GreaseSpot Cafe

Rosalie F. Shumate

skyrider

1 hour ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Exie, I thought VPW was against Gays, and Lesbians.  I thought he hated them with a passion??

Yeah, well, we also thought he was some kind of spiritual guru. Who knows what was really in the mind of the old geezer?

1 hour ago, waysider said:

Yeah, well, we also thought he was some kind of spiritual guru. Who knows what was really in the mind of the old geezer?

Way, you are so right honey!!  Who knows what VPW really thought about.  But, in my opinion, he thought about himself, and what he wanted. No one else, and nothing else mattered, as long as he had what he wanted; everyone else could go pound sand.  How selfish can one man be??!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Exie, I thought VPW was against Gays, and Lesbians.  I thought he hated them with a passion??

vpw was a sociopath. None of us even EXISTED to him, except in relation to what he could get out of us. As regards to gays, there seems to have been nothing he wanted from them per se (and he didn't want other men sexually,)   As for the women, they existed primarily for what he could get out of them-which includes what he could get out of them sexually.  A lesbian was of limited interest to him, but a bisexual woman was much more.  A lesbian could offer him a "free show" -reports from really inside said he liked to watch women get it on, as a warm-up for him using one of those women.  So, a lesbian could offer the view and the warm-up for him- but a bisexual woman who offered the free show could then be used sexually by him, completing he whole show for him.   I've heard some guys really go for girl-on-girl, so it wouldn't shock me if this already-established pervert had that in his list of fetishes.  It totally doesn't surprise me that he could picture a woman as a "performing artist" as "foreplay" before he pressured her for sex- not any more.

Officially, vpw was against all things that weren't monogamous sex in a (heterosexual) marriage.  UNofficially, there was "the lockbox" (his term). Remember, he also told J1m D00p that God Almighty was all right with ORGIES-when they were in private. However, the CFS's few mentions made it sound like the only proper thing would be faithful marriage. Hypocrisy from wierwille?  Yes, again, of course.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

vpw was a sociopath. None of us even EXISTED to him, except in relation to what he could get out of us. As regards to gays, there seems to have been nothing he wanted from them per se (and he didn't want other men sexually,)   As for the women, they existed primarily for what he could get out of them-which includes what he could get out of them sexually.  A lesbian was of limited interest to him, but a bisexual woman was much more.  A lesbian could offer him a "free show" -reports from really inside said he liked to watch women get it on, as a warm-up for him using one of those women.  So, a lesbian could offer the view and the warm-up for him- but a bisexual woman who offered the free show could then be used sexually by him, completing he whole show for him.   I've heard some guys really go for girl-on-girl, so it wouldn't shock me if this already-established pervert had that in his list of fetishes.  It totally doesn't surprise me that he could picture a woman as a "performing artist" as "foreplay" before he pressured her for sex- not any more.

Officially, vpw was against all things that weren't monogamous sex in a (heterosexual) marriage.  UNofficially, there was "the lockbox" (his term). Remember, he also told J1m D00p that God Almighty was all right with ORGIES-when they were in private. However, the CFS's few mentions made it sound like the only proper thing would be faithful marriage. Hypocrisy from wierwille?  Yes, again, of course.

Way, what a sicko!!  VPW spoke out against Gays, and Lesbians, yet he used Bi-Sexual Women for his own purposes.  What a POS!!!  And he had the nerve to call himself a "Man of God!!". I am so glad he is dead.  I do wonder though what his children thought about him.  My father had his problems, but he was a Saint compared to VPW. I would have a very hard time going through life, knowing my father was a sick, sick puppy.  I feel sorry for them, I really do.  

21 hours ago, WordWolf said:

vpw had skill in manipulating people, and in preaching.  He had experience in plagiarism, and in adultery, rape and molestation while covering his tracks.  He lacked the capacity to actually CARE about people. He showed, repeatedly, that they were DISPOSABLE to him. lcm documented how someone had some sort of seizure on-grounds.  vpw's decision as to how to address this?  He told the person to pack up and move back home, and put them on a bus. When lcm was concerned, vpw said to forget about him, and he'd show up at home eventually. A WEEK LATER, he ended up home.  God only knows what happened all that week.  

So long as people paid their tuition and/or fees, vpw didn't care about them in the corps or wows.  They'd get it together, or he'd kick them out, the end.   lcm learned to be equally callous. I knew someone on the wow field in the 1988-1989 year, returning 1989. While they were on the field, lcm kicked one of their roommates (as in, paying part of the rent) off the field immediately for failing to swear an oath to follow him BLINDLY.  The other wows-his roommates- phoned and said this put them in a bad spot for the rent due RIGHT NOW. They'd work out the next month's rent, but since lcm was responsible for them suddenly being short, would he cover the difference?  They were told it would be covered-and that was the last they heard of it.  One of them contacted a twi'er who was also family, told them everything, and that person sent the difference (she was getting ready to send in her tithe- but she sent it to the wows to cover the rent.)  They stayed at ROA 89 til they got their wow pins, then left for home the same night.

The order of the day at twi was-and is- it's money that matters, and people are disposable.

WW, I understand what you said, but it angers me that TWI operates like this!!  Where is the "Love of God" in this type of behavior??!!  It is easy to understand why so many people left TWI, and will never return. So many of us were used in so many different ways; I didn't understand it then, but I do now!! WW, I was afraid to voice my concerns, and opinions years ago, because I thought I didn't understand "the big picture." Now, in retrospect, I am beginning to understand why I had doubts about going WOW; it was a poorly planned program.  What did the WOWs really get from the program; not as much as TWI did.  TWI pushed the program, because they made money from it.  Nuts!!  It could have been a wonderful program if VPW had wanted it to be; but he didn't give a S--t!! Gee, WW, I am finally beginning to fit the pieces together.  Thanks!

17 hours ago, T-Bone said:

The same as what qualifies anyone to oversee a cult - if The Biblethey are next in line of a bunch of cutthroats.

T-Bone, interesting post!!  I think you are right about the cutthroats in TWI; isn't it ironic that it claims to be a "Christian" organization??  IMHO, I think TWI is an ungodly organization, more concerned with money, than with man.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, BlueCord said:

Are there any court documents that provide this information?

The answer would have to be yes. Perhaps the more salient question is where you can find them... whether they would be sealed or not, etc.

22 hours ago, BlueCord said:

Are there any court documents that provide this information? 

Try this link.  You might need to rummage around a fair bit.  http://www.greasespotcafe.com:80/waydale/main/lawsuit-main.htm