GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

This was part of a scavenger hunt in a "Big Bang Theory" episode.

Jan Arrah is Element Lad in the Legion of Super-Heroes. The number of He is 2 (atomic number of Helium). I think the clue sends the gang to the comic store. (The episode reruns tonight.)

George

You have the show correct.

I was disappointed that the clue was never displayed, since the spelling and

capitalization made a huge difference in unraveling the clue.

"Riddle me this, Arrah, Arrah, and gather round.

The work of this hero is Legion-bound.

He multiplies N by the number of He,

and in this room the Thing you'll see."

Jan Arrah is ELEMENT Lad of the Legion of Super-Heroes.

The atomic number of N (Nitrogen) multiplied by the Atomic Number of He (Helium)

gives us (7x2) 14, the Atomic Number of Silicon.

"The Thing" is a superhero who appears made of rock. The main elemental component of

rock is commonly Silicon. The clue did not take them TO the comic book store.

It took them FROM the comic book store's Riddler display to the next location,

at the umiversity.

This show originally aired from 1952 to 1958. The first two seasons were shot in black and white; the rest were in color. They were all AIRED in B&W, however, until syndicated to local stations in 1965. (I know it's an early show, filmed for the most part before I was born. But I'm almost certain that everyone playing this game has seen it in reruns.)

George

there are really no other clues. I didn't think a Sally Field show would be that obscure, but I guess I did it again. the show was 'The Girl With Something Extra', Sally is married to John Davidson and has some kind of supernatural power, but it's nothing like Bewitched. I couldn't say or tell just what the power was-it was real murky, which may be a reason the show bombed.Some one else go so I don't derail the game again.

(Two different shows-answer either to take the round.)

What I really want is a television show about fixing up taverns and drinking establishments that are

in danger of closing down.

Really? Ok, you'll want to tune in to this one...

No, I'd actually prefer one where eating establishments are fixed by finding out what the

waitstaff's really doing when the owner's not there, via hidden cams.

Really? Then I have a different show for you...

Don't know about the new (unless your talking about Drew Carey) but it's the old Price is Right that Bob Barker would repeat that quote whenever the range finder game was played. Apparently, DC doesn't use the line whenever he plays the game.

Yes then, that's right WW. BTW, thanks for checking in. I was about ready to post small talk with myself and then, wait to see if I would answer.

Don't know about the new (unless your talking about Drew Carey) but it's the old Price is Right that Bob Barker would repeat that quote whenever the range finder game was played. Apparently, DC doesn't use the line whenever he plays the game.

Yes then, that's right WW. BTW, thanks for checking in. I was about ready to post small talk with myself and then, wait to see if I would answer.

At some point, I'm confident I've heard Barker use the line.

After I posted, I realized I probably had it reversed and it was the OLD Price is Right.