GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Corps Grad Physician

Rejoice

And it looks like he treats cancer with coffee enemas...

A multi-dimensional quack...

Love,

Steve

I tried working with a Naturopath to help my son. All that happened a few thousand dollars later was nothing.

Yummmm.... coffee enemas.

What a buzz those were. :confused:

This guy is a real weiner all right.

The medical instument he relies on, the Electro-Dermal Screening Machine is nothing more than a Volt/Ohm Meter set on ohm function as near as I can tell.

220px-Digital_Multimeter_Aka.jpg

These electrical multitesters can be found in every electricians or handymans toolbox and can be gotten at walmart for as low as $15.00.

The ohm function can read the electrical resistance in the human body, and it will read differently when the probes are placed at different spots on the body.

A look at the medical community shows they believe Electro-Dermal Screening has no value at all in aiding with diagnostic efforts.

Good grief. This guy's office is a mere three miles from my home. He looks (from a very cursory scan of the text on his website) a quack. The location, however, in downtown Scottsdale, can lead one to figure he preys on (rather than prays for) affluent individuals with more money than brains.

And I thought the Way College only conferred associates degrees.

I wonder if our resident squirrel poster has seen this. He probably has enough of those gizmoes to open his own hospital.

:biglaugh:

Yep.. I have meters, oscilloscopes.. eight and fifty ohm dummy loads..

:biglaugh:

The instruments work better on old Fender amps and such than human beings..

What struck me as odd was that he'd post his worthless theology degree, like it was supposed to make him more credible??...

Seriously delusional...but then TWI was/is full of that kind.

Edited by Tzaia

Dr. Dickens received his bachelor’s degree from Washington and Lee University in 1976 and then went on to graduate with a B.Th. from the Way College of Biblical Research. He and his wife coordinated a non-denominational Bible fellowship in San Francisco for 18 years. During that time frame he saw a great need among people and was led to attend the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine.

1. A bachelor's degree in some unspecified subject.

2. Another bachelor's degree from an unaccredited organization known to teach...nothing. (Well, people I know from earlier Corps seem to have had the odd useful subject - by the 90s there was nothing worthwhile. Dunno about the 80s or whenever he was there.)

3. Attendance at another organization in a subject that some would consider dubious - and at an organization whose licenses are only acknowledged in a small handful of states.

Where did he do his doctorate? His doctor/medical studies? At the third organization - which "licences" practitioners but knows they aren't recognized much?

Hmm. I'm filled with confidence.

(Maybe I should go and get myself filled with red wine. It's really good for lowering cholesterol.) (True!!)

2. Another bachelor's degree from an unaccredited organization known to teach...nothing. (Well, people I know from earlier Corps seem to have had the odd useful subject - by the 90s there was nothing worthwhile. Dunno about the 80s or whenever he was there.)

They taught nothing when I was there in the early 2000s. Days were filled with study hall (where we were to stick with the present truth, collaterals and such), way of abundance and power series, English for the Greek student (basic English 101), Greek - which wasn't even remedial, A New Life, classes on how to use concordances, etc. It was REALLY bad. It was obvious they were trying to fill up hours requirements by the state of Colorado to pump out degrees that are "accredited" but unrecognized by the state of Colorado since TWI is a religious organization.

OldSkool - I think my "degree" was in Dishroom Studies.

It was nice to have time in Study hall but really, what was "taught" at any kind of undergrad level would fit on a piece of toilet paper.

It was nice to have time in Study hall but really, what was "taught" at any kind of undergrad level would fit on a piece of toilet paper.

My long winded point exactly.

What struck me as odd was that he'd post his worthless theology degree, like it was supposed to make him more credible??...

Well...

He is dealing with the type of consumers that will accept a "Dr" that uses an electricians tool as a means of diagnosis ...they might not be the most discerning bunch...

At least he still doesnt advertise that Cancer is a devil spirit -- that might not go over--- he has moved on to tooth fillings and resentment being causes---

Edited by mstar1

A Huckster will always use anything at his disposal to make himself look better or grander. Need I point out our own personal Hucksterberry, and his elevation to divine glory Pikes Peak Cheapskin?

Well...

He is dealing with the type of consumers that will accept a "Dr" that uses an electricians tool as a means of diagnosis ...they might not be the most discerning bunch...

I didn't mean to imply that these folks use an ordinary Volt-Ohm Meter on their victims, that would be too obvious. They style them up some, give them fancy names and surround them with mystical scientific voodoo mumbo-jumnbo to mesmerize you into believing what they want you to believe.

(Sound familiar?)

