GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

I know the Eli Wallach and Otto Preminger played "Mr. Freeze" in "Batman." I don't know who George Sanders is, but I suspect he did, too.

And let's not forget Julie Newmar/Eartha Kitt and Frank Gorshin/John Astin.

George

Preminger replaces Sanders, Wallach replaced Preminger.

The difference between Wallach and Preminger was obvious,

as was Gorshin to Astin and Newmar to Kitt.

Even as a small child, that bothered me.

No reference it was "a new Riddler" or anything, a successor or anything.

"The Time Tunnel' a show I always wanted to be better than it was. I later learned that Irwin Allen didn't want strong interesting characters, or sophisticated looks through time. "This is a run and jump show" , which pretty much explains the problem with most Irwin Allen shows.

"The Time Tunnel' a show I always wanted to be better than it was. I later learned that Irwin Allen didn't want strong interesting characters, or sophisticated looks through time. "This is a run and jump show" , which pretty much explains the problem with most Irwin Allen shows.

There WERE a couple of good episodes (Tony meeting himself as a kid at Pearl Harbor...) I think the main attraction, though, was Lee Meriwether.

I bet you can come up with another show (with only about six decades to choose from). ;)

George

"Barnaby Jones"

I remember that they were going to do a Beverly Hillbillies reunion special, years ago. The basic plot was celebrating Granny's 100th birthday (or something), but Jed had been gone for a long time, so they'd hire Barnaby Jones to find him. ;) The reason it didn't come off was that Irene Ryan had already passed away. :(

I think we're out of Lee Meriwether links. Here's something else:

A Playboy Playmate (in real life) stars as a hot dog stand girl who saves a celebrity and winds up being the figurehead for a real bodyguard service.

George

"V.I.P." (Valery Irons Protection) Close enough.

For someone who didn't watch, you got the women's names as well as I would have! ;)/>

George

So that's where the name Valery Irons comes from.

The band "Lit" did a song, "Miserable", and the video featured PA,

and said she was playing Valery Irons in the video.

I remember confusing Natalie Raitano with Bonnie something, some athlete or whatever,

at the time, and trying not to consistently make that mistake.

"Can you feel that?"

"Who ordered this?"

"It's a magical place."

Jasper Sitwell, the years have NOT been kind to you. I remember you as a young, blonde man

with an advanced vocabulary and hornrim glasses who was nevertheless somewhat athletic.

Now you're older, still have the glasses, but you're completely bald and your vocabulary

is average. You also appear to be Latino, what's up with that?

But I totally approved of you getting tasered.

"Can you feel that?"

"Who ordered this?"

"It's a magical place."

Jasper Sitwell, the years have NOT been kind to you. I remember you as a young, blonde man

with an advanced vocabulary and hornrim glasses who was nevertheless somewhat athletic.

Now you're older, still have the glasses, but you're completely bald and your vocabulary

Dr Franklin Hall and student Donny Gill both ended up in custody, Hall with some sort

of connection to gravity, and Gill with some sort of connection to cold?

Dangerous planet to be a scientist, this Earth....

" Don't touch Lola."

"And he calls it a girl's name."

"Lola's not just a collectible, you know. People tend to confuse the words "new" and "improved." "

"I would have been very happy not to clear you, Phil. I'd love for you to rest up some more."

"I've had plenty of that. Thanks."

"You sure?"

"You should go sometime."

"Where?"

"Tahiti. It's a magical place."

"Three days in, I'd be begging for an assignment."

"Exactly."

"Can you feel that?"

"Who ordered this?"

"It's a magical place."

Dr Franklin Hall and student Donny Gill both ended up in custody, Hall with some sort

Yes.

Phil Coulson owns a Stark flying car, which he named "Lola."

Savvy fans identified it when it was introduced.

" Don't touch Lola."

"And he calls it a girl's name."

"Lola's not just a collectible, you know. People tend to confuse the words "new" and "improved." "

Phil thought he'd recuperated in Tahiti, and every single time Tahiti was brought up,

he said "It's a magical place."

"I would have been very happy not to clear you, Phil. I'd love for you to rest up some more."

"I've had plenty of that. Thanks."

"You sure?"

"You should go sometime."

"Where?"

"Tahiti. It's a magical place."

"Three days in, I'd be begging for an assignment."

"Exactly."

Phil's memories of what actually happened included these 2 lines- which were incorporated

into the implanted memory of Tahiti.

"Can you feel that?"

"Who ordered this?"

"It's a magical place."

The character Jasper Sitwell was once the SHIELD liaison to Tony Stark, in the comics.

In the movie continuity, he's a lot different.

Franklin Hall- Graviton.

Donny Gill- the second wearer of the Blizzard suit.

(I'm pretty sure Mrs Wolf would have gotten this round from "It's a magical place." )