GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

Typical sniper kill- one shot, one hit.

Correct.

I suppose you figured out Groucho grew a real moustache for television and gave up

the greasepaint one...

Actually, no. I always thought he had a real moustache, so I didn't think I really had the answer. It just sounded Groucho-ish.

Back later with a new one.

George

This show was sort of a spin-off from "Hawaii 5-0," in that CBS didn't want to close its Hawaiian production offices, and so set this show there. "Hawaii 5-0" and "McGarrett" were occasionally mentioned, though not seen.

One of the main characters was a British WW II veteran, played by a Texan who was a child during WW II.

That same character had four illegitimate siblings, all sharing the same father but different mothers: Father Paddy McGuinness, an Irish priest; Soo Ling, a half-Chinese sister; Elmo Ziller, a rodeo owner from Texas; and Don Louis Mongueo, a royal heir to the throne of Costa De Rosa in South America.

George

This show was sort of a spin-off from "Hawaii 5-0," in that CBS didn't want to close its Hawaiian production offices, and so set this show there. "Hawaii 5-0" and "McGarrett" were occasionally mentioned, though not seen.

One of the main characters was a British WW II veteran, played by a Texan who was a child during WW II.

That same character had four illegitimate siblings, all sharing the same father but different mothers: Father Paddy McGuinness, an Irish priest; Soo Ling, a half-Chinese sister; Elmo Ziller, a rodeo owner from Texas; and Don Louis Mongueo, a royal heir to the throne of Costa De Rosa in South America.

The title character was a Vietnam veteran, one of the first to be shown in a favorable light. He had been in the Navy. Although it wasn't explicitly stated, from the medals he occasionally wore, he was a SEAL and recipient of the Navy Cross.

George

*wild swing* "Sea Wolf"??

Much more popular show.

It was not about military operations.

The star had appeared a number of times on "The Rockford Files." He wanted his character to be like Jim Rockford, though the studio wanted him to be more straight-laced.

The title character was a Vietnam veteran, one of the first to be shown in a favorable light. He had been in the Navy. Although it wasn't explicitly stated, from the medals he occasionally wore, he was a SEAL and recipient of the Navy Cross.

George

The star had appeared a number of times on "The Rockford Files." He wanted his character to be like Jim Rockford, though the studio wanted him to be more straight-laced.

The show had crossover episodes with "Simon and Simon" and "Murder, She Wrote."

Dobermans "Zeus" and "Apollo" guarded the estate.

George

The show had crossover episodes with "Simon and Simon" and "Murder, She Wrote."

Dobermans "Zeus" and "Apollo" guarded the estate.

All the male stars, save one, had moustaches.

The ex-SEAL was a private investigator.

George

A popular sitcom from 70's, this TV series stayed in the top-ten for 2 years during it's 4 year run.

After the untimely death of one it's younger stars the shows producers tried to replace him by writing a new character who is younger but eventually viewers reject the show and it falls by the wayside.

It starred an actor who began his career in vaudeville before finding his way to theatre.

Some of the minor actors who were also written in to accompany the new script were Charo and Julie HIll.

Supporting cast include Della Reese and Penny Marshall.

I'm not sure I ever saw the show (the only show I saw Penny Marshall in was "Laverne and Shirley" -- not counting her guest appearances on "Happy Days"); but I would think I'd recognize it from the clues.

George

My guess is you probably have seen it before, but who knows, maybe you haven't.

The theme song of the show was written by a popular Puerto Rican composer/ singer of the time. He thought they wouldn''t like it so he wrote two. They liked them both and ran one at the beginning and the other at the end of the show.