GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

Ok, I'm in the right neck of the woods.    "Petticoat Junction?"

WordWolf you may have walked yourself out of the woods if my guess was correct.  I think I am, but we'll wait and she was George offers.

Edited by Human without the bean

Petticoat Junction is correct.

Three ladies played Billie Jo (Jeannine Riley, Gunilla Hutton, and Meredith McRae -- the last two later appearing in Hee Haw!).  The character name stayed the same (a la Darrin Stevens).

Two ladies played Bobbi Jo (Pat Woodell, Lori Saunders).  The character name stayed the same.

Bea Benaderet ("Kate") died of cancer and was replaced by June Lockart ("Dr. Janet Craig" a new character).

Mike Minor ("Steve") and Linda Henning ("Betty Jo" -- Paul Henning's daughter) got hitched in real life as well as on the show.

"Green Acres" came a couple of years later.  Situated in Hooterville, it crossed over with PJ a few times.  The earlier show was "The Beverly Hillbillies."  "Granny" was apparently from Hooterville and had had a romantic relationship with "Sam Drucker."

"Hooterville" makes me think of Hooters.  :dance: Especially the seen from the opening credits with the girls in the water tower with the lyric "Lots of curves, you bet! Even more, when you get -- to the junction!"

WW is up.

George

8 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

WordWolf you may have walked yourself out of the woods if my guess was correct.  I think I am, but we'll wait and she was George offers.

I must be in an alternate universe.  Didn't catch that one.  It had a few similarities as Bewitched.  Right trees, wrong forest.

45 minutes ago, Human without the bean said:

I must be in an alternate universe.  Didn't catch that one.  It had a few similarities as Bewitched.  Right trees, wrong forest.

I used Darrin/Darrin from Bewitched and Bub/Uncle Charley from My Three Sons as examples of actor replacement in OTHER shows.

George

• 2 weeks later...

"In the meantime, be on the lookout for a male Caucasian lamb. He is unarmed, and considered to be delicious."

"You have a fever of 109 stroke 10, you can't have an incubator but you can have a pizza to go, unless of course you go first."

"Attention. Attention. One minute to Charlie. The betting book is now closed."

"I'd like a dry martini, Mr. Quoc, a very dry martini. A very dry, arid, barren, desiccated, veritable dustbowl of a martini. I want a martini that could be declared a disaster area. Mix me just such a martini."

On 6/14/2022 at 10:21 PM, WordWolf said:

"In the meantime, be on the lookout for a male Caucasian lamb. He is unarmed, and considered to be delicious."

"You have a fever of 109 stroke 10, you can't have an incubator but you can have a pizza to go, unless of course you go first."

"Attention. Attention. One minute to Charlie. The betting book is now closed."

"I'd like a dry martini, Mr. Quoc, a very dry martini. A very dry, arid, barren, desiccated, veritable dustbowl of a martini. I want a martini that could be declared a disaster area. Mix me just such a martini."

Entire episodes circled around the concepts from the first 3 quotes.    One episode, a Greek platoon expressed their thanks by sending a Greek feast, including a live lamb.  Radar arranged its escape- Blake signed the papers authorizing the emergency hardship discharge of Private Charles Lamb. ("You know him- short, curly-haired guy." "Death in the family?" "Almost."")     Another episode centered around their inability to get an incubator for the unit- which delayed diagnoses of illnesses, and they went all over Korea trying to get one.    Another favorite episode centered around how the army decided to hide weapons dumps near the hospitals in the hopes no enemy would attack it.  One rogue North Korean pilot tried, every day at 5pm, to hit it with a bomb- missing by a lot and generating bets as to what he would hit.  The army authorized the addition of a cannon to the unit- which meant they needed to figure out how to get rid of the ammo dump- which would get rid of Charlie AND the gun.    The last quote was from Hawkeye in the Officers Club.

Only one character (with a recurring role) is known by both first and last names.  All the other characters are referred to by one or the other.

This show had a cross-over with "The Profiler."

When the female lead was asked how she felt about working with the star, she said that she hardly knew him.  Except in flashbacks, where the characters were kids, the two only appeared in a few scenes together.  This makes sense, based on the premise of the show.

George

Only one character (with a recurring role) is known by both first and last names.  All the other characters are referred to by one or the other.

This show had a cross-over with "The Profiler."

When the female lead was asked how she felt about working with the star, she said that she hardly knew him.  Except in flashbacks, where the characters were kids, the two only appeared in a few scenes together.  This makes sense, based on the premise of the show.

The female lead shares a last name with the character she portrayed (coincidentally, known only by her last name).

"Are you a doctor?"  

"I am, today!"

George

It WAS the Pretender.

There were Jerod, Angelo, Sydney, Brigitte, Miss Parker, Mr. Parker, Mr. Raines, Mr. Lyle, etc.  Andrea Parker played Miss Parker as well as her mother, Catherine Parker (the only character with both names given).  "Jerod" had escaped "The Centre" (for gifted people like him to be used by the government) and Miss Parker led the group to bring him back.  Hence, they were rarely in scenes together.

Jerod could mimic any talent with brief study.  He impersonated a doctor on one episode, and the exchange between a patient and him was used in the opening credits.

George

Next round.

Ever wonder what it's like to live and work on a luxury yacht during the yachting season?   No?  Well, too bad- we're putting out 4 different series on the subject, all by the same company so they aren't in competition with each other, and all the same base name so you can see they're related shows.   What's the name of any of the shows? (Bragging rights for anyone who can correctly name all 4.)

1 hour ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I presume that "luxury yacht" is not the same as "luxury liner," e.g. "The Love Boat."

George

You presume correctly.  The divide between ocean liner and luxury yacht- as described by yachtees-  is enormous and has come up in discussion, as in whether or not someone can count liner experience when applying to work on a yacht. 

Ever wonder what it's like to live and work on a luxury yacht during the yachting season?   No?  Well, too bad- we're putting out 4 different series on the subject, all by the same company so they aren't in competition with each other, and all the same base name so you can see they're related shows.   What's the name of any of the shows? (Bragging rights for anyone who can correctly name all 4.) The Spanish name for this show is "Under Cover."

I'm thinking you're imagining this is a scripted show dramatizing life on a boat.  Allegedly, this is more documentary or docudrama, meant to film the real thing or depict it as it happens.   (I think it's not REALLY the actual events, but possibly a reenactment of what happened,  acted out so it could be filmed. This happens with some "reality" shows.)

Ever wonder what it's like to live and work on a luxury yacht during the yachting season?   No?  Well, too bad- we're putting out 4 different series on the subject, all by the same company so they aren't in competition with each other, and all the same base name so you can see they're related shows.   What's the name of any of the shows? (Bragging rights for anyone who can correctly name all 4.) The Spanish name for this show is "Under Cover."

These shows are produced under Bravo, but are in syndication in a number of channels around the world, including streaming services.

• 2 weeks later...