do you believe the dead are alive? do I have belief in the living dead

yes I do

I believe they change from flesh to an unknown kind one of spirit kind

I talk to many from Adam to my love ones that die in flesh

to die in flesh is just stage we go through

die is not end is just the end of flesh for us

we evolve from flesh to a god or spiritual kind

with love and a holy kiss Roy

Ok, this thread's asking about experiences and requests (nicely) that we skip doctrine for the thread.

I can cooperate.

No, can't say I've had any such experiences.

Mind you, I suspect there can be emotional residues, emotions impressed on a place or thing from

a person feeling them, which would be different. I haven't had any of those, either.

I'll let you know if that changes.

i certainly do, E

i've not only experienced very "haunted" conditions, but have studied all manner of such things in the context of end-of-life care.

i am quite convinced that relationships do not end with the death of the human body, and our capacity to have those conversations is neither supernatural nor strange, but rather extra-ordinary and quite simple. Healthy and sane, even.

Overall, i'm mostly with Roy on all this. Death may be more like birth than we realize. Most of us typically came out screaming bloody murder the first time, too. Natural misunderstanding.

to add...most of my conversations/encounters occur in dreams or meditative states.

some of the most profound and vivid experiences happened while practicing guided visualizations specifically designed to help dying people talk to those who passed before them...as a way to help them die well.

in fact, such dreams and encounters naturally increase as we near our own death...thus, the practices.

God first

thanks Todd

did you hear that science no longer believe in the "Big bang theory" they have replace with the "Bounce theory"

otherwise it was not a bang but a bounce of a heart beat

http://science.discovery.com/tv/through-the-wormhole/

About Through the Wormhole

Hosted by Morgan Freeman, Through the Wormhole explores the deepest mysteries of existence — the questions that have puzzled mankind for eternity.

Can we eliminate evil? What is nothing? Is there a superior race? These questions have been pondered by the most brilliant minds in history. Now, modern science may be able to provide us with answers.

SO3/Ep03 2012

our universe is alive and it gives birth to other universes

the way we think there must a papa universe and a mother universe

every universes we see has a black hole

but what other universe have a while hole or while rod coming from the center

to have sex with other universe of the mate

God created male and female universes

but what about plant life there no male or female?

I do not know is there plant life that we can no see?

just thinking out loud

but what about plant life there no male or female?

I do not know is there plant life that we can no see?

This is off-topic so, I'll just address these two points and jump out of the way.

"but what about plant life there no male or female?"

Some plants have both male and female flowers. Some plants will produce only male flowers or only female flowers...This is an oversimplification but, yes, there is "male and female" in the world of plants.

"I do not know is there plant life that we can no see?"

Yes, there is an abundance of plant life we can not "see" without magnification.

Sorry to go off-topic...Maybe this will give you an idea for a new thread, Roy.

Edited by waysider

No such experiences, and nobody I know has, either, except a few who are decidedly flaky and possibly smoke/ingest/... other things.

I don't believe the dead are alive. Yet. But they will be. In some form that is not yet clear.

Just as birth is a change from one situation (for want of a better word) in life to another, so I believe that death is also a change from one situation to another. But not necessarily instantly.

God first

thanks Twinky

I guess I am flaky than and I do not smoke/ingest or that other things

while I do not see anything wrong with ingest which taking a drink now and than or smoking to change our mood

what you saying because I am not pot heard

and I hear them voices but I understand them too

I do not like any thing of pain or mood change I enjoy my life as it comes

Yes I could go to doctor and get pain drugs but I have no need for them

Pain is just that

Twinky that kind of thinking is flaky to me

I want to enjoy my life

to hear God is a blessing and a curse

do you not hear God?

do you think I am crazy? because I will blame you for your lack of _________

because I think your a believer

• 2 weeks later...

I think physical body is dead. When vp was insulting people who believed in life after [physical] death and ridiculed them with such things as "if they are floating around in heaven why do they need to come back to pick up a body?" imho vp routinely set himself up as our god, defining what we should believe. However, I don't exactly know, and trust the the Good Good (who is still much bigger and certainly more truly loving than vp ever was) has things under control.

When Fred was dying I saw him walk from the bedroom through the living room (he had been having a rough time getting to sleep and I fell asleep on the couch), and as he walked past me I saw all the hurts and weights of time, the diseases and aches and troubles just "vanish" and he was better than when I first met him in college (he was 26). I called an ambulance to take him to the VA hospital, and didn't see him again in his right mind. I wish I had known that he was dying. WIsh I had prayed harder and maybe he would still be here. . . all those wishes will be resolved. Something like the guy who wrote Amazing Grace had to deal with all the sins of his life before he was called home to be with the Lord.

My experience with Fred fits right in with what I have read in some of the I-was-in-heaven-and-this-is-what-I-saw testimonies (one of the nicest ones I like is "Heaven is for real" which is the story of what a small child saw when he went to heaven). From what I have read, in heaven there is no sickness, no disabilities, everyone is in their prime of life. And it was so comforting to see Fred like that, he had been deteriorating for so many heartbreaking years. the vision was clear and plain, as when other Christian people describe their visions and experiences with heaven. Nothing shadowy or unclear or scary or confused. It was simple and clean and wonderful. Writing this I got a nice laugh -- Fred didn't have to walk past me. He could have just gone straight up from the bedroom, but it was a kindness to me from him and God. That's the way God does stuff -- Kindly. Nice.

