GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

sounds like Captain Video to me. I've never seen it, but some things are just in the brains cultural encyclopedia for whatever reason.

"I, Edward Norton, Ranger Third Class in the Captain Video Ranger Academy, do solemnly pledge to obey my mommy and daddy, to be kind to dumb animals and old ladies in and out of space, not to tease my little brothers and sisters and to brush my teeth twice a day and drink milk after every meal."

That's it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...

The premiere of this series featured the explosion of a jetliner in a terrorist attack. Then, shortly before it was to air, 9/11 happened. So the producers scrambled and, while the explosion was still part of the premiere, it didn't play as ominous or pervasive a role as originally scripted. Depending on how you look at it, the series lasted "only" 8 1/2 days.

The number 47 appears throughout this series, which is NOT a Star Trek series.

The opening narration which was used throughout Season 1 was literally phoned in. The actress was working on location and had to read it down the phoneline to the producer, who was recording it on the other end.

George

Much of the show was based around the so-called "Rimbaldi Prophecy": "This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works. Bind them with fury, a burning anger unless prevented at vulgar cost this woman will render the greatest power unto utter desolation."

From the beginning of the show until the end, most of the characters worked for three different spy organizations.

The number 47 appears throughout this series, which is NOT a Star Trek series.

The opening narration which was used throughout Season 1 was literally phoned in. The actress was working on location and had to read it down the phoneline to the producer, who was recording it on the other end.

George

No, this is AfterMASH

This is AfterMASH.

Trapper John MD showed us Trapper John McIntyre after the war.

AfterMash showed us Potter, Klinger and Father Mulcahy after the war.

(Rosalind Chao's Sun Li was not a regular character before MASH ended.)

It helped us MASH fans get used to the idea the series had ended.