GreaseSpot Cafe

Fornication is reserved for the elite..

Ham

I can't remember who I was talking to in chat, one night, who said, "Geeze, I must have been the only guy in The Way who wasn't getting laid." I had to laugh because I realized there were two of us.

:anim-smile::eusa_clap::biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

quote: I think of those news reports you see of someone who's been found to have committed some heinous deed without previous detection. The neighbors all say, "Gee, he seemed like such a nice guy. I never had a clue..."

Uh Huh...Just better at flying under the radar than your average miscreant.

This sounds suspiciously like LCMs "reasonable spiritual suspicion", which implied that if you're really walking with God, you should be able to tell if someone is gay or otherwise possessed. So just what is this "radar" that's supposed to tell you if someone is going to commit a heinous deed in the future?

Reminds me of my 10th grade social studies teacher who turned out to be Norman Bates. Boring teacher, first hour. Later became the hockey coach. Respected by faculty and students alike...that is, until he picked up a prostitute, drove her to a church parking lot, and stabbed her 55 times, one of which broke her sternum. Pleaded self defense at first :confused: .

The guy's name is Richard Jensen. That show 'Hard copy' did an episode about him in 1991 when it happened. Elite? Naw.

So just what is this "radar" that's supposed to tell you if someone is going to commit a heinous deed in the future?

Flying under the radar is just an expression, John. It simply means that there was nothing in their behavior that would arouse suspicion about their true nature.

Not to be picky, TWI teaches that life begins at first breath at birth, never heard labor before.

I was pulled aside and counseled by a Reverend that I should "Just pull the plug" on my yet unborn child because the child would be born with health problems. Never mind we were five months into the pregnancy and would be hard pressed to find someone who would perform late term abortions. For us it was not an option because....IT WAS OUR CHILD! :CUSSING:

So, not to steer things off topic. TWI is to be damned for having that awful doctrine and double damned for counseling people to terminate their unborn children.

I was telling my wife about this and I told the story wrong.... She wondered if you were married at the time?

Yes indeed, married and in my thirties.

I told my wife the whole story and I could see the heart break in her face... she was not surprised...

it does make sence when telling her family still in the way we want to adopt and possibly have no children of our own...

theyjust can't understand why we would choose something that could cause a lot of hard ache and pain....

If that is what they are teaching people I can now understand...

Sorry you had to go through that.

I don't want to steer the topic too far astray either.....but this article is from TWI's website. This is their take on when life begins.....and of course according to them it is the correct answer from "God's rightly divided Word". They cling to a few verses and some twisted logic while ignoring the rest of scripture.

http://www.theway.org/article.php?page=nov_11_2&lang=en

Thanks geisha.... My in laws always start the rhetoric " the rightly divided word says that babies in the womb are not alive" I never understood there failed logic till I read their abuse of scripture..... Someone ought to file charges for abuse.... For how they interpreted those scriptures.... What is sad is how people sit there, listen too it and then hang on there every word.

Then, according to their twisted scriptures, partial birth abortion is okay, because the abortionist (no way would I call someone a "doctor" who performed this loathsome procedure) turns the fetus into the breech position and delivers it up to its neck, then inserts a trocar through the atlanto-axial junction and sucks out the brain. Since the fetus is never permitted a chance to breathe it would just be a thing with the potential to become human.

This is a vile and foul thing to do to a baby, but I can see where they would give it their stamp of approval.

Those who were not permitted to be born? Their blood cries out against their murderers.

I know beyond the shadow of a doubt Craig did. I have a picture to prove it but out of respect for the family and innocent individual, I will not post it.

amazing you have a PICTURE lol

not like i need any convincing at all

and to hear about kids who look like him, ohmygosh

DNA testing please and my the bastud pay up

quote: I think of those news reports you see of someone who's been found to have committed some heinous deed without previous detection. The neighbors all say, "Gee, he seemed like such a nice guy. I never had a clue..."

Uh Huh...Just better at flying under the radar than your average miscreant.

This sounds suspiciously like LCMs "reasonable spiritual suspicion", which implied that if you're really walking with God, you should be able to tell if someone is gay or otherwise possessed. So just what is this "radar" that's supposed to tell you if someone is going to commit a heinous deed in the future?

Reminds me of my 10th grade social studies teacher who turned out to be Norman Bates. Boring teacher, first hour. Later became the hockey coach. Respected by faculty and students alike...that is, until he picked up a prostitute, drove her to a church parking lot, and stabbed her 55 times, one of which broke her sternum. Pleaded self defense at first :confused: .

The guy's name is Richard Jensen. That show 'Hard copy' did an episode about him in 1991 when it happened. Elite? Naw.

But we are talking about the gawd-given ability to freely fornicate with one's spouse, one's neighbor's spouse, along with all other w"willing" fmales within earshot of "

God's Call"..

under the unclouded sun here.

Not mutilation.

That might be subject for another thread..

I think the topic here is.. entitlement.

*They* are entitled.. to do whatever they want, in broad daylight..

well.. at least until the lawyers intervene..

:biglaugh:

Naten00, one of the reasons we were told to "get rid of" our son was that he was adopted and therefore not really our son at all. TWI does not recognize adoption, because they believe that God does not recognize adoption. At least that's what the pi$$ant branch leader told us when he told us to abandon him.

Apparently, Ephesians Ch. 1 isn't in their rightly divided brains.

Of course there was one couple we knew who adopted a baby girl with the assistance of the then Trunk Coordinator, but they were WC so I guess the rules were different.

Edited by Watered Garden

Naten00, one of the reasons we were told to "get rid of" our son was that he was adopted and therefore not really our son at all. TWI does not recognize adoption, because they believe that God does not recognize adoption. At least that's what the pi$$ant branch leader told us when he told us to abandon him.

Apparently, Ephesians Ch. 1 isn't in their rightly divided brains.

Of course there was one couple we knew who adopted a baby girl with the assistance of the then Trunk Coordinator, but they were WC so I guess the rules were different.

Really..... I almost don't believe it...

Are you saying that is held by the branch leader or the whole of TWI?

I dunno about this awful case, but I do know that the way international's idiotic judgments are very sometimey. Sometime this sometimes that. Heck, I knew of a region coordinator who told one of his state coordinators to counsel a young woman not to accept government assistance because she could believe her way to prosperity. Meanwhile, at headquarters it's De facto standard to help people with medical problems get on Medicaid.

Edited by OldSkool
  • Upvote 1

I dunno about this awful case, but I do know that the way international's idiotic judgments are very sometimey. Sometime this sometimes that. Heck, I knew of a region coordinator who told one of his state coordinators to counsel a young woman not to accept government assistance because she could believe her way to prosperity. Meanwhile, at headquarters it's De facto standard to help people with medical problems get on Medicaid.

Oldskool the more I read people's post here the more and more I feel like the guys in your picture looking down and making fun of a bunch of muppets...

Edited by Naten00

Naten00 this was the branch leader in 1996 in a suburb of Seattle. I don't know of it was his thinking only, or that of him and the limb leader, R**man St**iew, or him, the limb leader and the head honchos in NK.

I just know what we were told: "Your son is not your son because he is adopted, and God does not honor adoption."

I hope to God it's not TWI's official doctrine. If it is they are worse off than I could even imagine.

By the way, we kept the kid and ditched TWI. Good choice, I think.

• Upvote 1