GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI production of Way history

penworks

I was shocked to stumble across this today...Has anyone else seen this piece of TWI propaganda? Judging from the actors (I remember two of them) I think this was made in the 1980s sometime...in the auditorium.

Edited by penworks
  • Upvote 1

Never seen it......but the lead actor, 10th corps grad, did several promos for a short stint. For a time, I think it was his full-time job.

Obviously, with it being videotaped in the auditorium....it happened after March 1985. And, with twi in "Dances In Tights" practice and production, it more than likely happened after 1985 roa.

By 1986, the Geer power-grab was coming into focus......and I seriously doubt much happened after that. The "fog" set in after ROA 1986. :rolleyes:

They (twi)called it "protrayals)A drama event staged for your enrichment.

Usually a way version of how events played out according to them.Not actual,

just in thier minds to bless you.

Those guys that didn't stand with wierwille?They didn't matter anymore,"copouts"

Good thing God looks on things differently.

it's TWI spin zone :smilie_kool_aid:

I watched the first few minutes of the clip (sorry, can't bring myself to watch all 17 minutes of that garbage after wasting all those years with these dorks) and it sure seems to be another layer of programming with the aim of reinforcing the facade that victor paul wierwille created for himself. To me it seems to have a creepy "Leave it to Beaver" vibe. One thing seems common with all the VPW propaganda I have seen over the years. They portray him as the "prophet in the wilderness," standing against a corrupt world. And then one manages to peel back the facade and all that is left is a loud mouthed bully who was a sexual predator. Sometimes I'm sick with the time lost to that organization and thank God I got out.

• Upvote 1

it's from VPW's/TWI version of events mostly lies or reimagining revisionist history :evildenk::evilshades::smilie_kool_aid:

Hmph. Sanitized, somewhat.

Loved the reference to Pike's Peak, heh heh.

...The Dilemma of Foreign Missions...has anybody seen a copy? Maybe that should be one of the documents pinned on the Cafe front page. Since Vic wrote it as a founding charter or some such.

What was the actual "dilemma" supposed to be? I dunno. I looked that little publication over once. It was in the the victoids collection of black arts in the advanced class 1981.

No kidding. It was on the table. Not too far from samples of automatic writing, strange (supposed) wiccan practices and the like..

it had vague references to Indian nationalism being the supposed "answer" to the dilemma and such..

I think the egotistical little bastard was trying to ride in on the coat tails of Gandhi or something..

Rather interesting, too, that this little "production" succinctly slams the work of E. Stanley Jones, along with the others. You would think Wierwille might have had a little more respect for the man who originated one of his own catch phrases (Fear is sand in the machinery of life) as well as inspire the original concept of The Way Corps (the modern ashram).

Edited by waysider

really. He was a hapless, helpless, ignorant sonofabitch.. who perchance adventured his dumbassednessedness onto a moment of reality..

:biglaugh:

and they think he was some kind of God..

that's way history. It happened itself, onto the cosmic scheme of things..

Here's another silly little tidbit:

The Wierwille "character" says that, when the denominations find out about his pamphlet, "they'll be mad as hatters", implying they would be angry. In fact, the expression has nothing to do with anger. It's an expression used to imply insanity. For a ministry that dragged on for hours about the meaning of "if", they seem to have neglected to do their homework on this one.

Edited by waysider
  • Upvote 1

Sorry. just a *tad* bit too much red wine tonight.. I hope it makes sense to somebody other than myself..

Dick Clark. God Bless his soul..

he was the character who showed up in the trench coat to explain the event.

He never claimed to BE the event..

Here is my own version of Way history.

In 1916, a grifter was born to pig farmers in rural Ohio. For years, he practiced at perfecting his grifting skills until, years later, he stumbled upon a multilevel marketing business model. Using his polished oratory skills, a penchant for plagiarism and a thin veneer of Biblical references to lend credibility, he hawked his wares to the hapless masses, living high on a hog of another sort until, one day, he croaked.

The end

p.s. He was mad as a hatter.

Edited by waysider
  • Upvote 1

Here is my own version of Way history.

In 1916, a grifter was born to pig farmers in rural Ohio. For years, he practiced at perfecting his grifting skills until, years later, he stumbled upon a multilevel marketing business model. Using his polished oratory skills, a penchant for plagiarism and a thin veneer of Biblical references to lend credibility, he hawked his wares to the hapless masses, living high on a hog of another sort until, one day, he croaked.

The end

p.s. He was mad as a hatter.

aren't we all..

]

mad as a hatter, that is..

makes room for us at tea parties, thought doesn't it?