My work today is to figure out how to live the best possible life I can today, so that my time when I get to heaven, whenever that is, will be some Great Fun!!!!! And I do look forward to having some good laughs and some good times with people and pets and flowers and trees that I have known here on earth, without the tears and sorrows and pains and griefs. What a day that will be, in my opinion.

With all my heart, I want to believe the dead are alive and in heaven. And yes I have had an experience with someone who passed.

It was not devilish, it was not scary and it did not cause any harm. It was healing, loving, peaceful and created great resolve with me. It was my best friend in grade school who had been hit by a car and died.

Separate from that, my friend Marcus died and it made no sense at all to me, that God would take him, or allow him to die ~~ to just sleep in a box. If he had allowed him to pass to take him to a place, which is so much better than earth, then my brain and heart could handle it. Otherwise, I was mad a God, to just allow a very young man to die, to what? Decay in a box so that in 1000 years he can get up again? That does NOT make sense to me. If the choice was live on earth or decay in a box ~ then I would have to think God allowed some creepy things for stupid reasons. To take someone from pain or heartbreak to immediately surround them with love ~ seems more of a wise or okay thing and much less creepy.

I have looked at scripture and it seems to indicate that they are asleep. But what a waste to allow a person 32 years old to die…. I finally, had to leave it alone and just tell God, whether he sleeps in you or whether he is productive in heaven right now, I have to believe that he is safe, peaceful and trust he is well.

Isaiah 57

57 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

2 He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.

I think the Bible we have today is incomplete. Remember, the leaders at the Council at Nicea did a hatchet job on scripture...what would remain and what would be removed. I think they removed A LOT about life after life...and most groups today are trying to make sense with gaps.

Just sayin'---

Remember THIS thread? It asked the question: "What if everything about Christianity remained the same EXCEPT for the part about there being a life after this one? How would that change how you feel about being a Christian?"

I posed this question to a person I was working with at the time. (a "professed" Christian :rolleyes:) She said she would simply kill herself, wouldn't be able to go on living. I thought that was rather odd. It seems to me that if you knew this lifetime is all there is, you would want to squeeze the most out of every moment. Maybe it was in the way I asked the question.

Remember THIS thread? It asked the question: "What if everything about Christianity remained the same EXCEPT for the part about there being a life after this one? How would that change how you feel about being a Christian?"

I posed this question to a person I was working with at the time. (a "professed" Christian :rolleyes:) She said she would simply kill herself, wouldn't be able to go on living. I thought that was rather odd. It seems to me that if you knew this lifetime is all there is, you would want to squeeze the most out of every moment. Maybe it was in the way I asked the question.

Many (if not most) people have a sucky life, and life is full of tribulations, grief, sorrows, adversities, etc. etc. etc. The hope is what such people (of whom I am one) live for. I believe that the failure to have the hope of Jesus Christ is why suicide is increasing. Muslims have their hope of virgins and whatever for which they are willing to perform suicide acts to kill Christians and Jews. Christians will live and try to do good and live in the light of their/our hope of having the Lord say, "Well done thou good and faithful servant."

Bizarre.. kill one's self if the dead are alive..

I have a few impressions of the "previous existence". practically begging to be able to participate in an earthly, (relatively) non (or less) complicated existence..

Why end it all when you got what you asked for?

:biglaugh:

I've had many experiences..or perhaps similar experiences many times would be a better way to put it.

When my mother was a younger woman ( maybe 35 - 45) she had a special smell. She loved a perfume called Emeraude. I don't believe they make it any more. She'd get a gift set of shampoo, conditioner, soap, body lotion, and body powder along with a generous size of cologne as gifts from people who loved her like my dad and some of her other special friends. I can't explain how this smells but it was a very pleasing aroma....and not so strong that you'd gag if you stood next to her in an elevator....it was just enough that you'd know she was around.

Shortly after she died, I'd smell that perfume often, in various places and times. And, of course, every time I smelled that smell I'd think of her.

As time went by and I learned how to live without her, these episodes happened less often, but they've never stopped. Even today 25 years or so after her death, it still happens. Sometimes I even turn around and look for her....that's how real they are.

Over the years as I think about this I can't determine by myself for absolute certainty whether this is a real spirit coming to visit me....or if it is just the memory of the fragrance that I'm experiencing.

TWI had us convinced if anything happened like that, it was evil. Maybe some things are. But I do not believe it all is ~ without exception. I think TWI had it wrong. When Isabel came to me it was so amazing. She did not speak by opening her mouth but rather it was a knowing of what she was giving me. Peace, love, healing, wholeness... She was very lit up and wearing white. She comforted me. The kindness palatable. It was a dream and yet it wasn't. Like Moses on the mountain, thing.

I do not know if I told many or any people about this. And just about 2 weeks ago, someone close to me had the same experience with someone who had passed in his family. He felt her presence for a few days afterward and it was a comfort to him.

Matthew 17:2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light.

3. And behold, there appeared to them Moses and Elijah, talking with him.

17:4 Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters--one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah."

I guess I can believe what I want and I prefer to think that death is an enemy but nothing happens that God does not allow. So, even though I am not sure; I choose to believe God has it in his control and the dead are taken care of. And I prefer to see them already in heaven having escaped the misery of this life. Otherwise, we just decay in a box for no good reason till JC comes back, rather than live. I do think PRECIOUS in the sight of the Lord... it costs God something. But if God said it is not time, there is nothing that could take them. So, I choose to believe he greets them and takes them home, immediately.