reasonable perspective were silenced.

Your leader became the sole voice. If they liked you, or you had resources or skills they needed. life was tolerable. If they didn`t ....you were hounded as one who is spiritually unfit.

Abuse became acceptable because they loved you and were trying to make you better.

Edited by rascal

I would have to agree with others that one of the biggest reasons wayfers don't leave is fear. If we're talking about those at HQ, the majority of them have been there for decades. DECADES! And going out and getting a real job with real responsibilities scares them. They've given up. They'll just stay there and exist. Life is not too bad in rural Ohio. Nice, quiet, wholesome community (outside of the compound). They're just going through the motions, checking off the boxes on their "sponsies" list, smiling, still saying "Bless you!" but they're miserable.

I guess another question would be why don't they throw RFR out? Last I knew most can't wait for her to retire, die, or somehow get out of the way so they can get some sort of life back into their ministry. It doesn't seem like it would be too hard. I know there have been reports of underground movements to throw her out but so far it hasn't happened.

Recently Robert Schuller was thrown out of the very church that he founded. Wow. RFR must have read about that and started looking around at her loyal cabinet, wondering who might be her Brutus.

But she is a sly Fox. She didn't get in her position by being nice or playing fair. She puts up a pretty good front of being a nice old lady but I used to see grown men quake in fear of her. Don't know what she has on them but it's something big.

It seems well established online that the current president of TWI knew about and helped arrange the sexual liaisons for Craig when he was president, and others have thought that RFR was doing that to have Donna to herself, and that they currently have a lesbian relationship and have had for many years. RFR openly let a lesbian couple live in the basement of her home and this was after they were allowed to sleep together in a double bed in the Corps Chalet. While the rank and file may not know this, some of the leadership that visit this forum do know. They also know what Romans 1 has to say about these folks ... that they are reprobate, devoid of sound judgment.

Yet they continue on in the Way, sure it is "God's Household" -- one particular couple comes to my mind as I write this, and in their case I suspect their current assignment is rather a bribe to keep them quiet about what they know, but still keeps them from being able to spend time with their only son and his wife and children. Why can they not see and respond to what is happening? How can they think what they are doing is Godly?

Answers, Moneyhands? And others?

Don't know what she has on them but it's something big.

She may have nothing ON them.....but what she could do TO them is frightening.

The cult leader can call a staff meeting and orchestrate a character-assassination in full public display. Twist a few details, insert a few suspicions, add some backroom confrontations, and stir in possession....and that cabinet-guy could be packing within the hour. The power to manipulate and control and destroy people is a "power to be feared."

They know what rosalie could do.

They saw what wierwille and martindale did.

Full-faithed allegiance to twi is the playbook.

And anyone hanging around for decades knows the game.

Thanks, Folks, for all the posts ... they are well-put and certainly remind me why Moneyhands and others have not left....so sad for them all ... how much better life would be if they didn't let fear control their lives.

maybe Rosie the Riverter(of Donna) is in reality Angelique Bouchert from Dark Shadows :evilshades::evildenk:

Eureka! I left in '89 when LCM issued his "follow me or get out" letter to the staff. All this time I've considered myself a coward for waiting for a large crowd to leave so I could safely leave without bringing much attention to myself. Now I understand things better. I wasn't a coward, I wanted to survive. I don't think I could have taken a direct assault from them on my own at that time.

Thanks for the posts everybody! :)

They don't leave because the word is at steak and they want some peas.

Oops, sorry, wrong thread... LOL

• Upvote 1

I don't think I could have taken a direct assault from them on my own at that time.

Yeah.....I took a direct assault from two Region Coordinators with Martindale calling the shots from afar. When my wife and I refused to cowtow to their demands, they M&A us and rushed to our city for damage control.

The next corps meeting, Martindale went on a rant to destroy our good reputation....of which, months later, many corps told us that they didn't believe those lies for one second. After Martindale was ousted in 2000, we received more phone calls from others who were exiting.

It definitely was a tough few months to get our bearings and move forward, but when Waydale surfaced.....it was a Godsend.

Thanks to all who've encouraged us thru the years.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Interesting topic

Some...especially those who are / have been on staff, for DECADES just don't

want to take a stand and declare independence. They've become mentally comfortable

with the systems and chains. As a matter of fact, those systems they've made homes in,

and the chains are no more than decorations and jewelery.

They see the wrong, yet to keep the status quo, they

rationalize. For example, the Mooneyhands were mentioned. Where would

they go? What would they do? Where would they find elevated positions that they are

used to? And if they were to depart, would their son? Would he reject them as 'copouts?'

Some...may still 'believe' they're in the only organization that God regards. To them,

there is nothing else. And they'll go down with the ship. Sincere and admirable...but IMO, wrong

and misguided.

Once, I was also a full-time Corps/employee of TWI. When they were in cost cutting measures, and many

in the Corps had to get jobs, I remember talking with others who were also in paid positions.

My Region coordinator admitted, he was terrified at the idea, since neither he or his wife had

college, much meaningful work experience or skills, and now had two young kids. They felt they had to tow the line.

And their job was to convince all others (believers, Corps, twig coordinators, etc.) that TWI

was the genuine thing....even if they had serious doubts. My wife and I saw that, and actually went the

other direction. We requested volunteer positions, against the wishes of all our leadership.

Once we got off the dole, we refused to live in the same status quo fear and bondagethat so many

others secretly lived in (although we discussed among ourselves) and eventually were

led to declare our own independence. Free to live, love, and serve our Father! Now we love life,

(own a beautiful home, and a prosperous business) and see things very differently.

So, from a leadership standpoint, many do not leave because they feel trapped, and are afraid (financial,

lack of position / prestige, family members still in TWI, etc.)

Hope this offers a little perspective regarding some still there.

• Upvote 1

Why don't they leave?

Basically, it boils down to one thing: FEAR

1) Fear of what's outside the ministry after many years of indoctrination on how the world outside TWI is bad.

2) Fear of starting from scratch after many years spent and invested in the ministry.

3) Fear of having the family split apart.

4) Fear of losing friends in the ministry by being M&A.

Infinite fears.

It's ironic that while the ministry teaches against fear, it is the one that is instilling it on everyone.

Me, I left and escaped on my own despite having the fear from all these talks of losing protection from God when leaving the ministry, I didn't f***ing care by then: I felt that I just rather be free in the wilderness than being confined and enslaved in the ministry and I didn't bloody care if I was going to be M&A'd by leaving the ministry: they are not friends if they do that crap.

• Upvote 1