GreaseSpot Cafe

Rosalie F. Shumate

skyrider

(as an aside)

This reminds me of how we were told we serve because we are thankful for The Word that was given to us.

We're Thankful because The Word says we are to Be Thankful.

We were given The Word, and we are to now share The Word to others.

We share The Word to others by serving.

Or something . . . I was still mentally working that out when someone handed me a weed-wacker and pointed a long fence along some field in Ohio.

Exactly.

This is the stage where cognitive dissonance really kicks into high gear.

• Upvote 1

Sometimes it's hard to hop on that cognitive dissonance bandwagon all by yourself. You need a caring soul to help you climb on board.

Sure.

But these levels . . . can we say they exist today? I don't think they do.

When I was a kid . . . I heard a lot of "this sort of thing used to be for the Corps only", "WOW outreach was a cakewalk compared to Way D". The shells of The Way washed away in the 80s. (Didn't many cults expire back then?)

Honestly, "moving up the ladder" in TWI, I saw little to no difference than the field. (Life was easier in places like HQ, in some ways, because conflict from "the world" was removed. The Living Hell caused by Waydale's "in your face" attitude and whatever else could be ignored and some sense of peace could be found . . . if for a moment. You could argue Waydale worked in TWI's favor, by increasing isolation. The world's hatred raining down via some website, as if TWI itself wasn't twisted enough?)

Point at leadership. Everyone knows the accusations. Nobody will go to jail. So what if there's an inner sanctum? Society gave people to VPW/LCM/Rosie et al for some reason.

The organization was multi-cultured. There was one culture that represented the average Joe B.Leever you were apt to cross paths with in the local fellowship. This was the mushroom culture. (Keep them in the dark and feed them "the stuff that mushroom's flourish on".) Then there was an intermediate culture that flourished in the various training programs. In this culture, it was revealed, in part, that Way life would not be all peaches and cream but it served to instill a sense of obligation and commitment. The true innermost workings of the organization were intentionally withheld from this group and replaced with a candy coated version that wasn't made known at the local level, either. Then, there was an inner, very select culture that was well aware of the organization's true nature and mechanisms. It was at this level that VP's behavior was consistantly normalized and ignored. This was the culture that was in the driver's seat, pushing on toward what would eventually result in a horrific crash and burn scenario. This is the culture that so many unfortunately refuse to acknowledge.

Wierwille and his cabal of enablers were parasitic in nature.

Living at the expense of others.....sucking them dry.

Donna, the california girl, sees an opportunity to advance in ohio.....never leaves.

No matter that her husband, 2nd prez, got totally outed in court depositions.

No matter that every other corps spouse was DFAC (dropped corps) for spousal failings.

Rosalie, the twice-divorced North Carolina teacher....wants to drop her past.

Takes pfal, goes corps, and seductively wields a 34 yr old body to aging wierwille.

BOOM...wierwille takes the bait. This time, though.....she's the one with the hook.

Vpee spent the rest of his life covering his "secret" predation with perks and promotions.

Personally, I don't much care whether anyone else connects all the dots

like we've done here at GS. The secret puzzle is no longer secret.

• Upvote 1

Donna, the california girl, sees an opportunity to advance in ohio.....never leaves.

No matter that every other corps spouse was DFAC (dropped corps) for spousal failings.

Takes pfal, goes corps, and seductively wields a 34 yr old body to aging wierwille.

BOOM...wierwille takes the bait. This time, though.....she's the one with the hook.

Vpee spent the rest of his life covering his "secret" predation with perks and promotions.

So did Wierwille dupe Rosie or visa-versa? I'm confused. Someone beat him at his own game? (Which makes you wonder how many tried and failed . . . how common was this?) You knew Donna's motives? (How is that known?)

You don't care whether anyone connects the dots? (Which dots exactly? The secret puzzle a secret to YOU, is all YOU can say. Remember, I couldn't have been part of his cabal, but you could have been.)

