GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

that's so easy I don't want to answer -I'll have to come up with a new one. ok-it's of course Batman-but it may take a day before I come up with a new one

Batman, of course, is correct.

Interestingly, the movie (often quoted in these threads) was intended to premiere the show, in the summer of 1966. But instead of airing the show in the fall of 1966, ABC began airing it in January. The movie, then, was essentially a continuation of the show.

I'm sure we can wait a day or two for Hiway... :)

George

ok another oddball one season wonder from the mid 60's. a family opens a broken down dude ranch in new mexico-I can't recall the parents, but I remember an annoying kid named Flip Mark, and an out of context Indian played by J Carroll Nash-who doesn't sound native american to me. I mainly tuned in cause I liked the catchy theme song-not an unusual reason back then.

OK. Here's something: I'll try to break down some trivia and give some clues about this TV series.

This series had an A-list Hollywood actor in it. Early 60's. The actor thought his prospects were drying up so he took on the TV show.

When the series started becoming a hit, he became more noticed and started getting movie roles. One of them launched his film career but in order to do that film, he had to fake a car accident which presummedly had left him with muscle pulls, cuts and bruises, so he could get out of filming the TV series.

In 1986, Rutger Hauer played a bounty hunter and was supposedly a descendant of the character from the 60's TV series in a major motion picture of the same name.

The role of the character from this TV show was introduced an an episode of the 1957 Western series, Trackdown, which starred Robert Culp as a Texas Ranger.

More clues to follow if necessary. thinking.gif

Edited by Human without the bean

has to be Bachelor Father. I'll guess that Linda played a friend of Noreen Corcoran, Kelly, as she'd have been too young for John Forsythe then. Noreen was also Kevin Corcoran's sister-who was Moochie and a hundred other kids in Disney films.

Edited by hiway29

The problem with one-season wonders is that they were easy to miss. I don't remember Imogene in anything other than "It's About Time."

George

That's why, when I want to do one-season wonders,

I make them multiple-choice.

I present clues for 3 different obscure shows, separated A, B, C,

and if someone can recognize ONE, they get the round.

It's possible to answer that way, and I get to ask about really obscure shows.

It was unclear whether hiway was giving a free post or planning to post another clue. At this point, I'll assume the former.

This show was a spinoff of another TV show, which was based on a popular movie. A court actually later decided that the show was NOT a spinoff of the other show but WAS a spinoff of the movie. :wacko: The star of the show was not the actor who played the character in the other show or movie.

George