GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

Rowlph wasn't the first Muppet, but he was the first famous one. The Muppets had been around for some time. Henson had a popular local show, and did lots of commercials with them before Rowlph.

I'm pretty sure I can get your next clue but am too busy to think right now.

Edited by hiway29

an interesting fact-Bobby Sherman's character had a severe stutter in the early episodes of Here Come the Brides. When he quickly became the latest teen heart throb, they had to remedy that, and built an entire episode out of him losing his stutter.

How did it happen Hiway? Was it some kind of tongue twister he pronounced to untie his stutter? A miracle maybe?

George I haven't come up with anything yet for your clue.

I don't recall all the details-what I do remember is Bobby Sherman's character -Jeremy?- felt unworthy to be in love with the girl who's name I forget. She told him it didn't matter,but he found some combo of self esteem psycho something-and I think a speech instructor to 'cure' him. He then became all full of himself , hitting on all the 'brides', causing his girlfriend to dump him. I do recall an emotional scene in a rainstorm-he and the girl are caught in a bad storm, and she finds his stutter has returned after she dumped him. He became humble again, they got back together, and the stutter was a thing of the past, as his photo hit the covers of all the teen mags. Haven't seen the episode since it first aired-that's the best I can do.

No 2 of those had the same name, so this couldn't be the shows in question.

2 of the correct ones have exactly the same name.

The shows in question are NOT reality shows about cars, they are entertainment shows.

(The idea is they're written and filmed to entertain, anyway.

I know the first one was entertaining to me for at least a few seasons.)

There were two "Knight Rider"s, but I can't think of another show with a similar name.

George

Perhaps you blinked and missed "TEAM KNIGHT RIDER."

That ran 1997-1998.

I liked the concept, but they never aired it when it was convenient for me to watch it,

so I don't know why it never found an audience.

Other than William Christopher (MASH series' Father Mulcahy) and George Lazenby

(James Bond for 1 movie), I don't recognize the names of anybody who was in any episode.

But you had the right show(s).