Why should someone a fraction your age take the blame for this? That doesn't bother you?

*I* am not responsible for the actions of Victor Paul Wierwille and company, despite what the Internet implies to those never affiliated with The Way International.

I also don't care. That's why I wrote this. *snort*

So did Wierwille dupe Rosie or visa-versa? I'm confused. Someone beat him at his own game? (Which makes you wonder how many tried and failed . . . how common was this?) You knew Donna's motives? (How is that known?)

You don't care whether anyone connects the dots? (Which dots exactly? The secret puzzle a secret to YOU, is all YOU can say. Remember, I couldn't have been part of his cabal, but you could have been.)

Why should someone a fraction your age take the blame for this? That doesn't bother you?

*I* am not responsible for the actions of Victor Paul Wierwille and company, despite what the Internet implies to those never affiliated with The Way International.

I also don't care. That's why I wrote this. *snort*

Who do you think was blaming you? I don't think I saw anyone here doing so. Rosie may have been 34, but that was a long time ago.

Who do you think was blaming you? I don't think I saw anyone here doing so. Rosie may have been 34, but that was a long time ago.

It's not the people here, it's the people who've read what's written here. (Not just GSC, but its predecessors especially)

If I wasn't clear before, when I was a teenager, and beyond. I was blamed. By multiple un-related sources. Because of the internet.

I was associated and marked for The Way International's sexcapades and other activities.

By Family

By friends

By the people closest to me

By the friends and family of people I met

By strangers in parking lots who saw the ROA bumper stickers

What did *I* do? What choices did *I* make?

What did *MY* leadership do? *I* should be ashamed? VPW and LCM and Rosie did god-knows what, better stay away from *ME*

The internet disarmed me, before I could build a safer life. Away from The Way. (And believe me, I waited and waited to turn 18. But *WHAM* the internet. I did not expect the inquisition. I just wanted to get away.)

I don't believe I'm alone on that. You don't think there's some kids out there today taking dang for this? Expected to defend their parents, and the only thing they know, and the hands that feed them?

Some things should have remained a mystery.

It's not the people here, it's the people who've read what's written here. (Not just GSC, but its predecessors especially)

If I wasn't clear before, when I was a teenager, and beyond. I was blamed. By multiple un-related sources. Because of the internet.

I was associated and marked for The Way International's sexcapades and other activities.

By Family

By friends

By the people closest to me

By the friends and family of people I met

By strangers in parking lots who saw the ROA bumper stickers

What did *I* do? What choices did *I* make?

What did *MY* leadership do? *I* should be ashamed? VPW and LCM and Rosie did god-knows what, better stay away from *ME*

The internet disarmed me, before I could build a safer life. Away from The Way. (And believe me, I waited and waited to turn 18. But *WHAM* the internet. I did not expect the inquisition. I just wanted to get away.)

I don't believe I'm alone on that. You don't think there's some kids out there today taking dang for this? Expected to defend their parents, and the only thing they know, and the hands that feed them?

Some things should have remained a mystery.

Wow... you presented some interesting philosophical questions.

They bring back and remind me of some of your earlier comments on other threads and help clarify your reasons for the obscure wording.

It's reasonably easy to recognize how, from your perspective, those things should have remained a mystery.

OTOH, life isn't always what we'd like it to be. As author M Scott Peck wrote, in the first line of his book The Road Less Traveled, "Life is difficult."

He goes on to explain that when we recognize and realize that, we learn to cope with the difficult times.

I've mentioned the role Peck's writing played in my recovery from twi in comments on gsc before.

I doubt we'd be able to resolve your philosophical questions in a discussion on gsc, but I commend you for bringing the subject up.

It may or may not help to also consider that progress, especially technological innovation, cannot be stopped.

When martindale admitted to sexual predation....er, his "one-time affair" in April 2000

all the control levers of his favored-flight-of-fantasy were jammed. Twi's lawyers had to take

charge and get this cult back, legally, from the cliff's edge. Martindale took the fall.

