GreaseSpot Cafe

This just in......

OldSkool

I think it's nice that they have put a figure to represent every remaining Way fellowship.

Psalm 133:1 - Behold how good and how pleasant it is for bretheren to dwell together in unity.

I think this used to be the theme verse for way homes.

It still was when I was at HQ. They would use the verse in the context of living on staff with others and as motivation for putting down the toilet seat, etc.

Psalm 133:1 - Behold how good and how pleasant it is for bretheren to dwell together in unity.

I think this used to be the theme verse for way homes.

I tend to doubt the scriptures meant being unified around the things TWI rallies around to live together in "unity". TWI's idea of "brethren" is fairly unique as well....and I sure can't see any pleasantness in how they define it....or how they define much of anything.

Thanks for posting that Old Skool it is always interesting to see what the old cult is up to these days.

Edited by geisha779

Ephesians reveals the greatness of God’s purpose and will for every believer, the rights and privileges every believer has been given in Christ, and how the believers are to dwell together with one another as a result of what each has been given.

I dunno, I am no biblical scholar, or research student for that matter but it sure seems they are saying Ephesians will tell us how the believers are to dwell together with one another. Sounds exclusive, eh? :smilie_kool_aid:

Maybe there's a reason why one of the 15 songs of degrees in the book of Psalms would be invoked, I dunno. Why the opening stanza of a song that celebrated the astonishing assembly of all 12 tribes of Israel to celebrate the Passover at Jerusalem during the reign of King David would be linked to an image of blue and green people, jumping up and down on a Bible opened to the book of Ephesians while the Bible is suspended perilously over a pool of water..., well,... it is for minds far greater than mine to decipher. Apparently, the spiritual brain trust in the cornfield figured it out.

Or maybe it came from the scholars on faculty of the Way College of Emporia. Oh wait...

I dunno. I think it would just be another banner or poster to sell..

Silly squirrel! This poster represents the focal point of learning that the spiritual overseers for the world have decided that we need. How can you say just another poster.... :biglaugh:

Living The Word's Way.

The Word's Way

That's Volume #3 of Studies in Abundant Living for anyone that's interested.

It's the one that has the chapters on "4 crucified" and "the cry of triumph", two pieces of so-called "research" that have proven to be "erroneous, wrongly divided and inaccurate" (as they might say in Way circles.) So, this, then, is what they plan to use as a basis for dwelling together in unity? ....The wise man built his house upon the rock.

....The wise man built his house upon the rock.

...and twi built their house on deceit, using people and "supposing gain was godliness"...

Of course "Dwelling together" is the perfect theme for them this year...Didn't Richard Dahmer "dwell" with his victims before he ate them?...First lure them in, then sink their fangs into their necks, draining them of their life and vitality.

I think it's nice that they have put a figure to represent every remaining Way fellowship.

I'm not sure its a figure for every remaining fellowship...I think it may be a figure for every

person remaining. If not, it may be for everyone at the head table at HQ. :rolleyes:

I did wonder, Patriot, if it was a figure for everyone remaining.

I decided to take a charitably kind view that they might be a little bigger than that. So every fellowship.

Could be every country they're supposedly active in... like one deluded believer.

Or each State they're supposedly active in... maybe likewise?

Are the figures holding up their hands in surrender? Because anyone who held up "holy hands" in praise, in a service, would be well out of line.

I decided to take a charitably kind view that they might be a little bigger than that. So every fellowship.

Could be every country they're supposedly active in... like one deluded believer.

While I wish that were the case.. They still have over a 1000 deluded folks.

This last summer, about 50 attended their Adv. Class.. Yes, that's right.. Only around 50. And just so it didn't look so pathetic, they had it at Gunnison where everyone fit perfectly into that small auditorium there.. And just like last year, mostly teens and tweens.

The numbers are dropping.. So, maybe a year or two you might be right.. One for every fellowship..

Living The Word's Way.

The Word's Way

That's Volume #3 of Studies in Abundant Living for anyone that's interested.

It's the one that has the chapters on "4 crucified" and "the cry of triumph", two pieces of so-called "research" that have proven to be "erroneous, wrongly divided and inaccurate" (as they might say in Way circles.) So, this, then, is what they plan to use as a basis for dwelling together in unity? ....The wise man built his house upon the rock.

At least they are partially honest.. They could have just out and out lied and say they are living God's way. But they are a smart one, they are, that way they are not liable for those who misunderstood what they are really saying so clearly. It's TWI's way.. TWI's words. Most people have woken up to that truth by now.

I dunno, seems like the same ole' drivel. Comments? :smilie_kool_aid:

Well, from a positive perspective I'm thankful they are sticking with their level of artistic talent and doing stick figures rather than the "Return to the Planet of the Apes" people they used to do. :biglaugh:

Oh, and it does beg one question. Does this mean Donna's moving in with Rosie?

Edited by chockfull

I'm wondering if a twier vacations for a week in another country...do they count that country too? :biglaugh: