GreaseSpot Cafe

Legally smoking Pot in public.

OnionEater

There are plenty of places where no smoking is permitted....even outside so I'm afeared that these individuals will be congregating beyond closed doors anyway. In my area, most areas on sidewalks t'is verboten....also in public parks and beaches.....and then there are the public inside pllaces......

However, I do agree about legalizing most drugs. Legalize 'em,,,tax 'em and we have no more money problems! :)

@soul searcher

Those individuals who use medical marijuana need a pot which is standardized so they get what they need. This is not like aspirin where each pill is standard....2 pills and call you in the morning. If Medical marijuana was discontinued, I doubt these individuals would consistently get their required amount. Please don't forget that many who use it, use the active THC (?) I think that's wright....could be other letters I'm reall tired. That material is mixed in various things, butter, cookies, brownies and other things.

@soul searcher

Those individuals who use medical marijuana need a pot which is standardized so they get what they need. This is not like aspirin where each pill is standard....2 pills and call you in the morning. If Medical marijuana was discontinued, I doubt these individuals would consistently get their required amount. Please don't forget that many who use it, use the active THC (?) I think that's wright....could be other letters I'm reall tired. That material is mixed in various things, butter, cookies, brownies and other things.

Good points. They should provide the option of taking THC in pill form.

I've been curious -- how good is that medical marijuana? Is it better than the stuff I smoke (which is pretty damn good)? :spy:

The THC in pot isn't the chemical that helps the most. The idea is not to get high but to reduce pain. Today there are designer marijuana strains that are very potent and one needs only a small amount.

The gathering in Augusta had a tent with a couple of vaporizers to use. Vaporizers and edibles along with tinctures are the most prescribed by doctors.

I was there.

The majority of people there were over 40.

I didn't see any glassy eyes and no one appeared stoned.

A few old hippies were around but most were well dressed and business like.

This was a medical event not a pot party.

It was sort of like drinking beer at a beer tent at the county fair, LEGAL.

Regarding pot and nausea, I learned first-hand in high school how well pot works in alleviating it. One day I was sick as a dog -- it must have been a stomach virus or something. All morning long I thought I was going to have to get up in the middle of class and run to the bathroom to vomit.

At lunchtime a friend said, "Let's smoke a joint." I was hesitant because I felt so lousy but after a few tokes the nausea disappeared completely. It was a beautiful thing. :biglaugh: