GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

"When they came for me, I ran like a thief right into Grand Central Station. They trapped me in a pay toilet."

"Beautiful."

"Cost them four dollars in nickels to get me out."

"I love a volunteer."

I know that this exchange was used before. I just can't remember from whence it came.

George

"She's offered her body to science. Time and time again."

"I've gotten "Thank you" notes from people I said I'd never see again."

"I've eaten a river of liver and an ocean of fish! I've eaten so much fish, I'm ready to grow gills! I've eaten so much liver, I can only make love if I'm smothered in bacon and onions!"

"I'm reminded of a story, you've probably heard it. The king and queen of this country were playing golf with five clubs. Their son Jack remarked how strange it was that they only had two hearts between them. And just then his sister Little Deucey and her dog Tre started singing 'For Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend,' whereupon the whole family beat her to death and buried her with two spades."

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

"I have this peculiar metabolism. If I don't eat regularly, everything solid in my body turns to liquid. My shoes are full of water."

"When they came for me, I ran like a thief right into Grand Central Station. They trapped me in a pay toilet."

"Beautiful."

"I love a volunteer."

M*A*S*H?

George

That's it.

"She's offered her body to science. Time and time again."

"I've gotten "Thank you" notes from people I said I'd never see again."

"I've eaten a river of liver and an ocean of fish! I've eaten so much fish, I'm ready to grow gills! I've eaten so much liver, I can only make love if I'm smothered in bacon and onions!"

Comment about Margaret. Complaint from Frank Burns.

Hawkeye has a meltdown in an episode about having nothing but liver and fish for weeks in a row.

"I'm reminded of a story, you've probably heard it. The king and queen of this country were playing golf with five clubs. Their son Jack remarked how strange it was that they only had two hearts between them. And just then his sister Little Deucey and her dog Tre started singing 'For Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend,' whereupon the whole family beat her to death and buried her with two spades."

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

"I have this peculiar metabolism. If I don't eat regularly, everything solid in my body turns to liquid. My shoes are full of water."

Hawkeye trying to cheat playing "Hearts."

Sidney Freedman, pausing before leaving, reminding them to not take themselves too seriously.

Radar, during a sniper attack, about to risk his life for a sandwich.

"Beautiful."

"I love a volunteer."

One of my all-time favorite quotes from MASH.

When asked if Klinger (an "enlisted man", i.e. not an officer) enlisted, he gave this answer.

Let's see. Before all of today's posts disappeared, I had added a couple of names:

Wendy Schaal

Dee Bradley Baker

Scott Grimes

Rachael MacFarlane

Seth MacFarlane

Curtis Armstrong

Patrick Stewart

WordWolf opined that these are voice actors and offered "Family Guy."

My response was, "Right church, wrong pew."

Continue

George

Let's see. Before all of today's posts disappeared, I had added a couple of names:

Wendy Schaal

Dee Bradley Baker

Scott Grimes

Rachael MacFarlane

Seth MacFarlane

Curtis Armstrong

Patrick Stewart

WordWolf opined that these are voice actors and offered "Family Guy."

My response was, "Right church, wrong pew."

Continue

George

Then let's try "ROBOT CHICKEN."

Based on a movie now considered a comedy classic, this late 70s TV series was... not. It lasted 13 forgettable episodes. The movie it was based on earned one of its actors, Donald Sutherland, a $75,000 paycheck. Had he opted instead to take a cut of the film's earnings, he would have earned between $3 and $4 million. But he didn't think the movie would be a hit. Sutherland did not return for the TV series. His role was taken over by an actor named Peter Kastner. Never heard of him? Most haven't.

Oh, the movie had one name, but the TV show had another. Both names referred to the same thing: The movie's name was informal, and the TV show's was formal.