GreaseSpot Cafe

Beware of false prophets

skyrider

You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD?"

If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

How many people remember Craig's rants in 1999 about the widespread catastrophes that were going to happen when the clock struck midnight on 1/1/2000? According to him, computers all around the world would go berzerk and either freeze or breed catastrophe: Our water was going to shut off. We'd have no electricity in the middle of winter. Computers wouldn't work. Cell phones, forget it. We needed to get generators, ham radio operators, a communications system that would bypass phones and the Internet so that we could make sure that all of "our believers" were safe.

Anyone else besides me think that he was absolutely off his rocker...especially on 1/2/2000 when everything around the world was business as usual? And he said nothing, not a word, about it. Maybe that we had prevented it by our believing preparation.

Ah, but in only 4 short months he would be exposed even greater...via the Allen lawsuit.

Maybe that we had prevented it by our believing preparation.

Ah, but in only 4 short months he would be exposed even greater...via the Allen lawsuit.

That's EXACTLY what he said at a STS shortly after New Years. And what kind of an idiot couldn't see the lawsuit coming... :biglaugh:

He was so used to bullying people that he didn't see it coming.

Edited by OldSkool

was malpack and wilderness training for something in the near future?

i remember calling a friend of mine who had a farm in PA when i was in emporia. i wasn't allowed to say what was going on, but somehow i had to ask if i could come there

it was very strange. wonder what happened to my silk sea sponges - sorry lol

--

as far as how will you know what their "gifts" are -- first of all i don't care about categorizing such gifts -- but i know when someone helps me or heals me. after living life thus far, i can tell the difference between abuse and kindness

--

one time a connection on here told me to call this guy who was a total (i forget which gift minstry) -- i needed to call him if i really needed healing. i called him and he started to pray for me and told me some bad crap about myself. i said forget it - just forget it. as if i need you to tell me this stuff. i'm quite sure god and my savior jesus christ did not just direct you to make me feel like sheet

How many people remember Craig's rants in 1999 about the widespread catastrophes that were going to happen when the clock struck midnight on 1/1/2000? According to him, computers all around the world would go berzerk and either freeze or breed catastrophe: Our water was going to shut off. We'd have no electricity in the middle of winter. Computers wouldn't work. Cell phones, forget it. We needed to get generators, ham radio operators, a communications system that would bypass phones and the Internet so that we could make sure that all of "our believers" were safe.

Anyone else besides me think that he was absolutely off his rocker...especially on 1/2/2000 when everything around the world was business as usual? And he said nothing, not a word, about it. Maybe that we had prevented it by our believing preparation.

Want to hear something funny? In a way I did experience some "believing preparation" that "prevented" things for the Y2K end of the world chicken littles. At the job I was at, we did an exercise where one weekend we advanced all the clocks on all our computer systems to 1/2/2000, just to see what would break. I think we had like two very minor issues, and everything else just worked.

So even being a brainwashed little minion at that point I knew Craig was mental regarding all those rants.

Sometimes it's the little things that defeat the paranoid rantings of psychos for you.

The only problem with Lynn's use of the description of hypocritical counterfeit leaders is that it's a perfect description of the leaders of CES, especially during the Momentus kerfluffle and the implosion of STFI.

Love,

Steve

That he can't see any of it in himself doesn't make it any less poignant and applicable.

It's extremely difficult for any of us to see stuff like that in ourselves. That's the whole purpose of the

psychological defense mechanism we know as denial, isn't it?

It's been several years since I've read much about this subject, but among the authors that address it are M. Scott Peck (in his books like The Road Less Traveled and People of the Lie)

and Daniel Goleman (Emotional Intelligence).

Self-awareness is often very difficult and raising awareness of areas of our (emotional and psychological) self that need to be healed is hard work.

It's often a lot easier to see it in others.

That he can't see any of it in himself doesn't make it any less poignant and applicable.

It's extremely difficult for any of us to see stuff like that in ourselves. That's the whole purpose of the

It's been several years since I've read much about this subject, but among the authors that address it are M. Scott Peck (in his books like The Road Less Traveled and People of the Lie)

Self-awareness is often very difficult and raising awareness of areas of our (emotional and psychological) self that need to be healed is hard work.

I've read both of these books and can recommend them! Something else that helps me to practice more self awareness is meditation or mindfulness, slowing down and reflecting more...

Edited by penworks
  • Upvote 1

I've read both of these books and can recommend them! Something else that helps me to practice more self awareness is meditation or mindfulness, slowing down and reflecting more...

Interesting how we were taught in twi that meditation as "the world" taught it would open our minds to spirit possession. In actuality it helps us know ourselves and teaches us self control. The Way taught we were to control our thinking - but what they meant was that our thoughts were to be controlled by what they taught. Any real self reflection and examination would only lead to questioning and independent thought... which would cause people to realize the bondage they were under in twi.

Twi possessed people's minds.