So, Rosalie got the big chair.

And, she has had that chair for her 15 minutes....er, years of cultish fame. Ain't it

been great to see ALL that she's accomplished with Donna at her side. Let us count the ways:

1) Twi is no longer being subjugated to heavy-handed leadership.

2) The ministry has done a 180 and the mortgage-debt madness was abolished.

3) Transparency of mandates and finances [$64 Million] is out in the open.

4) There is no longer a double standard between elders and peons.

5) Everyone is prevailing and thriving in abundance.

Sorry folks, it NEVER happened.

15 years of rosalie-rule and you got same old, same old.

15 years of marching in the same rut, year after year.

Oh well, at least you got to do it TOGETHER.

2016 could be the year that Rosalie steps down.....

but even then, she will pick her replacement.

Those who cherish their legacies, good or bad,

always endorse the one who reflects same image.

• 9 months later...
On April 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM, OldSkool said:

Sly, but not as smart as she thinks, and so out of touch she probably prefers candle light to light bulbs.

Hi!!  Does anyone have any idea where RR is going to live after her 

retirement??  I'm sure most people here at the Spot, don't care.  But, I think RR might not want to go back to her hometown

in NC.  I think she has really good political skills; how else could she have risen to the top in TWI.  I think of all the good that someone in her position could do, and it sickens me that she has done so many unholy things; again I should state that I do not know the woman.  All I know of her is what I 

have read about her here at the Spot.  But, if what I have read about her is true, than I feel for the people who worked for her.  So few people seem to like her; I wonder if her co-workers will be glad to get rid of her.

Does she have a reason to leave Foxhaven and all the Staff perks?

What worries me is the seating arrangements at the noon meal.  Don't emeritus trustees/directors have their own kiddie table?  She will be more than that.  She will be Emeritus Woman of God of Our Day and France and Ireland.  If God sends revelation might the signals get messed up if she's too close to the head table?  This could be chaos.

• Upvote 2

On April 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM, skyrider said:

My, oh my......is someone trying to "mark and avoid" one's past? :biglaugh:

Here this twice-divorced, alleged lesbian is now the president of wierwille's twi.....WOWSERS. Could wierwille have possibly imagined such a scenario? Here, his male-dominated corporation is NOW being run by Rosalie and Donna.....and Martindale, Geer, Cummxns, Townsend and others are long gone. Poetic justice ain't it?

Ms. Shumate doesn't go back to her maiden name. She lays claim to the name of the man she married out of high school. Why is that? Not sure I've ever heard of someone doing that.

So, the name Shumate and kids have been stricken from cognizance and conversation.....as if, they never existed. The English teacher takes pfal and starts a new life. Signs up for the Family Corps and life starts anew. No WOW year. No building years "in the Word." Nope. No time to waste. Need to separate from the past and climb the corporate ladder......fast. Go Corps. Go Staff. Never leave. Yeah......"teacher credentials" put her in the fast lane of twi.

:rolleyes:

Nothing in twi was what it seemed.

Wierwille was a plagarist.

Martindale was an arrogant jock.

Geer was a psycho opportunist.

Townsxnd was a leech.

Cummxns was a tool.

Rosalie is a sly fox.

How can Rosie and Donna go thru 

life knowing what evil they did to so many people?  But to get to the top of the mountain, they sold their souls to the Devil, as the new person in charge did; the man from Canada.  I will never, never understand this type of sick, warped-out behavior.  Are people who practice this type of evil, twisted as kids, or did they become this way due to what they learned from TWI?  For years, I thought that perhaps I needed to harden my heart to do The Word!! Finally, I am beginning to understand that God loves the pure in heart; I just wanted to know God, and to help others if I could.  To me, moving The Word meant increasing in my knowledge  of the the love God has for me; it seems like TWI, along with other religions, made something beautiful , into something wicked. 

