GreaseSpot Cafe

Geer Update

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

On another site, someone posted about attending a Geerite fellowship in Tennessee.

So it seems as though Geer and his henchmen and his perverted teachings haven't yet sunk into oblivion.

Anyway, Raf, this thread needs moving from The Way in Europe, since it's a very long time since Europe has been (dis)graced by his presence.

• Like 1

On another site, someone posted about attending a Geerite fellowship in Tennessee.

So it seems as though Geer and his henchmen and his perverted teachings haven't yet sunk into oblivion.

Anyway, Raf, this thread needs moving from The Way in Europe, since it's a very long time since Europe has been (dis)graced by his presence.

Still no advanced class?

(maybe too few have taken the WIGP class enough times yet...)

• 4 years later...

He and Barbara once travelled up to Aberdeen from Gartmore to visit my home church. Found out something rather interesting about him afterwards while chatting. Before he got in the word, he ran drugs across the Mexican border. Considering his Cartel links, I think he did try to do something worthwhile with his life. God will sort it all out after the return, so relax, everything will be put right. If he can sort things out for me, I don't think anyone else will be much of a problem.

• Like 1

Drug smuggling across the Mexican border has been going on since long before any of us were even born. There were a lot of small time operators back in the 1960's The cartels, however, came into existence as gang rivalry escalated in the 1980's, long after Geer became involved with The Way. He may or may not have smuggled drugs, but he wasn't part of the cartel activity. Is it possible he embellished his past to increase his street cred.?

He didn't mention Cartels, I'd just assumed that. Had no idea Cartels were a modern innovation, thought they'd been around since forever. We're going to meet the dude again, all of us, and we're going to live together with him forever, you know, for eternity. I'm trying hard to get my head around that and learn to put the past behind. It isn't easy sometimes.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 8:49 AM, George Maciver said:

He and Barbara once travelled up to Aberdeen from Gartmore to visit my home church. Found out something rather interesting about him afterwards while chatting. Before he got in the word, he ran drugs across the Mexican border. Considering his Cartel links, I think he did try to do something worthwhile with his life. God will sort it all out after the return, so relax, everything will be put right. If he can sort things out for me, I don't think anyone else will be much of a problem.

On 3/24/2020 at 12:29 PM, George Maciver said:

He didn't mention Cartels, I'd just assumed that. Had no idea Cartels were a modern innovation, thought they'd been around since forever. We're going to meet the dude again, all of us, and we're going to live together with him forever, you know, for eternity. I'm trying hard to get my head around that and learn to put the past behind. It isn't easy sometimes.

Hi, I'm just poking around and saw this - I first met Geer in 1971, in New York, spent a couple weeks there, during which I spent a few days in and out of his house, or the house where he was staying, I can't quite remember. It was a big house, I remember that and he was living there. Long story short - it caught my eye that you said  Geer had Mexican cartel connections???  - mostly because the Mexican cartels weren't built on drug trade and all that Holly-weird stuff we've seen in movies and TV about tons of weed and cocaine and all that didn't really kick in for Mexican crime family/syndicates until the 80's. That doesn't say there wasn't strong border activity then, and being on the east coast it would have been making it's way up the coast. But Geer was a kid, and not exactly a hard ass. Now, I want to be clear - I'm not speaking for or against any others in or out of any drug business that would have been involved and as far as I'm concerned, it's so long ago as to be of no consequence to me - so - just to be clear, I'm just saying I don't think he COULD have been involved in anything like that. Geer was a special kind of thick, and could be a hard case in Way World but he would not have done well in that world. 

If he was I'd be really really surprised. Wouldn't be the first time today though, hey? 

It was my mistake, he didn't mention cartels, just drug running. I assumed cartels as mafias in one guise or another, read secret societies, have been around since Nimrod. Sorry for the confusion. By the way, I'm really looking forward to seeing the dude again. And Craig. And Victor. And Rosalie. And John. And Vince. And everyone here. It's going to be fun and it's going to be forever. We will all stand shoulder to shoulder with the lord when we return to earth with him in the next administration to start the clean up operation.

Edited by George Maciver
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 8:56 AM, George Maciver said:

It was my mistake, he didn't mention cartels, just drug running. I assumed cartels as mafias in one guise or another, read secret societies, have been around since Nimrod. Sorry for the confusion. By the way, I'm really looking forward to seeing the dude again. And Craig. And Victor. And Rosalie. And John. And Vince. And everyone here. It's going to be fun and it's going to be forever. We will all stand shoulder to shoulder with the lord when we return to earth with him in the next administration to start the clean up operation.

We will. All this posturing and BS'ing will be over, we won't have to try and be something we really don't want to be and just allow ourselves to be the lovable lives God has made us. 

I just don't believe he was a "drug runner" of any type. Sorry, I think he was pulling your leg to appear like he had a deep dark pasta and was some sort of a player. Hey - if you're out there Chris, prove me wrong. We can compare notes. Meanwhile I wish you and your wife health - settle down beavis! We're not kids anymore. 

PEACE! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, socks said:

We will. All this posturing and BS'ing will be over, we won't have to try and be something we really don't want to be and just allow ourselves to be the lovable lives God has made us. 

