GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

"Kojak" Interestingly, his ability always to find a parking space exactly where he needed to be became an idiom: "kojaking" a parking space.

Moishe, Lawrence, Shmuel, and Jerry

George

Ok, let's see.

4 Jewish names. One is Lawrence- or "Larry" for short.

If I trimmed "Moishe" down, I might get "Moe".

"Shmuel" might be changed to "Shep".

So, I might have Moe, Larry, Shep, and Shep's replacement(s), Curly.

That would make any 3 of them "THE THREE STOOGES."

Correct, except it's "Shemp," not "Shep." (In fact, "Shep" might be a clue to another show...)

I forget what show I watched recently, maybe "Psych," where a hospital page announcement called for "Dr. Fine, Dr. Besser, Dr. DeRita" instead of the old Stooges line "Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard." A cute in-joke with a wink to Curly's replacements, Joe Besser and "Curly Joe" DeRita. But I digress.

You're up!

George

"The Munsters"?

George

It was "The Munsters."

Grandpa made the car after Herman lost the family car in a street race,

to race and win the family car back.

It was Grandpa's coffin, of course.

If you watch the Rob Zombie video, you'll see a copy of the family car in it.

Your turn.

This one was in syndication about a decade ago, so it may not be that well-known. I liked it, though!

Capt. Dylan Hunt resurrects the Systems Commonwealth with the help of the smokin' hot avatar of his spaceship and a bunch of mercenaries, including a Nietzschean and a Magog.

George

That's correct, but I wonder how you guessed that. If you had seen the show, it wouldn't have been a "stab in the dark."

Incidentally, one of my favorite TV lines comes from the show, when Capt. Hunt has to confront his one-time ally, the Nietzschean, Tyr Anasazi, who is trying to become all-powerful. Says Tyr, "At the end of the universe, there will only be three things: the cockroaches, Tyr Ansazi, and Dylan Hunt, desperately trying to save the cockroaches!" :lol:

George

You surmise correctly, I haven't seen the show. However, I have seen commercials and a friend of mine was into sci-fi,

so I searched my memory and that's the only, and I mean only, thing I could come up with. So, I went for it,

and never expected to have guessed correctly.

Or maybe, I'm just psychic. :evildenk:

New one:

Come on now and meet everybody and hear us singing

:lol: Hannibal's reply usually was, "Just drink your milk, B.A." You would think that even Sgt. Baracus would eventually figure out his milk was drugged!

George

A few times, he worked it out.

Once, he threw away the milk, and just ate his sandwich. And passed out because the SANDWICH was drugged.

Another time, he insisted Murdock swap glasses with him. They both drank, and Murdock fell down.

BA laughed about it, then collapsed. Murdock just got up at that point.

And one time he wasn't drugged- they hypnotized him.