The reason?  To make money for

worldly pleasures, IMO. 

On 10/30/2016 at 11:22 PM, Grace Valerie Claire said:

How can Rosie and Donna go thru 

life knowing what evil they did to so many people?  But to get to the top of the mountain, they sold their souls to the Devil, as the new person in charge did; the man from Canada.  I will never, never understand this type of sick, warped-out behavior.  Are people who practice this type of evil, twisted as kids, or did they become this way due to what they learned from TWI?  For years, I thought that perhaps I needed to harden my heart to do The Word!! Finally, I am beginning to understand that God loves the pure in heart; I just wanted to know God, and to help others if I could.  To me, moving The Word meant increasing in my knowledge  of the the love God has for me; it seems like TWI, along with other religions, made something beautiful , into something wicked. 

The reason?  To make money for

worldly pleasures, IMO. 

The answer to your first question is: selective amnesia aka denial. It's a very powerful human emotional defense mechanism. We all do it.

• 7 months later...
On 4/12/2012 at 6:51 PM, skyrider said:

Isn't Rosalie-Family Corps an oxymoron?

No husband(s)

No kids in tow.

No family pictures.

No family relationships to note.

No acknowledgement of past family.

Rosalie Shumate.....and Donna, soulmate.

Sky, I am confused; I thought Rosie bought one of her sons into the FC with her.  I thought you had to have a child to be in the FC, when TWI had FC.  Otherwise, why didn't she go regular Way Corps?

On 4/15/2012 at 3:12 PM, WordWolf said:

Don't give vpw more credit than he's due.

He was a SCHEMER but not a MASTERMIND.

Everything was around laziness, and getting him MONEY, POWER and ADULATION through DECEIT.

According to lcm's own account,

lcm chose Donna to marry, despite not knowing her very well.

(His own account in "vp and me" said vpw made special exceptions for the 2 of them so they

could spend time and get to know each other- AFTER they decided to GET MARRIED.)

lcm, supposedly, chose Donna, and didn't know her very well.

Donna had previously said she was planning on marrying someone influential in twi.

According to lcm's account, as soon as lcm told vpw he wanted to marry Donna, vpw

went off and told her how influential lcm was going to be in twi.

vpw didn't need to convince Donna of anything after that.

Would they have problems? Probably- but vpw was neither trained in counseling

nor concerned about other people's problems. If they had a problem, they'd work it out

and he'd stay out of it because he didn't care.

My opinion is that vpw MIGHT not have known Donna ONLY cared about marrying for influence,

but if he did, it worked out perfectly for that and he phrased himself accordingly.

I don't think vpw understood people as well as he thought he did. He billed himself as an

excellent thinker and believed his own press.

WW, in my humble opinion, VPW lacked critical thinking skills.  For example, he sent people out WOW, not knowing if they had criminal records or not.  Also, almost anyone who wanted to go WOW was allowed to go; some of the WOWs I knew had Alcohol and Drug Issues.  Some of them had Mental Health Issues.  Some of them were wife-beaters.  I think many people who went WOW had no business being on the field. Many of the people in the Corps had the same problems, and never should have been allowed in the program.  I think VPW was a very shallow thinker; I think he thought of himself and his pleasures, and to Hell with everyone else.  He had very little empathy, and compassion for others, and that includes his own family.  No way would I ever qualify VPW as a great thinker.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

WW, in my humble opinion, VPW lacked critical thinking skills.  For example, he sent people out WOW, not knowing if they had criminal records or not.  Also, almost anyone who wanted to go WOW was allowed to go; some of the WOWs I knew had Alcohol and Drug Issues.  Some of them had Mental Health Issues.  Some of them were wife-beaters.  I think many people who went WOW had no business being on the field. Many of the people in the Corps had the same problems, and never should have been allowed in the program.  I think VPW was a very shallow thinker; I think he thought of himself and his pleasures, and to Hell with everyone else.  He had very little empathy, and compassion for others, and that includes his own family.  No way would I ever qualify VPW as a great thinker.