I just don't believe he was a "drug runner" of any type. Sorry, I think he was pulling your leg to appear like he had a deep dark pasta and was some sort of a player. Hey - if you're out there Chris, prove me wrong. We can compare notes. Meanwhile I wish you and your wife health - settle down beavis! We're not kids anymore. 

PEACE! 

Perhaps he didn't MEAN to pull his leg.  cg claimed he was ready to act as a human shield in case someone attempted to assassinate vpw.  I think he really thought this was something he needed to do.  Perhaps he convinced himself of that, and added some sordid past to his head where he was a drug runner before encountering vpw or something.   I remember him once commenting on how some people seemed to compete with how much they were delivered from when they got born again.  I've never heard of people doing that otherwise- perhaps cg was doing it and that's why it was on his mind.

54 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

Perhaps he didn't MEAN to pull his leg.  cg claimed he was ready to act as a human shield in case someone attempted to assassinate vpw.  I think he really thought this was something he needed to do.  Perhaps he convinced himself of that, and added some sordid past to his head where he was a drug runner before encountering vpw or something.   I remember him once commenting on how some people seemed to compete with how much they were delivered from when they got born again.  I've never heard of people doing that otherwise- perhaps cg was doing it and that's why it was on his mind.

I'm gonna go with "yes he did mean to pull his leg". 

Thank you to everyone for making this particular moderating task so easy.

So the offending post was deleted, and every post that referred to it afterward as well. Which is to say, every post afterward.

Thanks for playing, and thanks for the humor you found in the situation. I almost hated deleting some of the wittier replies. Almost.

Play nice.

Really???

damn you can’t say anything around here anymore.  

how weird. It’s like say ing it cant happen because it wasn’t appropriate and offended someone, so it didn’t. 

Tight ship? 

GS is an odd bunch these days I’ll give you that, but that’s the wrong way to go imo. 

put another way - reality’s a bitch but it’s one we know. 

as you were, all. As you were. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 9:39 AM, modcat5 said:

Thank you to everyone for making this particular moderating task so easy.

So the offending post was deleted, and every post that referred to it afterward as well. Which is to say, every post afterward.

Thanks for playing, and thanks for the humor you found in the situation. I almost hated deleting some of the wittier replies. Almost.

Play nice.

Wow. That sounds interesting. Sorry I missed it.

On 4/30/2020 at 12:06 PM, socks said:

as you were, all. As you were. 

In case anyone is unfamiliar with this expression,

a. a military command to withdraw an order, return to the previous position, etc

b. a statement to withdraw something just said

from a different website, 

"As you were" is a standard military command. It means, literally, "[return] to your previous posture". Soldiers [and Airmen] must snap to a formal "attention" position when an officer enters their presence, and the officer issues this command to indicate they may resume their prior activities. The order is also used figuratively to command troops to moderate a temporary excitement.

51 minutes ago, Rocky said:

In case anyone is unfamiliar with this expression,

a. a military command to withdraw an order, return to the previous position, etc

b. a statement to withdraw something just said

from a different website, 

51 minutes ago, Rocky said:

"As you were" is a standard military command. It means, literally, "[return] to your previous posture". Soldiers [and Airmen] must snap to a formal "attention" position when an officer enters their presence, and the officer issues this command to indicate they may resume their prior activities. The order is also used figuratively to command troops to moderate a temporary excitement.

Yikes ! again with the posturing !   :biglaugh:

On 4/27/2020 at 6:02 PM, socks said:

(snip)

Posturing: behavior that is intended to impress or mislead.

Posturepedic:  a branch of socialization concerned with the correction or prevention of behavior that is intended to impress or mislead. (Note to critics: rather than make a snap decision on the validity of this definition – why don’t you sleep on it, and see how you feel about it tomorrow)

Edited by T-Bone
Fat Mattress were an English folk rock band that formed in Folkestone in 1968. Founded by guitarist and vocalist Noel Redding, during his time as bassist for The Jimi Hendrix Experience, and vocalist Neil Landon

4 hours ago, Twinky said:

Lovely posturepedic mattress.  On sale now.

bed.jpg

that reminds me, Twinky ....in light of recent events on this thread folks should realize that once you’ve made your bed, you must lie in it. That’s an old saying that means one must accept the unpleasant results of something they have posted on Grease Spot. It's all about dealing with outcomes and consequences.   :rolleyes:

Edited by T-Bone
Revisions - I've created this unpleasant situation, now I have to deal with it.

14 hours ago, T-Bone said:

that reminds me, Twinky ....in light of recent events on this thread folks should realize that once you’ve made your bed, you must lie in it. That’s an old saying that means one must accept the unpleasant results of something they have posted on Grease Spot. It's all about dealing with outcomes and consequences.   :rolleyes:

How does that include posts being deleted? 
because you

had a poster who said “fuck off” or whatever it was? 

and then all related posts are gone.  

It’s just weird to me.  That’s posturing at Posturepedic best. 

“As you were” simply meant - return to your normal activity. I guess this is it, hey? Good job!