GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

I didn't remember Reagan, but I still have a mind picture of the 20-mule team, which sort of reminds me of Death Valley.

One TV series ended with an episode where the star wakes up in bed with his "wife" from a previous series, implying that the whole later series was a dream. I believe that this stunt was also repeated on a recently-ended show, but in a joke trailer, not part of the actual series.

Name the older show and the series to which it "returned." If you can do so with the newer show, give the same info.

George

Well I can name the first part because IT WAS DONE ON PAGE 25! HA HA HA HA!! IT'S NOT CHEATING TO READ THROUGH OLD THREADS! HA HA HA HA! :biglaugh:/>:biglaugh:/>:biglaugh:/>

I'm amused easily I know. So the old show was The Bob Newhart show and the show where is is waking up with his wife from the Bob Newhart show is Newhart. But I'm confused as to the second part of your question. "If you can do so with the newer show give the same info" Well, I'm not sure what that means, but you made it sound like it was not mandatory to do so?

Well I can name the first part because IT WAS DONE ON PAGE 25! HA HA HA HA!! IT'S NOT CHEATING TO READ THROUGH OLD THREADS! HA HA HA HA! :biglaugh:/>/>:biglaugh:/>/>:biglaugh:/>/>

I'm amused easily I know. So the old show was The Bob Newhart show and the show where is is waking up with his wife from the Bob Newhart show is Newhart. But I'm confused as to the second part of your question. "If you can do so with the newer show give the same info" Well, I'm not sure what that means, but you made it sound like it was not mandatory to do so?

Rottie, you didn't need to give the other show. As I understand it (I have not seen this), Bryan Cranston from "Breaking Bad," wakes up with Jane Kaczmarek from "Malcolm in the Middle," saying he had a dream about being a drug lord...

George

OK. Here is a quote from this deadpan comedies' beleaguered "heroine."

" I must have been born under an unlucky star. You know I have filled out entry blanks for every single drawing in the supermarket for the last twelve years, and the only thing I ever won was a coupon for a small little jar of tomato paste. But they were out of tomato paste, and by the time they got more in, my coupon had expired. And now I have venereal disease."

Edited by RottieGrrrl

Well NOBODY GUESSED! I thought you had to have at least one guess!

If someone makes a guess (incorrectly) OR if enough time passes (a day or two), I add another clue. There are really no "rules" in that regard.

Okay, this show created a top 10 country hit in the real world, as it did for her character on this show, at the same time.

"Reba"?

George

My "rule of thumb" is to try to update once a day, or twice at most.

If I update faster, I feel like I'm penalizing posters who don't stay glued

to the site. If I update slower, I feel like I'm stalling a thread.

Generally. That's not a rule, it's really a convention at most.

For now I'm thinking George is right.

My "rule of thumb" is to try to update once a day, or twice at most.

If I update faster, I feel like I'm penalizing posters who don't stay glued

to the site. If I update slower, I feel like I'm stalling a thread.

Generally. That's not a rule, it's really a convention at most.

For now I'm thinking George is right.

Okie Dokie!

It's NOT Reba. Good guess!

This was before Reba. Cutting edge for it's time. And the main "heroine" of the show was not the one with the country hit. It was one of the other characters. The show's title was the eponymous character's name. With no live audience, and no laugh track.

Edited by RottieGrrrl

I'm basing my Mary Hartman guess on the clue that the star had a meltdown, and another character was a country singer. I just don't recall a hit song from the show, or if Louise Lasser ever melted down on national TV-she melted everywhere else

I'm basing my Mary Hartman guess on the clue that the star had a meltdown, and another character was a country singer. I just don't recall a hit song from the show, or if Louise Lasser ever melted down on national TV-she melted everywhere else

LOL hiway! You got it! The hit song was "Baby Boy" by Mary Kay Place, who played Loretta Haggers on the show. Loretta had her hit the same time Mary Kay Place had her hit on the radio, same song. It was being played all over the radio, lol.

And Louise Lasser melted down in the opening of SNL, which she was hosting. You can still see it on YouTube, but it's rather hard to watch.

YOUR TURN!

Edited by RottieGrrrl

Interesting. I don't remember Dick Clark on "Where the Action Is," at all. I only remember it for Paul Revere and the Raiders.

Anyway,

Everyone knows that "Frasier" spun off from "Cheers." What other, not NEARLY so successful show was also a spin-off from "Cheers"?

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

Interesting. I don't remember Dick Clark on "Where the Action Is," at all. I only remember it for Paul Revere and the Raiders.

Anyway,

Everyone knows that "Frasier" spun off from "Cheers." What other, not NEARLY so successful show was also a spin-off from "Cheers"?

George

Geez, I'm wishing my mother were here, she would know. I was thinking it had to be with Ted Dansen, but no, he had Becker, but that wasn't a spin off, and it was fairly successful. Doesn't come to me yet.

Since this show was rather short-lived, I'll be more specific. It was based on one of the female "Cheers" cast, though she didn't actually appear in the spin-off.

George