GreaseSpot Cafe

Fornication is reserved for the elite..

Ham

If one is not a member of the Alpha club.. well..

what do *they* do..

Have we evolved beyond this? I don't think so.

If you are not "in"..

I remember a national geographic special a few years ago..

the newcomer to the tribe dare not fornicate with any young females..

The Ruling Class would visit "consequences" on any such relationship. Including.. violent attacks from the tribe..

The worst attacks were those of neglect. Of the tribe, those with greater wisdom would not help the newcomer, or one who violated sexual protocol with neglect.. they would not help as so far as instruction as to how to separate the umbilical cord at birth..

if one was Alpha, one could fornicate in the light of day..

weird, huh..

kinda like the pres and the first lady..

I mean.. does this make sense? "they* went as far as to regulate one's personal bedroom activities.. pregnancy.. wasn't there a time that one had to submit some kind of plan to superiors before pregnancy? My impression, there was an outright ban to this kind of "activity".

Weird? No.. very intriguing..

We know there were times they leaned on staff not to have kids,

and the in-residence corps were not only leaned on to not have kids,

but they were leaned on to have abortions if there was a pregnancy.

At moments like that, the "convenient" doctrinal error of life beginning

at birth came in handy- it was used to tell women that this wasn't a

child until they're actually in labor.

why is it..

it's supposed to be a (non or semi) Christian Organization. Why is it that I observe the same kind of primitive behavior exhibited by chimpanzees, apes and orangutans..

:biglaugh:

We know there were times they leaned on staff not to have kids,

and the in-residence corps were not only leaned on to not have kids,

but they were leaned on to have abortions if there was a pregnancy.

Yes.. that is very interesting..

thanks for your comments friend.

When I was in FellowLaborers, in the mid 1970s, premarital sex among program participants was strictly forbidden. People were immediately dismissed from the program upon being found out. Years later, here on GSC, I discovered the hypocrisy that was going on, simultaneously, at the upper levels of TWI. It's so much easier to understand all this when you finally accept that the whole thing was a sham. It was NEVER some sort of noble endeavor, despite the fact that it's embarrassing to admit we were duped.

Edited by waysider
  • Upvote 1

soo.. could it be that it has been the same kind of nonsense, one generation, one species, after another..

I'm thinking.. thinking.. hmmm.

One of the greatest fornicators of da way.. when "busted"..

was "retired" to what. Head of "research"??????

In a world where technology is constantly changing at break-neck speed, one thing that actually remains constant is the primary nature of man. Monogamy, and its preservation, has been and will continue to be a major driving factor in civilized cultures, according to the opinions of sociologists.

• Upvote 1

Yes. Perhaps a public consensus as to the merits of monogamy.

but how does this explain the immunity of da "elite"? Immunity from what.. violent attacks, censure and neglect?

Very interesting..

monogamy makes sense on many levels..

Edited by Ham

they were leaned on to have abortions if there was a pregnancy.

Not to be picky, TWI teaches that life begins at first breath at birth, never heard labor before.

I was pulled aside and counseled by a Reverend that I should "Just pull the plug" on my yet unborn child because the child would be born with health problems. Never mind we were five months into the pregnancy and would be hard pressed to find someone who would perform late term abortions. For us it was not an option because....IT WAS OUR CHILD! :CUSSING:

So, not to steer things off topic. TWI is to be damned for having that awful doctrine and double damned for counseling people to terminate their unborn children.

Muddy Waters summed it up pretty well when he said, the same thing that makes a makes a bulldog hug a hound, makes a preacher lay his Bible down...."The whole world's fightin' about that same thing."

Edited by waysider

What if.. what if.

rosie and the donster had some kind of miraculous conception or something..

and it needed somewhat less than divine intervention. i.e. human. some kind of saving surgery.. some COSTLY cure.

All stops would b4 pulled out, would they not?

Yeah.. the whole world is fighting about the same thing..

thanks for your comments friend.

We like to think we are somehow superior to all the other creatures that roam the planet. In some basic ways, we are really no different. We are fiercely territorial and driven by the same basic needs as all the other animals. We're just better at disguising it and rationalizing it with philosophical rhetoric.

• Upvote 1

The alpha male cat in a given geographical area can somehow sense whether recently born kittens are his own offspring. If they are not, he will (sometimes) kill them. No one knows why he will do this but one theory is that he is trying to preserve his own gene pool. Another theory is that, with their demise, the mother cat will go back into heat sooner, making her available again.

Edited by waysider

Personally, I think it was done in The Way as a sort of slight of hand...create an illusion.

You put that strict directive to be celibate together with the idea of never thinking evil of your brother ....it opens all kinds of windows of opportunity for the less-than-faithfull adherents of the doctrine.

The cats are superior to the simians.

there are two cats here..

one had offspring, the other greatly objected.

but they have been blessed with the innate knowledge as to how to take care of offspring..

immunity, puzzling.. yes. but it is there with the "lower" forms..

I think of those news reports you see of someone who's been found to have committed some heinous deed without previous detection. The neighbors all say, "Gee, he seemed like such a nice guy. I never had a clue..."

Uh Huh...Just better at flying under the radar than your average miscreant.

Not to be picky, TWI teaches that life begins at first breath at birth, never heard labor before.

I don't want to steer the topic too far astray either.....but this article is from TWI's website. This is their take on when life begins.....and of course according to them it is the correct answer from "God's rightly divided Word". They cling to a few verses and some twisted logic while ignoring the rest of scripture.

http://www.theway.org/article.php?page=nov_11_2&lang=en

I know he did too..

He who was a limb, or region coordinator..

thewife was a F.O.X.

Smart, too..

all "he" could ramble on was about some kind of agreement with was the proper assimilation of bread and vegetables..

yeh, the youngest kid looked a hell of a lot like loy. Gawd forbid. No thinking evil allowed here.. :biglaugh:

Same situation here. One tall skinny kid that looks just like Craig and hardly anything like his siblings.