GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

The show, which dealt a lot with people resolving unfinished business, was cancelled before producers and writers could craft a proper farewell episode.

And yes, my comment was something of a clue, but only in a cheeky way (that word is NOT a clue).

I know who Cesar Milan is.    

Ok, unresolved problems.... Sounds like it's one of the "beyond the grave" TV shows, of which there's been a number in recent years.

Doesn't make sense to have Cesar Milan in one of those. He's not a parapsychologist, he works with dogs as the....

Seriously? 

Was this "THE GHOST WHISPERER????" 

Was the other guy "the Horse Whisperer"? 

Cesar Millan is the Dog Whisperer. Yes, the show I'm alluding to is The Ghost Whisperer. James Van Praagh is one of those phony psychics in the vein of John Edwards. I figured between the guy who talks to dead people and the Dog Whisperer, SOMEone would figure this out.

And I managed to avoid any reference to the lead actress' utter physical perfection. Yay, me!

And you're up.

1 hour ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

It's probably Shazam! or Isis.  I'm going with Shazam!

George

Yes, it was "Shazam!"

Billy Batson went into the Winnebago, turned on the colander with the lights, and recited this.  Then the Elders appeared (in animation) to advise him, thus introducing the moral of the episode.

Although the series was still earning good ratings,  it was agreed to halt production and the series became the first prime time American production to have a series finale.

A popular rumor that surfaced about the show years later is that notorious rock legend Alice Cooper, in his younger years, portrayed a character on the show.  This is because he was misinterpreted when he said , "I was ------ in my younger years," meaning his life was LIKE that of the character.  (That's what happens when you use a metaphor instead of a simile!)

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh, you waited.

Ok.

This series has been revived three times. The current revival is on a platform that not everyone accesses.

The creator thought he made up the name. He later realized it was used by Air Force pilots and figured he must have picked it up somewhere.

Most of the episodes were shot on film, allowing for on-location shooting. A handful were shot on videotape on a soundstage. The difference in syndication is quite noticeable.

The series' creator is not seen in the title sequence of the original series, but you can see his face in each of the revival series.

All I've got so far:    

- The current show is the 4th iteration of the show. 

-It's airing on Netflix or Hulu or something like that.  

- the title is some AF pilot expression, like "Top Gun" or "Hot Shot" or something along those lines.   (SNAFU, BOHICA....)

Correct, except that the title has way overtaken any previous Air Force association with the term. Remember, it was already an obscure enough term that the series creator thought he made it up.

7 hours ago, Raf said:

Correct, except that the title has way overtaken any previous Air Force association with the term. Remember, it was already an obscure enough term that the series creator thought he made it up.

So, not overly obvious to connect to the Air Force, nor exist as an expression previously  even unconnected (like "hot dog" or "mustang" or something.)

Okay, giveaway clue:
To the best of my knowledge, no actor or actress, in any iteration of the series, played the same character in more than one episode.

The clue"The current revival is on a platform that not everyone accesses" contains a subtle hint about the current platform, which narrows down the possibilities (given how few shows on that platform are original).

[oops. This is Raf posting]

Ok, a series with a few revivals, where the actors changed with every episode.   That narrows it down by a lot.

Is it "THE TWILIGHT ZONE?"

(If so, Billy Mumy played the same character in the sequel to his episode, in the series which was a sequel,  in the episodes "It's a Good Life" and "It's Still a Good Life.")

Ok, next one.

This was a successful television show.  It ran for several seasons, and was syndicated to different countries.  It had a sequel show with new episodes some time later.  It was never an animated series nor an animated movie, and should not be mistaken for one.    It later resulted in a live-action movie- which should not be mistaken for any other movie, whether animated nor live-action.

This was a successful television show.  It ran for several seasons, and was syndicated to different countries, including the US.  It had a sequel show with new episodes some time later.  It was never an animated series nor an animated movie, and should not be mistaken for one.    It later resulted in a live-action movie- which should not be mistaken for any other movie, whether animated nor live-action.  There's a perfectly sensible reason, however, why someone might confuse the show (or the movie)  with a different movie or possibly movies.