Interesting how we were taught in twi that meditation as "the world" taught it would open our minds to spirit possession. In actuality it helps us know ourselves and teaches us self control. The Way taught we were to control our thinking - but what they meant was that our thoughts were to be controlled by what they taught. Any real self reflection and examination would only lead to questioning and independent thought... which would cause people to realize the bondage they were under in twi.

Twi possessed people's minds.

:eusa_clap:

This is the very essence of what GreaseSpot exposes.

Nicely done!

The only problem with Lynn's use of the description of hypocritical counterfeit leaders is that it's a perfect description of the leaders of CES, especially during the Momentus kerfluffle and the implosion of STFI.

Love,

Steve

Speaking of the implosion, the STFI website is still "Under Construction". Does this mean they are trying to quietly slip into oblivion? Money and support drying up? I heard Dan Gallagher moved out of state.

I probably wasn't clear that People of the Lie and Road Less Traveled are two separate books. Indeed, I agree mindfulness and reflection are helpful. :)

Speaking of the implosion, the STFI website is still "Under Construction". Does this mean they are trying to quietly slip into oblivion? Money and support drying up? I heard Dan Gallagher moved out of state.

And, on another sidenote......from CFF, I heard that wayn_ cl@pp is stepping down as president and Tonia Shroyer, John Shroyer's granddaughter (?)

will be sitting in the big chair. Supposedly, John had promised her this before his passing.

Is that how "ministries" are kept in the family nowadays?

Hopefully, someone can verify this information

Supposedly, John had promised her this before his passing.

Geez, I have heard of nepotism but this takes the cake. Should it be true that is, I will wait until verification before making comments.

But we are back to the thing of running a 501c3 that takes having board members and officers. Whooptee-doo! In TWI is was as if the trustees/directors have some special connection with God. Bullshido. Any a$shat can start and have the special chair positions in a corporation. If you learned from Wierwille you can repackage what was taught by the many sources Wierwille stole from and make your own version. Or just rip off Wierwille. S.O.W.E.R.S comes to mind.

And, on another sidenote......from CFF, I heard that wayn_ cl@pp is stepping down as president and Tonia Shroyer, John Shroyer's granddaughter (?)

will be sitting in the big chair. Supposedly, John had promised her this before his passing.

I think Tania is his daughter..

The biblical antidote to hypocrisy (the deceitfulness of the heart) is the fear of God. That's why David wrote,"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Psalms 139:23&24 KJV)

That's why Wierwille taught that Romans 11:20b, "be not highminded, but fear", was not addressed to him. Wierwille preferred to be highminded, rather than to accept the Lord's reproof and correction with humility.

Wierwille taught US, and we taught others, to scoff at genuine humility. The humility required to achieve self-awareness is only as hard as giving up pride.

During Momentus, Lynn developed and demonstrated PRIDE in his humility! To his twisted way of thinking, he's too humble to NEED reproof and correction. He BELIEVES his own hype... and it makes me sad to see him waste what talent he has, and confuse error with the love of God.

Love,

Steve

I think Tania is his daughter..

Yeah.....I didn't think granddaughter(?) seemed likely.

Now, let's see if someone can verify Tonia's installment as CFF's president. On CFF's website,

she is slated for an itinerary in September. Hmmmm.

For me, knowing some of the men and clergy in CFF......I find it ironic that Tonia gets slotted

for the big chair. And, if this was based on a presupposed "arrangement" by her father, John,

years ago before his death.....it just seems so bargain-basement 'worldly' or something.

Like, splinter-groups keeping the gravy train rolling for their family........ <_<

And, on another sidenote......from CFF, I heard that wayn_ cl@pp is stepping down as president and Tonia Shroyer, John Shroyer's granddaughter (?)will be sitting in the big chair. Supposedly, John had promised her this before his passing.

excuse me, he promised me this chair (ex cathedra) last night in a dream

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah.....I didn't think granddaughter(?) seemed likely.

Now, let's see if someone can verify Tonia's installment as CFF's president. On CFF's website,

she is slated for an itinerary in September. Hmmmm.

For me, knowing some of the men and clergy in CFF......I find it ironic that Tonia gets slotted

for the big chair. And, if this was based on a presupposed "arrangement" by her father, John,

years ago before his death.....it just seems so bargain-basement 'worldly' or something.

Like, splinter-groups keeping the gravy train rolling for their family........ <_<

Well........maybe this information *can't* be verified.

Seems like a few years back, a few CFF-innies would post on GS.....

But then again, I would suppose that a splinter group tied to the wierwille legacy does NOT want

to be associated with a website that exposes and debunks the foundation of wierwille mogdom.

From what I've been witnessing on the web, the Wierwille legacy seems to be experiencing a substantial resurgence of support

rather than fading away..

I sometimes wonder if this has more to do with some wanting to romanticize and reminisce 'being a part of something great'

when wierwille walked the earth. Sure, its extreme fabrication and all....but it sure beats the realization of decades lost

and sputtering to explain one's entrapment in western ohio's cornfields.

:B)