GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

This OTHER hero is a relative of the Lone Ranger.

Really.

And had his own television show.

And a side-Kick.

And a mask-a little like the Lone Ranger, on TV.

And cool gadgets...including a sonic one and a gas one.

And a really Beauty of a car.

And a cool theme song-mostly Al Hirt on trumpet playing a version of Rimsky-Korsakov.

If George can't get this now, he needs black coffee or something.

I wasn't even leaning towards that but since you mentioned "George doesn't get this", I'll go ahead and lean with The Green Hornet.

You are correct.

George figured he was missing something obvious.

I was shaking a few clues at him- Kato as a side "Kick" and a "Beauty" of a car, especially.

Al Hirt playing "Flight of the Bumblebee" can often make people recall the series if they watched it.

In the TV show, the GH used a sonic "sting" and a gas gun.

The Lone Ranger was invented by Fran Striker, as was the Green Hornet, both as radio characters first.

The Lone Ranger's nepher was Dan Reid. The Green Hornet was Britt Reid, the son of Dan Reid.

The connection is sometimes downplayed due to different companies having the rights to the characters.

However, there have been nods to the connections here and there.

Go!

You are correct.

George figured he was missing something obvious.

I was shaking a few clues at him- Kato as a side "Kick" and a "Beauty" of a car, especially.

Al Hirt playing "Flight of the Bumblebee" can often make people recall the series if they watched it.

In the TV show, the GH used a sonic "sting" and a gas gun.

The Lone Ranger was invented by Fran Striker, as was the Green Hornet, both as radio characters first.

The Lone Ranger's nepher was Dan Reid. The Green Hornet was Britt Reid, the son of Dan Reid.

The connection is sometimes downplayed due to different companies having the rights to the characters.

However, there have been nods to the connections here and there.

Go!

D'Oh!!!

:asdf::redface::anim-smile:

George

A Professional gunfighter, a West Point Graduate, whenever he is mentioned wearing black or blue clothing, he was always called The man in black, but he really stood out for wearing rich midnight blue sequin suits.

The theme song to this western refers to this gunfighter as a Knight without armour. :thinking: His calling card was a chess piece.

Yes, that's it. Richard Boone played the role of Paladin in this post civil war series. I used to be into this show. Paladin was refined, a gentlemen who was into opera, and could speak several languages. He was a road scholar. A man of the arts.

He preferred to settle all skirmishes without violence. Plus, he was a fine dresser.

Gene Roddenberry wrote most of the episodes. :)

Yer turm George

Yes, that's it. Richard Boone played the role of Paladin in this post civil war series. I used to be into this show. Paladin was refined, a gentlemen who was into opera, and could speak several languages. He was a road scholar. A man of the arts.

He preferred to settle all skirmishes without violence. Plus, he was a fine dresser.

Gene Roddenberry wrote most of the episodes. :)

Yer turn George

*cough* RHODES Scholar *cough*

http://www.infoplease.com/askeds/rhodes-scholar.html

I used the term Rhodes Scholar loosely. (and misspelled it) OK. Paladin was a world traveller and had extensive knowledge of both ancient history and classical literature. Whatever. He seems pretty smart to me. :lol:

Edited by Human without the bean

The Honeymooners, of course.

BTW, if you can ever bring yourself to watch the Star Wars Holiday Special ever again,

(I'd bet my life you saw it when it aired in 1977),

you may recognize a Honeymooners moment.

Art Carney played Saun Dann, a human merchant on the Wookiee homeworld.

As a Stormtrooper has him display things for inspection,

Art Carney does an increasingly elaborate preparation without doing anything

until the Stormtrooper gets frustrated and yells at him

like Ralph Kramden used to do with Norton.

As a kid, I never noticed the similarities between "The Honeymooners" and "The Flintstones." It wasn't until I read a Jackie Gleason interview in Playboy (yes, I read the articles) discussing it. Then it was one of those "Duhhh" moments! Gleason mentioned that Alan Reed (Fred) occasionally "looped" Gleason's lines in "Honeymooners" episodes.

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

There's one character who, supposedly, has had the most different movie adaptations about him of different types- Dracula.

There's one character who comes in second on that, having had many different versions about him in the cinema.

THAT character currently has inspired TWO different television shows CURRENTLY airing about him-

one by the BBC

and one on standard US television networks.

Name either show.

I'm guessing it's Sherlock Holmes. I don't know the BBC show, but CBS has

"Elementary" a good show, and a very different take on Holmes and Watson!

George

It is Sherlock Holmes.

The show "Elementary" is entertaining, and helps to pass the time while I wait

for "SHERLOCK" to resume. The BBC show, like many of their shows, runs in miniseries arcs.

So, there's been less than a dozen episodes, each a separate movie.

It's a modern-day show with a modern-day Sherlock who is a consulting detective,

and a Dr John Watson who is a military veteran. (Should sound familiar.)

Really, it's a fantastic show if you like mysteries or Sherlock Holmes.

This comedy had a number of its actors replaced during the run, mostly new actors taking over the same characters; in another case, a new actor in a new role replacing a main character after the actor died. This show occasionally "crossed over" with two other popular comedies at the time.

George

PS I mean "actor" not to be gender-specific.

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

Actually, I think "Bewitched" only changed out one actor, and I don't remember it crossing over with other shows.

One of the actors to be replaced in the show I have in mind was also the voice of Wilma Flintstone (deja vu).

George

IIRC,

Darren and the nosy neighbor were both changed.

Dick Sargent & Dick York were Darren, and Agnes Moorehead was the SECOND actress in her role.

I recall no cross-over, so that was the wild guess.

IIRC, the voice of Wilma Flintstone was also Maw from the Hillbilly Bears.

I'm confident this is not that cartoon.