GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

• 4 weeks later...

The Addams Family

Next:

"The story you are about to see is true. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent."

Bonus:

"The story you are about to see is a BIG FAT LIE! No names have been changed to protect ANYBODY!"

Edited by Raf

If the locals will forgive me for making a straight trivia question....

Name 4 (or more) shows that feature/feature at least one vampire in the regular cast.

(I'll accept analogues, where "we won't call it a vampire" applies.)

(I can name 8 without getting into analogs, all off the top of my head,

and most of them, I've never actually watched.)

Oh, and to be specific, they should all be LIVE-ACTION shows,

although I can name at least 2 cartoons as well.

Edited by WordWolf

There's a lot more than either of us were thinking.

I wasn't even thinking of 2 shows that are currently in circulation.

(Not counting "The Vampire Diaries".) Then again, since they don't have

"vampire" in the title and I'm not watching them, that's not hard to do.

George, for fun, how many cartoons with vampires can you name?

I was thinking of two, there's at least one other I should have remembered.

By the way, you got the right show (Woody Woodpecker) but the wrong specific cartoon. "If Woody had gone straight to the police..." was a different short. But yes, it was Woody Woodpecker. Aside from his laugh, Woody did not speak in the Dragnet spoof episode (featuring THE BAT!)

And of course, for some reason, no one mentioned Dark Shadows.

George, are you thinking of The Night Stalker?

No. I just googled "vampire" "cop" "show" and found "Forever Knight," which is the one I had in mind.

I can't think of any vampire cartoons off the top of my head, unless Count Chockula got his own series. I know Casper featured Wendy the witch; maybe there was a vampire, too? I seem to remember a Frankenstein monster cartoon, where the monster was supposed to get "one drop of nice" but got a whole bottle, instead. He might have had a vampire friend. Batfink was a bat, but not a vampire.

George

I know "Drac Pack" was a bit too late for you,

but you don't remember "the Groovy Goolies?"

I'm thinking you at least HEARD of Count Duckula at some point.

With the movie, I thought "Dark Shadows" would have come up fast.

Any others spring to mind before we move on?

"Count Duckula" and "Groovie Ghoulies" ring a bell, though I don't think I ever watched them.

And Raf did mention "Dark Shadows."

"Supernatural" routinely features vampires, especially the "alpha vampire," though they wouldn't be considered stars of the show.

I'm out.

George

The ones I remembered that weren't mentioned were:

Kindred:the Embraced (I was a White Wolf Publishing reader, so that was an obvious show for me)

Right now, more or less, is a show called "the Gates", about a gated community with supernaturals.

I imagine it's interesting.

Then there's "Being Human", in UK and US flavors, with a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost.

There was briefly "Moonlight", which looked like a cross between Forever Knight and Highlander.

Would you believe Count Duckula was the SECOND one of his type? Filmation made up "Quackula"

in 1979.

There's quite a few shows that had a vampire at some point- like Tales from the Crypt and so on.

===========

I'll think up another question unless you want to take it.

• 2 weeks later...

"Babylon 5" is correct.

Babylon 5 was essentially a space United Nations, where Minbari, Centauri, Narn, Vorlons, and Humans (among others) basically tried not to kill each other and eventually band together against "the Shadows." The CGI was state-of-the-art at the time. The last season seemed more of an afterthought, but it was well-written and well-acted. It was often compared with (also well-written and -acted) Deep Space 9, although the only real ties were that both occured in space and had integers lower than 10 in their titles.

You're up, Wolfie!