GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

This short-lived live action series was based on a cartoon, based on a comic book.

"The Tick" was a television show, based on the animated series of the same name.

It lasted 3 seasons. (It aired on Comedy Central and possibly other channels.)

The cartoon series was loosely based on the comic book of the same name.

That started as a small run of black-and-white comics that kept getting more popular.

(They kept reprinting the first issue. I never saw a 2nd issue print run.)

The studio did not have the rights to all of the comic/cartoon characters, so two of the main characters were changed. Intentionally or not, this added some "diversity" to the lineup.

The comics gave us the Tick himself, Arthur (the moth) and spoofs of existing characters.

The cartoon gave us "American Maid" and "Die Fleidermaus" , spoofs of Wonder Woman/Captain America and Batman.

The television show changed them to "Captain Liberty" and "Batmanuel."

"The Dukes of Hazard"?

George

IIRC, it's "Hazzard" with 2 z's, but yes.

Uncle Jesse was Shepherd, the Duke boys were Lost Sheep,

Daisy was Bo Peep, and her car was Dixie.

Some people only remember the General Lee having a name.

And they used CB radio, which was a 70s thing.

Starred a pre-"In the Heat of the Night" Denise Nicholas and pre-"Sirota's Court" Michael Constantine.

The show featured many actors who went on to become major stars, such as Bruno Kirby, Bernie Kopell, Cindy Williams, Teri Garr, Jamie Farr, Rob Reiner, Anthony Geary, Richard Dreyfuss, Chuck Norris, Kurt Russell, and Mark Hamill.

The opening theme song was in the unusual time signature 7/4.

George

No, though a number of the stars did appear on L,AS.

The basic story of the show revolved around an American History teacher at "Walt Whitman High."

Starred a pre-"In the Heat of the Night" Denise Nicholas and pre-"Sirota's Court" Michael Constantine.

The show featured many actors who went on to become major stars, such as Bruno Kirby, Bernie Kopell, Cindy Williams, Teri Garr, Jamie Farr, Rob Reiner, Anthony Geary, Richard Dreyfuss, Chuck Norris, Kurt Russell, and Mark Hamill.

The opening theme song was in the unusual time signature 7/4.

George

yes, Leave it to Beaver. I'm showing my age -I thought this was too easy.

I remember watching LITB when I was a kid, but I don't think I've seen so much as a rerun of it in over 40 years, so remembering the teachers in the show was not going to happen. :)

Incidentally, I remember a comedy interview (I think it might have been on Saturday Night Live) with Jerry Mathers and Tony Dow, where the "interviewer" asked Mathers about the rumors of his death. He said he did spread the rumors as a prank, to which Dow responded, "Aw, Beav, why do have to be such a squirt?" Mathers: "Aw, Wally!" :lol:

New show soon.

George

The exterior of the main character's residence is the same as in "Leave it to Beaver," with one small modification.

Regulars (but not the stars) included Elena Verdugo,Anne Baxter,Christine Belford,Anne Schedeen,Gavin Brendan, Sharon Gless, and Pamela Hensley.

George