GreaseSpot Cafe

Rosalie F. Shumate

skyrider

VPW set up the marriage between Donna and LCM. Maybe it was deliberate?

He knew that Donna was attracted to girls, so he said he'd help her get over that, but she didn't change. Because he was a father figure to such a young woman, I'm positive she bared her soul about her struggles. VPW encouraged Craig to sleep with all the women to 'become more spiritual' like him, and as a hook to keep Craig's adoration aka his PUPPET. It may be possible that VPW schemed that Donna, being a lesbian would not care one bit. It would mean that Craig would leave her alone... There would be a married PUPPET minister at the helm. just a thought.

VP was a schemer, that much we know for sure. I feel confident in surmising he anticipated some sort of outcome that might not fit with what we would logically or innocently expect. We know he wasn't some sort of spiritual guru, as he had led to us believe. Therefore, I think there was probably a nefarious twist to his plan. Maybe G33r was privy to some of the details and used them, like a card counter, to play his own hand. Ultimately, I don't think anyone really knew what cards Wierwille was holding in his hand. I think Rosalie may have had an educated guess, though.

Don't give vpw more credit than he's due.

He was a SCHEMER but not a MASTERMIND.

Everything was around laziness, and getting him MONEY, POWER and ADULATION through DECEIT.

According to lcm's own account,

lcm chose Donna to marry, despite not knowing her very well.

(His own account in "vp and me" said vpw made special exceptions for the 2 of them so they

could spend time and get to know each other- AFTER they decided to GET MARRIED.)

lcm, supposedly, chose Donna, and didn't know her very well.

Donna had previously said she was planning on marrying someone influential in twi.

According to lcm's account, as soon as lcm told vpw he wanted to marry Donna, vpw

went off and told her how influential lcm was going to be in twi.

vpw didn't need to convince Donna of anything after that.

Would they have problems? Probably- but vpw was neither trained in counseling

nor concerned about other people's problems. If they had a problem, they'd work it out

and he'd stay out of it because he didn't care.

My opinion is that vpw MIGHT not have known Donna ONLY cared about marrying for influence,

but if he did, it worked out perfectly for that and he phrased himself accordingly.

I don't think vpw understood people as well as he thought he did. He billed himself as an

excellent thinker and believed his own press.

Donna had previously said she was planning on marrying someone influential in twi.

Not to swerve off topic too far, but this sort of thing must have been encouraged early on in TWI. I was at a singles advance (way back when I was single) and my region coordinator's wife went on about spiritual goals and meeting people with similar goals. She and her hubby had met in-residence and never really got along but they found common ground because they both wanted to run a limb someday. That was the launching point of their marriage. :smilie_kool_aid:

Not to swerve off topic too far, but this sort of thing must have been encouraged early on in TWI. I was at a singles advance (way back when I was single) and my region coordinator's wife went on about spiritual goals and meeting people with similar goals. She and her hubby had met in-residence and never really got along but they found common ground because they both wanted to run a limb someday. That was the launching point of their marriage. :smilie_kool_aid:

I think that there are more "Bill and Hilary Clinton" types of marriages in TWI than we all realize. A convenient arrangement for the purpose of pursuing power and influence.

it's just crazy

but i guess to rosie and donna shumate it makes sense - they couldn't make it anywhere else and they have their groupies and their money

must suck to be a wierwille non-heir

one b*tch from california and the other butch from carolina

in their world, they're big time ugh

Skyrider, you mean to tell me she had another house built besides the one she was living in next to Bader's?!? I left at the end of March in '86 and never knew this.

Her house (the one she was living in when I was there) seemed like a perfectly good one to me, not to mention that it was quite new and was plenty large for one woman (and "friends") to occupy.

I wonder where she got all her money to build such a house. I always heard she had money. But where did it come from? Was it from her divorces? Handed down from her Fox family? From getting paid off because "she knew where the bodies were buried" as the saying goes?

In any case, with all the austerity policies foisted on the rank and file followers, if she had a house built that was newer than the new-looking one she lived in during the mid-80s, this is another example of the glaring hypocrisy of twi's so-called "leadership."

Skyrider, you mean to tell me she had another house built besides the one she was living in next to Bader's?!?

I wonder where she got all her money to build such a house.

I don't know the Bader's, but her house is just off grounds on New Bremen-New Knoxville Road. It was built by Way Builders and she footed the bill. I understand she has family money from the Foxes that is from allowing companies to harvest lumber off of their rather sizable land.

I don't know the Bader's, but her house is just off grounds on New Bremen-New Knoxville Road. It was built by Way Builders and she footed the bill. I understand she has family money from the Foxes that is from allowing companies to harvest lumber off of their rather sizable land.

Which by "footing the bill" he means she bought the materials and Way Builders provided the labor for free... Wow - if only the rest of the minions had those kind of resources to avoid having to have a mortgage as she staunchly enforces.

Hypocrisy much?

Edited by chockfull

Which by "footing the bill" he means she bought the materials and Way Builders provided the labor for free... Wow - if only the rest of the minions had those kind of resources to avoid having to have a mortgage as she staunchly enforces.

Hypocrisy much?

How do ya like that!; Bible fans.

That's where the house was where I had to attend meetings/get-togethers when Ms. Fox Rivenbark Shumate Rivenbark was my boss. I suspect my confusion came from the date mentioned in Skyrider's post (1986).

The house Te**y Bader built, next door to his, was built at least by '84, not during or after the PoP hubbub. No matter. There's still PLENTY of hypocrisy on the part of Ms. Fox Rivenbark Shumate Rivenbark to go around, and then some.

The Believers Share Their Possessions

32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all. 34 There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need.

36 Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas<a name="49"> (which means Son of Encouragement), 37 sold a field he owned and brought the money and put it at the apostles' feet.

The rank and file brought their surplus.

A "church official" brought his surplus.

Because they did these things, there was "great power" to testify and "much grace" upon them.

Compare and contrast.......

Building costs can vary wildly, but, I think it's fair to say that probably about 50% of what it cost to build that house would fall under the category of labor....labor that was supposedly being expended for the benefit of the organization, not an individual.. In the corporate world, that's called misappropriation of funds. Another word that is commonly used for it is "theft". Unless, of course, she had some sort of subcontracting arrangement with Way Builders and she paid for that cost herself.

Edited by waysider

That's where the house was where I had to attend meetings/get-togethers when Ms. Fox Rivenbark Shumate Rivenbark was my boss. I suspect my confusion came from the date mentioned in Skyrider's post (1986).

The house Te**y Bader built, next door to his, was built at least by '84, not during or after the PoP hubbub. No matter. There's still PLENTY of hypocrisy on the part of Ms. Fox Rivenbark Shumate Rivenbark to go around, and then some.

Yeah.......one of us seems to have those dates mixed up, but the reason why I remember it so vividly is because of my assignment change in 1987 and Terry was still working at her house. In fact, I stopped by Rosalie's house and helped Terry for a couple of hours.

In 1984, Rosalie was living in that house about 3 miles west (??) of where she now lives. Her basement had flooded at one point...as the house was close to a little river gully. Maybe, Linda....you're thinking of this house?

where does donna MARTINDALE (is that her name?) live?

Last I knew, in the apartment in founders hall that used to be occupied by the corps coordinators when the corps were housed in fh.

• 3 weeks later...

Skyrider, I forgot to come back to this thread.

RFR's house where I had to attend meetings was next door to Terry B's. It sounds like you're saying she had another one built farther down the road, correct?

That's just mindblowing. The house she was still living in when I left in March of 1986 seemed quite new and rather high-end.

I guess it simply wasn't good enough for the Queen of the Cornfield.