GreaseSpot Cafe

Buzzing HQ... just for fun

TheHighWay

Figured that chock, thanks.

It amazes me that local kids would be able to penetrate the shield of protection to that degree, that they could actually get ON the property and do that. It's nothing really new, joyriders hitting the grounds but when there were more people around they'd at least stay on the road hooting and hollering and of course shooting up the "Pregnant Guppy" sign out on 29. It's a weird area in that regard. Rural America I guess. It's strange that such things would go on, in "the City" destruction of property puts people in jail. What do they do in Shelby County, revoke their license to buy beer for a week?

It's not a popular position but perhaps it's the local yokels who cause some of the overt security measure, the following of cars down the road, knowing that it could be a group of funsters looking to mark their 18th birthday by doing doughnuts on the Way's grass....? Just sayin'.....

I really feel the answer to that is - well, many years ago there were some cars of known dipwads that targeted W. Rd late at night, buzzing individuals at events like the ROA. They ran a person off the road one year who ended up with a broken arm. Rumor had it that several concerned citizens later that week were met by the same group, chasing them down nearby back roads. As chance would have it another car of Wayfers, perhaps two, was coming down the same road at the same time and incredibly, were able to stop in time to avoid a collision. Now, with several cars of Wayfers to the one car of joyriders, information was...exchanged once they'd all stopped, in the dark, on one of those backroads and it was suggested that these kinds of activities might be unsafe and should stop immediately. Details are sketchy . This was only a rumor and may never have happened and if it did I'm sure no one any of us would know was involved. Different times, indeed.

But it's a sad sad commentary on the state of affairs at the Way that they can't let a single car drive down the road without following it, whatever the cause or case. Y'know?

OldSkool will probably remember this better than me..

I remember hearing a story a while back about some local kids coming through and causing problems on HQ property, then leaving only to be involved in a fatal car accident or something later the same night. It was spoken of by my friends who worked at HQ in hush-hush tones, implying that the reason they had the accident was because of the attack on HQ - that God gave them over to the Adversary.

How sick is that?

Only thing that would make it sicker is if some way watchdog was told to counter-attack the perpetrators and caused the fatal accident. That's sick.

I'm sorry. I hope this didn't happen at all.

Edited by Human without the bean

I'm not sure who needs to get a life more: the twi security for following a car, or the locals for joyriding.

Yeah, somebody in twi will say the fatal accident was for driving on twi property, but some locals were probably saying to each other "twi is an evil place. Stay away. See what can happen when you drive on an evil place?" Betcha I'll betcha.

OldSkool will probably remember this better than me..

I remember hearing a story a while back about some local kids coming through and causing problems on HQ property, then leaving only to be involved in a fatal car accident or something later the same night. It was spoken of by my friends who worked at HQ in hush-hush tones, implying that the reason they had the accident was because of the attack on HQ - that God gave them over to the Adversary.

How sick is that?

I remember hearing about that. Leave it to wayfers to connect the dots between a tragedy and some goof ball kids harassing the local cult. the way international dug their own hole with security concerns. Victoid did nothing but antagonize the local community all his years. Craig followed right in his footsteps. Rosie has gone through great lengths to smooth their misguided efforts over and has had some success. At least with local businesses. Bottom line is they are a cult stationed in the boondocks. Kids are gonna mess with them out of sheer boredom if for no other reason. Instructing your private security force to follow cars down a public road in broad day light is nothing short of creepy.

While living at hq.....I used to think how wonderful it was to see the place beautifully manicured, meticulously in order and polished.

NOW.....I see the deception of the manicured appearance. Kinda like the "whitewash" reference in scripture and full of dead men's bones.

That is exactly how I felt, driving by... everything seemed so sad and plastic to me. (and yeah, the overcast day didn't exactly help the mood any)

WG, I agree... and the only way/ex-way location that doesn't make me feel like that is Emporia... got to stroll those grounds a few years ago and they have done so much to change it and make good use of the space that all I felt was a twinge of nostalgia for the good times and not so much for the bad. (of course, I didn't really suffer there the way some folks did).

Gunnison is the only location I haven't been back to but I've seen pictures posted by current wayfers and it makes me feel the way driving through HQ did... like it was all veneers and plastic smiles... sugar coating on a turd.

Sorry if the pics are bringing back sad/bad memories folks... I just thought some would want to see them...

(edited due to typo's)

Edited by TheHighWay

I think I understand why the locals have some fascination with "buzzing" the place..

they can see the hypocrisy. The outstretched arms of Jesus (ahem) rosie bidding them to partake of some Divine Goodness..

and then they check your i.d. at the door..

:biglaugh:

really..

"and which state are you from?"

"who is your overseer?"

"who oversees your overseer?"

so one is "welcome" if one can pass seventeen levels of security..

then one waltzes (gently) on (no no no! never) on the well manicured grass..

have to pass five levels of "security" to just go to a damned church..

Well, I 'should' have turned around myself and drove back along the road the other way, taking pictures of the REALLY private side of WW road (you know, the one with the private drive through Way Woods up to the Presidential Chalet?)...