Here's a picture of an Electro-Dermal Screening Machine;

pic1-300x213.jpg

The meter on the left really doesn't look that different from an analog voltmeter, but I guess hooking it up with a computer adds to the authority of this science. <_<

I got it from a site titled:

Electrodermal Testing Part I: Fooling Patients with a Computerized Magic Eight Ball

Link here

The article starts out:

I have been meaning to write about bogus electrodiagnostic machines for a long time. These devices supposedly diagnose diseases and/or energy imbalances, indicate which remedies will correct the problem(s), and sometimes even treat the imbalances by transmitting a balancing frequency to the patient. I knew they were bogus,...

And continues,

How It Works

The machine is a galvanometer that measures the electrical conductance of the skin: the same principle used for lie detectors, Scientology’s E-meter, and biofeedback devices. The patient typically holds a metal bar in one hand while the operator applies a probe to acupuncture points on the patient’s other hand. The probe completes a circuit, and a tiny electrical current is sent through the circuit. It is very responsive, so a series of readings can be obtained rapidly. Both contacts are kept wet to improve conduction. There is a whining sound that rises or falls according to the level of conductance. There is also an audible beep indicating that a skin conductance measurement has been made and the machine is ready for the next test. The operator looks for a conductance reading of 50. (Higher readings indicate inflammation and lower ones indicate organ stagnation and degeneration.) He can control the readings (either consciously or unconsciously) by varying the amount of pressure and the angle of the probe, bunching or stretching the skin, and by adjusting the amount of moisture on the skin. He asks binary yes/no questions: a reading of 50 denotes a “yes” answer. Conveniently, the only meridians and acupuncture points used are on the hands and feet, so the patient doesn’t have to undress.

The Galvanometer is the basic metering function of the volt-ohm meter. I'm sure Ham could elucidate on it for us. :biglaugh:

David Jernigan does the same thing with chronic Lyme patients.

http://hansacenter.com/about-hansa/doctors/

His bio used to talk about his affiliation with a nondenominational Biblical research organization, and there was more Way-speak on the site. His treatment regimen includes an initial 2-week stay and purchase of his own compounds of herbal treatments, not antibiotics. All paid in advance.

He wrote this:

http://tinyurl.com/cz5f7ba

and this:

http://tinyurl.com/cm7dnkd

The Paracelsus Klinic of Switzerland where he studied is quite legitimate.

I agree, his chiropractic degree and his advanced studies listed are from bonafide institutions. But his "published author" credential? He is self-published, hardly something to put in the resume. And then his treatment philosophy has always included this, in various wordings:

Treatment Philosophy

14.Address the issues in the mind and spirit that are contrary to healing and proper genetic expression.

Where is his psychology training? His theology degree? His staff psychologist? Oh, oops, there aren't any, except his training from TWI. And since he hasn't pulled his 2005 self-published "Everyday Miracles by God's Design" book from the shelves, it's a good guess that he still relies on those principles in his practice.

It would be nice if it only resulted in a kind bedside manner. But do you know what one of the leading causes of death from Lyme disease is?

Suicide.

I think that takes a little more professional understanding of how the mind influences the body than a class on Power for Abundant Living.

IMHO,

Shaz

I guess I assumed he was a Corps grad because he obtained a B.Th. degree from Indiana. He apparently is a Chiropractor and a Naturopathic physician, both disciplines to which I ascribe. My only surprise is that he'd bother to mention The Way College of Biblical Research at all.

From the first book Shaz links to:

Additional topics presented in this second edition of Beating Lyme Disease include further explanation of the body seen as a crystalline matrix of light, new cutting-edge products to assist in the body's detoxification and optimization, and discussion of the growing validation of important connections between emotional and physical health. If given the proper tools, the body can heal itself!

Special offer: free snake oil with every book purchased!!

You got it, Twinky. I have no particular beef with chiropractic or naturopathy, but I see room in this particular individual's practice for him to say that something is wrong with the patient's emotions if the treatment isn't working. Smacks of "right believing" too much for my taste.

Rejoice, my apologies for derailing the thread. It just reminded me of this other guy, who used to include his TWI affiliation, and still hints at using TWI beliefs in his practice. One could also speak to his selling his own compounds to his patients (conflict of interest), shying away from antibiotics (even integrative medical practitioners use antibiotics for Lyme), and avoiding Herxheimer reactions (they often indicate that the therapy is working). Sadly, late-stage Lyme patients are so desperate for doctors who know anything about this illness, that people go to him. I hope he gets them well, not just coming back.

Shaz

Edited by shazdancer