GreaseSpot Cafe

Your strangest "witnessing" experiences

Ham

Well this is "strange," and not...

Went out Lightbearers, team of 6 of us, don't remember the city, and I'm not going to malign anywhere by guessing wrongly.

My partner and I had a normal time of it, rejection from a lot of people, others responded with, "Well, I'm Catholic" as if that was a proper answer; I don't recall anyone of note from the time, no dynamic conversations, nothing very exciting though we did get some people agreeing to come to twig.

But the others of the lightbearers team came back tremendously excited. They'd been in some rundown sort of area and according to them, they had spats with devil spirits, fights with ds in several households, could see these devil spirits - basically everywhere on this development. They changed people's faces, made them do strange things, act strangely....

This half of the LB team was tremendously wide-eyed, excited, exhilarated, laughing, at events they claimed had happened. I couldn't decide if they really had seen something - or were merely hysterical at having seen some odd drunk character who'd not welcomed their attentions.

One of them claimed to see such action "often."

I found myself thinking I was spiritually deficient. This stuff never happened to me.

I found myself thinking I was spiritually deficient. This stuff never happened to me.

Same here.

They were most likely in the projects and p!$$ng people off. :biglaugh:

I remember during Way Disciple the similar accounts from another group of us that had meandered into a working poor neighborhood. One of the fellowship coordinators was so obtuse in his manners that he nearly got his @$$ whopped by a local he had ticked off by arguing biblical matter with his wife on their front porch.

After dude gathered his composure it soon morphed into some great spiritual victory for the team because he had stood and backed down some sprrrruts. Too bad the husband didn't teach him some manners. :smilie_kool_aid:

Yeah, I thought it might be something like that.

Bang on the door while Mrs is feeding several noisy kids and Mr wants to put his feet up - and you want to badger them into taking a class?

Was thinking, OS... "Way" Disciple???

You guys weren't supposed to be disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ? - but disciples of The Way?

Heck, was TWI actually honest about something, LOL?

:evilshades:

as much as i agree with most of the posts here, i hate most of you

other than that, the funniest witnessing experience someone else had (she happened to be my roommate during way marketing books in north carolina)

she traded the books for items in garage sales -- like plant hangers and such

but we had to pay for those books she traded

i love her 'til this day she was such a cutie nut

Ex, I was NC Minuteman in Greensboro until end of July because of not finding a 20 hour a week job and knew Jerry who was in charge of Way Booksellers(he was a former salesman with anational Bible/Book sales organization)and one of them PF was from Sanfordwho has/had a twin sister. "P" was gorgeous blond and I had a crush on her, didn't know she was dating her twig leader or I might have ended up marrying her. We now return you to our regular postings.

Was thinking, OS... "Way" Disciple???

You guys weren't supposed to be disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ? - but disciples of The Way?

Heck, was TWI actually honest about something, LOL?

:evilshades:

It never occurred to me, but now that you mention it. We were told at times that we were disciples of The Lord Jesus Christ! But....he was absent, the word took his place, you can't separate the word from the ministry, ministry leadership has the spoken word / present truth....disciples of The Way....YEP!

Strange to catch them in the truth. :biglaugh:

i'm sorry i don't really hate anyone except self - i'm just depressed. forgive me please

thomas loy, we had our sales meetings in greensboro with jerry. we lived in burlington. i'm trying to remember who were the other way markateers - lyle who was tall, kevin gigou, um i'm thinking.... jerry got engaged to rosie. i really liked north carolina a lot. not so much way marketing.

Oh.. I forgot!

My most strange witnessing experience.

I lived in Bluefield, WV. so I was hitchhiking through Athens and Princeton. No car..

well.. it wasn't too long of a walk. Maybe ten miles.

A church bus drove by, my thumb was out. The driver chose to pass me by without stopping.

later, I got a ride. It lasted about three miles. Sorry fella, I'm not going any further.. but the church bus stopped somewhere we passed. I stand in the road.. the bus drives by AGAIN.

This happens again. I'm there, the bus drives by..

The third time.. the bus stops. The guy gets out, and asks.. "are you Jesus?"

:biglaugh:

I could have told him anything at the moment and he would probably have believed it..

"naw, I'm just as human as you.."

:biglaugh:

maybe that could have been my strangest witnessing experience.. no, just couldn't do it..

the old "twig leader" thought I should have told him I was Lucifer or something.. nawww.

Edited by Ham

I moved to Burlington in September 1982 when my father (who was a Lutheran pastor) accepted a call to St. Paul's just outside of the village of Alamance, and lived there until he retired and moved to Hickory on July 6th, 1992. So i was familar with the area. BTW, had left TWI in December of 1979. This has been a Rosie the FOX special Alert :biglaugh:

Dear ExCathedra,

What a sweet heart you have. Never forget those people who touched your heart. You may have touched theirs as well. And a prayer when you think of them and wonder how they are, can help and ease the burden of lost connections. And who knows, perhaps it is just the thing they need, too.

joeleah

Ex, I was NC Minuteman in Greensboro until end of July because of not finding a 20 hour a week job and knew Jerry who was in charge of Way Booksellers(he was a former salesman with anational Bible/Book sales organization)and one of them PF was from Sanfordwho has/had a twin sister. "P" was gorgeous blond and I had a crush on her, didn't know she was dating her twig leader or I might have ended up marrying her. We now return you to our regular postings.

It was Southwestern Booksellers(original Bible), btw, PFC sister is/was "L" who last I heard lived in Charlotte

You know, honestly I've had both good times and bad time witnessing while under TWI's authority. The good times where it's me and God alone on an adventure - some of which had strange turns. The bad times were much of the mandated and forced stuff - TWI's HQ trying to push the blame for lack of growth off on those on the field and make them do sales cold calling to redeem themselves. Forced witnessing trying to fill up dead TWI classes was like putting lipstick on a dead pig.