GreaseSpot Cafe

Fornication is reserved for the elite..

Ham

You have to read it in the original..

:biglaugh:

some of the verses.. it sounds like he is singing.. "nothing is going to chain my world"..

Yeh! I heard it.. in the second repetition of the chorus..

Edited by Ham

--

vince finnegan was an az z

Seems he still is ... his current "ministry" teaches that people can lose their salvation ...think that doesn't give him and others control over their flock? At least we DID have the assurance of incorruptible seed and not being able to lose your salvation ... until Craig came along, got mad, and said differently. I feel confident taking MY chances with the Almighty God, who made the promise. Okay, off soapbox.

I didn't know LCM ever taught that. I'm not surprised; I just didn't know.

I've always thought that was one big negative for denominational churches. They only taught that so they could control their flock with the fear of hell. That's why ACDCs 'Highway to hell' became such an anthem. Let's rattle their cages by pretending hell is a party place. Scare tactics don't work in the long run anyway.

Something that I think has escaped us on this thread is the way VPP defined fornication, adultery, etc. According to VPP, only the spiritually underdeveloped still think these are terms relating to the physical realm. Nope, these are spiritual terms. In fact, in the Advanced Class, he even said there was a spirit called the spirit of whoredom that plays a role in people committing "spiritual adultery and fornication". Silly us, thinking adultery was some sort of function involving the human body. Sheesh!

What really seemed to escape the TWI leaders is that God depicted idolatry as fornication BECAUSE PHYSICAL FORNICATION WAS BAD!!! If adultery and fornication weren't wrong, it would be silly to depict idolatry as such. :blink:

George

I still think VP was blowing hot air when he tried to make everything have a second tier, spiritual meaning.

"Oh, sure, it says 'Thou shalt not kill' but what it REALLY means is....."

Whatever happened to means what it says and says what it means?

Edited by waysider
  • Upvote 1

• 5 years later...
On 3/14/2012 at 9:30 PM, Watered Garden said:

Naten00 this was the branch leader in 1996 in a suburb of Seattle. I don't know of it was his thinking only, or that of him and the limb leader, R**man St**iew, or him, the limb leader and the head honchos in NK.

I just know what we were told: "Your son is not your son because he is adopted, and God does not honor adoption."

I hope to God it's not TWI's official doctrine. If it is they are worse off than I could even imagine.

By the way, we kept the kid and ditched TWI. Good choice, I think.

Smart lady WG!!!

On 3/15/2012 at 0:33 PM, chockfull said:

Sorry that happened to you WG. I'm glad you stood up to that and fought for your son. If you hadn't then nobody would. He was given love growing up by you and a chance to succeed that he never would have had. That's more of an example of what JC would do than anything TWI leaders ever did. Jesus was the champion of the downtrodden, sick, the orphans without a home. I'm glad you cared enough to extend that love to him.

All of us are adopted children in our relationship to God in a sense. We have no bloodline birth right.

Chock, yes!!!  Great post!!

On 3/15/2012 at 4:39 PM, Naten00 said:

I don't know any of the apostles who had an abundant life in the way the THE WAY defines abundant...... But for some reason the "apostle" VPW had an abundant life.... Just seems odd.

OO, I would say VPW had an extremely abundant life.  Many of us were concerned about how we would pay the rent, and he ran around in a gray Lincoln Continental. Boy, did they tick me off. The head honcho of a non-profit is running around in a brand-new Lincoln Continental, and I have a hard time paying my rent??!!