GreaseSpot Cafe

Most Fiery Confrontations Leveled at Dissenting Leadership

skyrider

During my 24-year twi involvement.....The most fiery, sustained confrontations from wierwille and martindale were leveled at dissenting leadership. Nothing else comparable to it! The most divisive, vicious, vein-popping, profanity-spewing and sustained-intensity periods of 'hatred' were unloaded in closed-corps meetings!! Three of such verbal attacks from wierwille are still vivid in my mind to this day.....and its been 30 years ago. Yet, with martindale's confrontations......I can think of some eight to ten over-the-top rantings during long-distant corps meetings via telephone hook-up locations!

All those "grandpa" images of wierwille were shattered!

All that "you're the best" one-liners was cheap-speak!

All that "spirit is thicker than blood" was a joke!

These fiery confrontations were delivered with vehement anger that, several times, lasted 15-20, minutes!!! If you were on the receiving end of one of these....it would seem like an eternity. A couple of times I received "mini-confrontations" and it was perplexingly ugly.

Why all the huffing and puffing....and trying to blow my house down? Why the verbal strip-search? In what deep abyss does this venom and evil-fire reside?

Yes, Jesus addressed major confrontation in Matthew 15 [TO the Pharisees].....but where in the Scriptures does Jesus verbally assault his men, his disciples? Even Judas, the sop was given. Anger? Venom? Where is it? What about the Apostle Paul?

If someone can point me to those scriptures, I would like to see them.

If someone can show me wierwille's fiery anger was justified.....I will consider.

But until then, I contend that wierwille's confrontations were masking a taskmaster.

Same with martindale (and Rosie).....the evil makings of two-fold their corpsmaster.

What's the objective of these fiery confrontations for others to see?

DON'T YOU DARE THINK OF DISSENTING...

DON'T YOU DARE CHALLENGE MY AUTHORITY...

DON'T YOU DARE MURMUR OR DISPUTE MY RESEARCH...

If you want to "take me on"........then, wierwille will shred you to pieces. Textbook character assassination is awaiting all those who dissent or assemble an insurrection. The trustees will NOT allow it. The security patrol have eyes and ears everywhere. Even if you conspire off-grounds, when you're on twi property they are WATCHING you. They know the beginning signs of dissent are manifested in thoughts, words and then, actions!!

There are reasons why nearly 475 clergy are NO LONGER WITH TWI.

Cowering thru life is --- NO WAY TO LIVE.

:evildenk:

When did you ever see wierwille exhibit 15-20 minutes of sustained, vehement anger and disgust for anything or anyone

BESIDES dissenting corps leadership?

Church leaders?

Devil spirits?

Drunks, Adulterers?

Illuminati, Witches?

Seriously......I cannot recall ANY SUSTAINED ANGER INCIDENT that eclipsed wierwille's utter viciousness towards exiting

corps and clergy. Of course, generally only small segments of corps were privy to these outbursts. Except one major

confrontation happened in the OSC dining room at a corps night meeting in 1981.

Cowering thru life is......NO LIFE AT ALL.

I think it is part of the process of assuming summary judgement over people's lives. vp's grandkid's justification was "well ham, we have to be able to keep the TROOPS in line.."

same mentality.. I wonder how many scream-fests the followers have been subjected to so far..

I think it is part of the process of assuming summary judgement over people's lives. vp's grandkid's justification

was "well ham, we have to be able to keep the TROOPS in line.."

Well.....the cynical side of me thinks that Slick Vic had a few tricks up his sleeve and came to the card game

with a loaded deck.

1) Wierwille grabbed that 'pfal class' in Calgary, Alberta and made a mad dash home to teach it (1953).

2) Then, Wierwille bailed on his Van Wert church after an 8th month itinerary on their payroll (1957).

Wierwille KNEW when to hold 'em (corps leaders)

...........and when to fold 'em (kick their a$$ out).

1) Wierwille grabbed that 'pfal class' in Calgary, Alberta and made a mad dash home to teach it (1953).

2) Then, Wierwille bailed on his Van Wert church after an 8th month itinerary on their payroll (1957).

Then what..

the early sixties netted a few idealistic marks from Haight-Ashbury, San Francisco..

then what.

How many "elders" from the fifties were put in the discard pile?

interesting.. people dealt and played like cards..

can't you just feel the love..

Say it ain't so?

2Kings 21:6 And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke [him] to anger.

what scares me.. well, maybe it doesn't.

don't dare question, malign or otherwise what is the word..

can't think of it..

oh.. yes. don't incriminate gramps..

else you will be fiery confronted..

I am damned lucky here. I am just barely far enough out of the loop that any kind of threats hold no tangible significance..

no offshoot loyalty.. nothing. But I was.. Invited.

Gramps invited me.

along with a few hundred thousand others..

I never moved too far up the leadership ladder...twig leader, twig area coordinator, class instructor. So, my memories of confrontations (and there were many) weren't usually related to any leadership position I held. My most fiery confrontations, instead, came as a mere participant of the FellowLaborer program and had lots to do with dissent. One such confrontation came as a result of choosing to spend some private time with my new bride instead of cleaning our FellowLaborer "house". Oh, the shame of it. Imagine my selfishness...wanting to spend time with my wife instead of cleaning the toilet. I hope some day I'll be forgiven.

Edited by waysider

Yeah Sky. Yeah.

It was the beginning of the end for me. For all of VP's tearful "at the Way we love people and use things" rhetoric at classes and ROA, it became obvious that A) VPW most assuredly "used people" and B) had no qualms lying about it.

Edited by Jim

Yeah Sky. Yeah.

It was the beginning of the end for me. For all of VP's tearful "at the Way we love people and use things" rhetoric at classes and ROA, it became obvious that A) VPW most assuredly "used people" and B) Had no qualms about lying about it.

Jeaua.. how ro you APPLY THE