GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

Yeah that's seems right. I thought George Wendt [Norm] and John Ratzenberger [Cliff] did something. But after checking wiki out I found nothing.

Almost nobody watched the Tortellis. I think some of us would have

tuned in for Norm and Cliff at least for a little just because

we liked Norm and Cliff.

• Upvote 1

ok another clue-the host was and is into controlling the pet population-and the show in question is not the last game show he hosted, but one he did for many years beforehand.

Alan Ladd (betty white's husband? If that's his name?) and Password. I know Betty was a big animal activist.

it is Bob Barker, and he did the show before Price is Right for MANY years. It began on radio without him, but ran on TV at least in the 60's and 70's. It wasn't exactly a 'game' show, though that would be the category to classify it. I know it was still going in the early 70's and I know most everyone here is old enough to have been there, so it's not obscure.

Good job George! And I thought For Sure I had it right!

I would have got it too, had I not missed the clue. I actually was thinking "TPIR", but I didn't think that Bob went back that far, even though he's in his 80's now.

FYI, I still haven't gotten Barker's EARLIER show, which is the subject of this.

Could it be "Queen for a Day"?

George

ok-if no one knows it by now-I don't know any clues that would help. It was 'Truth or Consequences' hosted by Bob Barker for a loong time. The premise of the show when it started in radio was that if the contestant didn't answer a question truthfully, they would have to face a 'consequence', which was usually some kind of stunt. By the 60's on TV, it was more anything goes,with wacky stunts, and a lot of women being surprised by their husbands who were stationed far away in the military, but brought in to reunite with each other.

I guess I'll go.

This cartoon show featured two main heroes. It also had a guest hero each week, and a mystery clue for you to guess who next week's guest star would be.

This is probably too easy (at least for hiway and WW); but, we'll see.

George

OH geez. Cartoons are such a guy thing. IMO. wink.gif

OKAY, I'll take a crack. Even though it's WRONG. Scooby Doo. that's my guess. sigh.

Edited by RottieGrrrl

The other day I read some trivia about the comic book

"THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD"

and how that team-up comic would foreshadow the next guest.

I'd be shocked if the cartoon of the comic was the correct

answer. However, I have to get past that to think about this.

The other day I read some trivia about the comic book

"THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD"

and how that team-up comic would foreshadow the next guest.

I'd be shocked if the cartoon of the comic was the correct

answer. However, I have to get past that to think about this.

Interesting that you should bring that up.

Originally, the comic book "The Brave and the Bold" ("B&B") introduced new characters to the DC lineup, as did "Showcase." Starting with #50, it became a team-up book. (This doesn't count the introduction of teams like the Suicide Squad and the Justice League.) Starting with #74, and through the rest of its run (to #200), all the team-ups featured Batman as one hero. For a time, the last panel of an issue gave a clue to the identity of the next issue's partner. Incidentally, the comic book "World's Finest" changed its format from being a Batman-Superman team-up to a Superman-whoever team-up book, which also, if I recall correctly, had a clue at the end of each nook as to the team-up character in the next. The recent "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" cartoon featured Batman with other heroes, each week; but that is not the show I have in mind. (The last episode, entitled "Jumping the Shark," was a real hoot!)

This cartoon came even before "Super-Friends."

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

Interesting that you should bring that up.

Originally, the comic book "The Brave and the Bold" ("B&B") introduced new characters to the DC lineup, as did "Showcase." Starting with #50, it became a team-up book. (This doesn't count the introduction of teams like the Suicide Squad and the Justice League.) Starting with #74, and through the rest of its run (to #200), all the team-ups featured Batman as one hero. For a time, the last panel of an issue gave a clue to the identity of the next issue's partner. Incidentally, the comic book "World's Finest" changed its format from being a Batman-Superman team-up to a Superman-whoever team-up book, which also, if I recall correctly, had a clue at the end of each nook as to the team-up character in the next. The recent "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" cartoon featured Batman with other heroes, each week; but that is not the show I have in mind. (The last episode, entitled "Jumping the Shark," was a real hoot!)

This cartoon came even before "Super-Friends."

George

I used to love the jump the shark website. Anway,

Well I did a quick peek as to when Super Friends was, (that's not cheating! And I only looked for 2 seconds!) and it said it was something like 1973. So I'm assuming it was before that. hmmmmm. hmmmmm.