GreaseSpot Cafe

OCCUPY TWI

JavaJane

Occupy TWI with a phone call.

Every couple of months I like to call them and ask questions. ex. When's the next ROA? How come you don't have a phone number on your web-site? What's your e-mail address? Can I please speak to L. Craig Martindale (or fill in the blank). It's one of my guilty pleasures!

I have much better things to do with my time.

Go to the pub.

Read a non-TWI book.

Hang out with non-TWI friends.

Smell the roses.

Enjoy life.

Flooding TWI with phone calls would be a kick...or sending a mass mailing of snail mail to every employee who works there, if we could get their names and addresses. OR perhaps an article sent to the St. Mary's Evening Leader would be appropriate...mmm...you guys are giving me ideas...shame on you! :rolleyes:

Edited by penworks

We could drive 'em crazier than they already are, by arriving in small numbers in private cars and driving around and around on the public roads. If not breaking speed limits, thre's nothing they could do. Legally.

Imagine... a couple of hundred cars - 800 cars - more! - driving up and down Weirwille Road. A little while before SNS starts - they might think they'd hit boom time and suddenly gained in popularity.

Heh heh ... leave it to you guys ... as I live overseas, a quick trip to Ohio doesn't feature prominently (or at all, actually) in my travel plans for the next 50 years.

move the Wall Street protesters to Wierwille Road :biglaugh:

mmmm....well....I double dog dare ya! :biglaugh:

Last Monday I submitted a letter to the editor at the St. Mary's Evening Leader newspaper online. The problem is it was only ONE letter. How about YOU send one, too?

If anyone wants to joint the write-in Occupy TWI movement, you can. Just go to their site, fill out the form for submission of letters to the editor, and click SUBMIT. The more letters they receive the more attention they'll give to the matter.Well...maybe...Who knows. Maybe they'll even publish one.

St. Mary's Evening Leader newspaper

Good luck.

Cheers!

Pen

letters to the editor lol

a column something like one that was done by that german buried in the water on wierwille road -- is that where he is?

i remember

it could be called by the way NOT

was it called by the way?

Yes, it was called By The Way. I still have some of the reprints. VPW did not write them, but probably came up with the general ideas. The articles were written by a Corps grad woman, Al*lison He#ney, a writer who worked on the Way Magazine, too. Her brother was in the 2nd Corps with me.

Back some years ago when Mrs. Wierwille died, I drove up to Ohio, stayed in a motel, drove along State Highway 29, into new Knoxville, drove down Shelby County Road ,was followed by TWI's security until I turned on to Botkins road to New Bremen, turned and went to Minster, and headed back to motel near St. Mary's. I didn't dare go down Wierwille Road, think someone took my suggestion on here back a couple years ago and put up gate houses on both ends of the road. Stupidly shelby County board of Commissiners agreed to make it private drive. :confused::smilie_kool_aid:

Don't see any gatehouses on Google maps (photos taken about 2009) - have they got the staff to actually man a gatehouse (let alone more than one)?

"Everyone's welcome at the Way" - but it's a gated community? :confused:

Imagine... a pair of double gates either end...in the shape of enormous arms ... flung (and kept) wide open in welcome. To signify that we are all always welcome in God's presence.

Kinda like this:

post-1745-077990300 1319287880_thumb.jpg

I left HQ in 2008 and, at the time, Wierwille Road still belonged to the township. There were no guard towers anywhere at HQ. That's not to say the so called "Safety Department" will not follow innocent people as they travel a public road. Now, Camp Gunnison has a "gatehouse" and in reality it is a guard house. So it's not like the way international has not been known to man a guard house or two.

The way international would love to own all of the properties that border their property and also control Wierwille Road. The locals will have none of it though. I posted some google maps pics here sometime ago.

I left HQ in 2008 and, at the time, Wierwille Road still belonged to the township. There were no guard towers anywhere at HQ. That's not to say the so called "Safety Department" will not follow innocent people as they travel a public road. Now, Camp Gunnison has a "gatehouse" and in reality it is a guard house. So it's not like the way international has not been known to man a guard house or two.

The way international would love to own all of the properties that border their property and also control Wierwille Road. The locals will have none of it though. I posted some google maps pics here sometime ago.

http://www.greasespo...l-headquarters/

Okay, so you double-dog dared me. Have you sent in your letter to the editor yet? (See my post above.)

I called "the way" today and asked them if the movie that's out called "The Way" is about "the way". "Not that I'm aware of" was the answer. Think she would know if it was? I'm surprised "the way" doesn't have a lawsuit pending; or maybe they do!

I'm looking forward to seeing that movie (about el camino to Santiago de Compostela/Jakobsweg/St. James' way etc) , was recently talking to someone who walked from France on the pilgrim way west and said it changed his life. Think I'd like to do part myself. There's something about being outside and moving that lets conversation ebb and flow easily, and apparently there's lots of welcome and help along the way. People of diverse ages and beliefs do it. Think those ways have been around a loooong time.

Yes, it was called By The Way. I still have some of the reprints. VPW did not write them, but probably came up with the general ideas. The articles were written by a Corps grad woman, Al*lison He#ney, a writer who worked on the Way Magazine, too. Her brother was in the 2nd Corps with me.

WHAT a SHOCKER lol thanks penworks :)

--

what's this movie about the way?

WHAT a SHOCKER lol thanks penworks :)

--

what's this movie about the way?

As far as I remember from what I read, it's a movie with Martin Sheen, made (directed?) by his son Emilio, about a father whose son dies on the walk and who decides to finish it off himself on the son's behalf.