vpw had skill in manipulating people, and in preaching.  He had experience in plagiarism, and in adultery, rape and molestation while covering his tracks.  He lacked the capacity to actually CARE about people. He showed, repeatedly, that they were DISPOSABLE to him. lcm documented how someone had some sort of seizure on-grounds.  vpw's decision as to how to address this?  He told the person to pack up and move back home, and put them on a bus. When lcm was concerned, vpw said to forget about him, and he'd show up at home eventually. A WEEK LATER, he ended up home.  God only knows what happened all that week.  

So long as people paid their tuition and/or fees, vpw didn't care about them in the corps or wows.  They'd get it together, or he'd kick them out, the end.   lcm learned to be equally callous. I knew someone on the wow field in the 1988-1989 year, returning 1989. While they were on the field, lcm kicked one of their roommates (as in, paying part of the rent) off the field immediately for failing to swear an oath to follow him BLINDLY.  The other wows-his roommates- phoned and said this put them in a bad spot for the rent due RIGHT NOW. They'd work out the next month's rent, but since lcm was responsible for them suddenly being short, would he cover the difference?  They were told it would be covered-and that was the last they heard of it.  One of them contacted a twi'er who was also family, told them everything, and that person sent the difference (she was getting ready to send in her tithe- but she sent it to the wows to cover the rent.)  They stayed at ROA 89 til they got their wow pins, then left for home the same night.

The order of the day at twi was-and is- it's money that matters, and people are disposable.

• Upvote 3

On 4/13/2012 at 1:58 PM, skyrider said:

So.........what qualifies her to spiritually oversee twi today?

The same as what qualifies anyone to oversee a cult - if they are next in line of a bunch of cutthroats.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, WordWolf said:

vpw had skill in manipulating people, and in preaching.  He had experience in plagiarism, and in adultery, rape and molestation while covering his tracks.  He lacked the capacity to actually CARE about people. He showed, repeatedly, that they were DISPOSABLE to him. lcm documented how someone had some sort of seizure on-grounds.  vpw's decision as to how to address this?  He told the person to pack up and move back home, and put them on a bus. When lcm was concerned, vpw said to forget about him, and he'd show up at home eventually. A WEEK LATER, he ended up home.  God only knows what happened all that week.  

So long as people paid their tuition and/or fees, vpw didn't care about them in the corps or wows.  They'd get it together, or he'd kick them out, the end.   lcm learned to be equally callous. I knew someone on the wow field in the 1988-1989 year, returning 1989. While they were on the field, lcm kicked one of their roommates (as in, paying part of the rent) off the field immediately for failing to swear an oath to follow him BLINDLY.  The other wows-his roommates- phoned and said this put them in a bad spot for the rent due RIGHT NOW. They'd work out the next month's rent, but since lcm was responsible for them suddenly being short, would he cover the difference?  They were told it would be covered-and that was the last they heard of it.  One of them contacted a twi'er who was also family, told them everything, and that person sent the difference (she was getting ready to send in her tithe- but she sent it to the wows to cover the rent.)  They stayed at ROA 89 til they got their wow pins, then left for home the same night.

The order of the day at twi was-and is- it's money that matters, and people are disposable.

WW, excellent post!!  I have read on other threads, how some of the Corps had physical, or mental problems, and VPW put them on a bus, and somehow they got home, wherever that was.  Personally, I think if I saw someone having any type of physical, or mental problem, I would phone 911, and have that person check into an Emergency Room. TWI lacked compassion, and empathy for people; especially those who were in greatest need of it

On 12/24/2015 at 3:26 PM, skyrider said:

Sky, you are so right!  The GSC exposes the Dark Side of TWI. And to think I spent 10 years in this organization!!!!