GreaseSpot Cafe

The Wandas

pawtucket

About a year ago or so, I kept hearing the tail end of a song on the local FM station. It had a great hook but the dang DJ never said who it was at the end. I was driving each time and never remembered to call the station.

A few months later, one of my High School Classmates called and asked me if I could get a band some airplay on the station where I do a show. Well it was the band that his son's best friend played in. I said sure, get me in contact with them. I emailed the lead singer and he mailed me a copy of their CD. I waited until I was driving to work to play it the next day. This was a great CD, very "Beatlesque" And then that song that I kept hearing the tail end of started playing!! I think I listened to it 50 times that week. I got in contact with one of the DJ's that does a very popular show in the evenings, she fell in love with the CD, hooked them up and they were on in a few weeks.

I got to know all the guys in the band through facebook and emails. They sent me some songs that they were planning for their new album that they recorded last december. The CD was finally released this week. I went to see them in July at a club that is owned by one of the guys relatives. Although we had never met face to face, we knew each other right away. They did originals and covers, it was a very fun night. At the end of the show, I was talking to Keith Lead Singer and Ross the Bass player. I asked them what they thought of being guest DJ's on my show. They loved the idea. So they each put together 10 songs and recorded intros for them. I played the show a few weeks ago, it was a blast.

Then last saturday, I went to see them and took my niece with me, she was feeling down, her dad isn't too well. Of course each of the guys come up and say Hi and I introduce them to her. She was amazed, "you know these guys?" "They are so dreamy" " I've never met anyone in a band before" It was a great gig, a little late for me, didn't get home until 3:30 in the morning. But Keith gave her the new CD and she was in heaven.

Anyway, if you get a chance, check them out here They are going on tour next week, so if you want to hear some great new music, check out their tour schedule and see them if they are nearby.

Okay that's my plug for the year.

Thanks and now back to regularly scheduled programming.

• 2 weeks later...