I'm sure THAT would have sent a tingle up their spine!! (hahahahahahaha)

I'm sure it would have. Now we couldn't have you taking pictures of the Way Corps Chalet and possibly putting together a motif of possibly seeing M@rcia L0mb@rdi and M3l1ss@ G30rge frolicking down the path hand in hand from their little home there as a nice little couple. I mean that might have the making of a nice little old time type of Life magazine journalism piece capturing the current flavor of the cult - like a "what became of the groovy Christians?" piece.

Because the public's right to travel down a county built and owned road surely can't supercede the right of "da ministry not to be blamed".

:unsure:

Back in 1997 I visited an exway friend in Cincinnati. He had a street guide for the entire state of Ohio, can't remember exactly what the booklet was called. So I looked up the New Knoxville area, and all the streets on HQ property (Camping Blvd, R of A Blvd, etc.) that we walked on in tent city were listed as public streets. Weird.

I always wondered why police cruisers seemed to be able to freely drive down those streets during the ROA. TWI had their own security. Why have local cops in there? Don't recall that there was ever an incident during a ROA, but did VP have to allow this to avoid other types of state harassment?

Not long before 1997 I drove down Wierwille Rd. from Shelby Co. Rd. to Hwy 29 just to drive past it. Nobody followed me that I know of, but I read somewhere on here that there was some nosy reporter that was giving twi grief whom LCM called a snot nosed punk. Perhaps that element is why the heightened security.

Back in 1997 I visited an exway friend in Cincinnati. He had a street guide for the entire state of Ohio, can't remember exactly what the booklet was called. So I looked up the New Knoxville area, and all the streets on HQ property (Camping Blvd, R of A Blvd, etc.) that we walked on in tent city were listed as public streets. Weird.

They may be listed but all of the streets on way international property are private and privately maintained. The property is bound by Shelby Road, Southland Road, S.R. 29, and partially by Botkins Road. Wierwille Road runs down the middle of the property and is public.

Twinky, I saw a total of three people on the grounds... didn't recognize any of them.

I passed one car going the other way, and did the "Way World Wave" (for those of you who have lived at HQ and know what that is)

And I got from Shelby county road as far as the edge of the main campgrounds road when the first vehicle pulled out from behind the BRC/housing area and turned towards WW Road. I stopped at the fountain, and again at the billboard, and by then the second vehicle had pulled out from the BRC driveway, between my car and the first tailing vehicle.

Here are the pics I took --- oooooh, scary.

These are actually pretty nice photos. I bet that if you sent them to HQ, they'd use them in promos! :o

:) George

Seeing that pregnant guppy sign almost made me nostalgic for the place. Almost.

I don't quite get that rainbow-y sign though. Is it Dorothy's yellow brick road to the Wizard of Oz on the bottom? Leading upwards toward a rainbow that's oddly dripping over a shielded but flattened earth with a radiant white dove stuck over Alaska? If so, it's Way perfect.

I feel compelled to point out, in the interest of Biblical accuracy, that according to the Gospel records, when the heavens parted asunder and the spirit of God descended like a dove upon Jesus Christ, it does not say that the dove was radiating or even shining. TWI HQ has added to the Word of God. There was a time when TWI would rail against such a thing. My how times have changed.

Well, with all the rainbow gush, the glowing dove, they are covering Acts 2 in review, and given the current years theme I would say they are working real hard to gas up their followers to get off the couch and go witness. Current numbers are quite low. Must be people's believing... :smilie_kool_aid:

Oh -I am not sure biblical accuracy matters as long it's accurate with proven ministry research and of course what's been approved by Rosalie.

• Upvote 1

(snip)

I always wondered why police cruisers seemed to be able to freely drive down those streets during the ROA. TWI had their own security. Why have local cops in there? Don't recall that there was ever an incident during a ROA, but did VP have to allow this to avoid other types of state harassment?

(snip)

Police moving through an area is considered "harassment"?

Ever been to a shopping mall?

Ever been to a convention?

Next time you are, take a look around and say hello to the nice police officers.

It's in their best interests to have officers on hand wherever lots of people are

congregating. If there's trouble, the police are right there. If not, it's a friendly

reminder to avoid trouble- even if there's plenty of private security on hand

and the people are cooperative.

Well, with all the rainbow gush, the glowing dove, they are covering Acts 2 in review, and given the current years theme...:

Question for you - does TWI have a rule that they can only use that specific font on all signage?

Not long before 1997 I drove down Wierwille Rd. from Shelby Co. Rd. to Hwy 29 just to drive past it. Nobody followed me that I know of, but I read somewhere on here that there was some nosy reporter that was giving twi grief whom LCM called a snot nosed punk. Perhaps that element is why the heightened security.

I question what a little insignificant "church" needs security for..

you know. A church in the middle of a cornfield..

reminds me of a movie..

children of the corn

The only reason they probably didn't bother you was because it sounds like you didn't stop to actually look at anything..

Here's what I'm trying to understand.... Supposedly, the top dog of TWI, be it VPW, LCM or RR, "stands in the gap" to protect the household/country/world/whatever :rolleyes: from the evil attacks of "the adversary" but they can't keep one little 2-lane road safe, in the middle of Podunk, Ohio. Huh?? For that matter, if they're really "standing in the gap", why would they even need a security force?

38986938_125x125.jpg

Edited by waysider