GreaseSpot Cafe

Just whose life is it, anyway?

• 1 month later...

steve L, a question i have often asked is to whom was this blood sacrifice payment made too!? who did god have to pay off to "buy us back" with GEEsus's blood?

would that not indicate weakness in the so called all mighty god?

who was bad a$$ enough to hold the debt against him/it and make him/it pay to buy us back?

no one has ever been able to answer that for me.

not even mike.

who got payed.

not that it means anything,

just another flaw in christian doctrine.

Edited by faith no more

steve L, a question i have often asked is to whom was this blood sacrifice payment made too!? who did god have to pay off to "buy us back" with GEEsus's blood?

would that not indicate weakness in the so called all mighty god?

who was bad a$$ enough to hold the debt against him/it and make him/it pay to buy us back?

no one has ever been able to answer that for me.

not even mike.

who got payed.

not that it means anything,

just another flaw in christian doctrine.

Good question, faith no more, but skewed.

WHO did God have to pay off to "buy us back" with GEEsus's blood? NOBODY! Jesus, as a son of Adam, was paying TO God the blood debt Adam incurred by stealing a life, Adam's own, FROM God through disobedience.

The blood was paid by Jesus Christ TO God, on behalf of all of Adam's race. ALL of us. Not just those belonging to an approved denomination. Not just those who have been "reached" by official missionaries. ALL of us!

Love,

Steve

And yes, it is a flaw in the way the Church has interpreted things since it was co-opted by the Roman empire, but the flaw is not in the Bible. It's in the interpretation.

By the way, faith no more, you aren't the only one for whom the traditional interpretation raises difficulties. My profs at the School of Theology (who have actually earned real, bona fide doctorates) still have a hard time wrapping their minds around the explanation I have presented because they have a hard time conceiving of Jesus as a son of Adam rather than as God incarnate.

Edited by Steve Lortz