GreaseSpot Cafe

The most outragious statement in a TWI meeting?

Jim

I remember that, hiway!

Here's one:

"That book IS The Word of God even though it's not THE Bible or about the Bible because it was written about a man who's life was an embodiment of THE WORD! THAT'S why I told you to teach from it!"

-My branch coordinator's response to my question "How can I teach from "Born Again to Serve" [VP's biography] since it isn't even about the Bible? It was the thing that first opened my eyes that twi worshipped VP, not God.

a guy i know was shot by accident, and I was told it was because he didn't obey leadership.

6 million jews didn't die in ww2

jews aren't jews

Roman Catholics aka RC's, were the cause of all wars

Homosexuals are the worst people on the earth

If you read that letter, you'll open your mind to devil spirits, you'll be possessed and you won't even know it. <---- this one bothered me a lot. I kept thinking how did i now I already wasn't possessed... it was difficult to over come that fear.

Pulp Fiction copied athletes of the spirit, [the dance scene]

It's not true because it happened to you, it's true cause the word says so". <--the implications here are dangerous, considering that TWI defined the "word"

"It's not a big deal when people have sex, you gotta know how to please a woman" <--- i actually agree with this, but it was in contrast to the other branch coordinator who said "sex is only for married people, or else you'll invite devil sprits into your life" <--this person sounds crazy to me.

there are so many

Most if not all of the "Special Leadership Tapes" that okus dooficus taught supposedly out of Galatians. There we learned how to use the "f" word in all parts of speech, sometimes within the same sentence, and the categorization of about two dozen devil spirits that supposedly inhibited Chris Geer, including how his head transformed into VPW one time, along with lots and lots of whining and crying.

You know, when things don't go your way, demonize. Modus operandi of TWI.

:offtopic:

Pulp Fiction copied athletes of the spirit, [the dance scene]

Hmm, I thought it was Michael Jackson who copied AoS?

Wasn't the "moon walk" devised by someone in TWI?

And then, there was "His-story" which was some name devised by TWI.

For all this "MJ copied TWI" - one day my Corps was told to watch a video of MJ dancing. Because even if he was so possessed, we could still learn from his skill in dancing. Or something like that. Too long ago to remember, really.

Or maybe not "off topic" - they're certainly outrageous statements. Just not the most outrageous.

Edited by Twinky

Wierwille said to Jim Doop

If you ever do have another woman and she shoots her mouth off about going to bed with you, you just deny the whole thing. Your life is more important than hers. You're a man of God, a leader. You're strong, Jim. I'm going to tell you something that you must not tell anyone else. Do you agree to keep this information in the lock box of your mind?
The Board of Trustees of the Way puts a piece of paper in the safe with a name on it. And the name we put on the paper is the person who would take our place if we should die that year. We review that name once a year. Do you know whose name I put on my piece of paper to take my position if I die? You, Jim. You're the only one I could trust to do the job.

I did not know Jim Doop. From what, I've heard about him, though, I think The Way would have fallen apart rather abruptly if its future had been entrusted to him. I don't think he could have ever continued on the path of corruption and deceit that Mr. Wierwille had carved out.

Edited by waysider

:offtopic:

Hmm, I thought it was Michael Jackson who copied AoS?

Wasn't the "moon walk" devised by someone in TWI?

And then, there was "His-story" which was some name devised by TWI.

For all this "MJ copied TWI" - one day my Corps was told to watch a video of MJ dancing. Because even if he was so possessed, we could still learn from his skill in dancing. Or something like that. Too long ago to remember, really.

Or maybe not "off topic" - they're certainly outrageous statements. Just not the most outrageous.

Okie said "Staying Alive" starring John Travolta was a rip-off of Athletes of the Spirit. When training for AOL, Okie used Travolta's book on how to get fit and toned. I think it was Sylvester Stallone that trained Travolta and that was what the book was about.

• Upvote 1

"According to Doctor,......"

:biglaugh:

You do know he really wasn't one, but played one in his own mind/imagination

someone corrected me that pat and mary were both trained in the way leadership should behave

i guess that's how you get to be a leader in most instances

--

i do believe the most outrageous statement i heard in a corps twig was some tape by a psycho named geer -- blaming me for the downfall of the way ministry -- but i guess i should thank him since that was what spurred (?) my exodus

i really would never thank that piece for anything

--

the other outrageous thing that was said at that twig meeting was that we "corps" weren't allowed to "share" the details of that meeting with "regular" "little" believers -- which my husband and i immediately did oops not good leaders are we!!!!

Edited by excathedra

How much you wanna bet that line about the safe with a name in it is 100% horse puckey. Complete falsehood. VP lying to coerce Jim Doop's allegiance because he needed it right then to maintain control.

Reminds me of that nutty story in PLAF (The Wonder Class) where VPW says the devil would peek in his desk drawer through the week to find out what he was going to preach about on Sunday..... Put it in a safe....hahahaha....now, that's funny! (but not really)

Sorry. Was I being disrespectful again? :biglaugh:

Edited by waysider

Nothing really ever good happens after midnight!

I think the corp heard this and handed it down the ladder.

I wasn't corp but I think it was something said to prevent anyone from staying out later after fellowshipping.

The most outrageous thing I remember hearing was back around 1990 when Martindale started encouraging people to accuse someone of homosexuality based on a "genuine spiritual suspicion". What the he!! is THAT???

Back in the Advanced Class, we were taught that discerning of spirits is a revelation manifestation and if you receive revelation, you KNOW.

If you KNOW, there's no need for suspicion. If you don't KNOW, then you're just thinking evil. I was floored that the President of the Way was teaching people to think evil and ruin other believers' lives. That's when I made the decision to leave.

Of course Geer's assertion that anyone involved with Shenhoot's paper had to have been possessed was pretty outrageous too. Anyone who dared to assert that adultery is a sin just HAD to be pure evil, dontchaknow?

Outrageous statement?

Donnie Fugit was limb leader of MO from '79-'82. Not sure when he said this, but he once said to a large group of folks...

"The greatest thing that God ever did was the giving of the holy spirit on Pentecost, and the 2nd greatest thing God ever did was the PFAL class!"

Don't get me wrong. I still value pfal, but yeah, that one just might be a tad hyperbolic, eh?

Johniam, seeing as how at least half of what's in PFAL has been proven to be WRONG, I'd say that was more than "a tad hyperbolic". Which brings up the obvious question, why do you still value PFAL? Do you still believe most of what's in it?

If so, you owe it to yourself to seriously reconsider that content. Here are a couple of links that may help you see this more clearly. More truthfully.

Actual Errors in PFAL

The PFAL Review