GreaseSpot Cafe

A few hundred military working dogs need a home

Kit Sober

In a message dated 8/7/2012 9:40:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ponytail6900@yahoo.com writes:

They are giving away a few hundred military working dogs here on Camp Leatherneck. Everything from Labradors (chocolate and black), German Sheppards, and various mixes of breeds. Do you know of anybody that would want one (your parents, KP, etc..)? The military can get them to N.C. but it is on the individual to pick them up there. They are already trained and ...incredibly well behaved and smart. They are not attack dogs but rather, most of them are bomb and drug sniffing dogs. There is no cost and they will be put to sleep if people don�t adopt them. Please pass this message on as we are trying desperately to find homes for these HEROES!

• 4 weeks later...

How can I get information on this?

Rascal: Please try emailing that person (ponytail...) in the first post. I received this as part of a prayer list i belong to. (They usually post about dogs and other animals needing transportation.) I just pray for things as they come up and sometimes send $ as I can to help with the expenses. i think God only requires we do what we "see" we can do (and He is all the time opening my eyes to see more of that).

LindaZ: Thanks for the idea. I am kinda afraid of Facebook and don't go there much. (I am kinda a stay-at-home-mom thinker -- that's why I stayed at twi so long). Facebook and all the invites and friend requests from people I don't have a clue who they are (from the distant past? or a waydale or greasespot person with a real name? ? ?) But I will try to follow your suggestion when I can. (I think that the people I know who care about animals are mostly here.) Thanks, again.

Edited by Kit Sober

• 2 weeks later...

These all came into my email today: Addresses and information for people who may be able to help -- and your prayers are always of great assistance in helping God make a way where there is no way. Thanks for anything you can do to help in this regard:

9-14-12 - PLEASE READ!!!! Once again they are cracking down on personal computer use at work. Please remove me from any crossposts for urgent animals, forwards of other coordinators' runs (coordinators I work with send me their runs directly), and any gossipy email threads. I simply cannot take time to read them.

IF YOUR EMAIL IS URGENT or an offer to drive and you have not gotten a reply within 24 hours, please resend it as I may have missed it.

IF YOU ARE REQUESTING TRANSPORT Request forms can be found at: http://cherryharleyt...st.blogspot.com and are considered on a case by case basis.

DRIVERS Run sheets are posted at http://cherryharleyt...ts.blogspot.com and are updated as drivers volunteer.

CUTOFF TIME TO FILL TRANSPORTS: 9 pm Thursdays. Final run sheets with contact info will be sent out by Friday.

UPCOMING TRANSPORTS

Sept 29-30 Transport 1 - AL-NY, Transport 2 - MO-Canada, Transport 3 - Hyde LA-WI (postponed from last weekend)

Oct 6-7 Transport 1 - Iowa to Canada, Transport 2 - MS to PA

Oct 13-14 Transport 1 - AL-NY, Transport 2 - taking applications

Oct 20-21 Transport 1 - taking applications, Transport 2 - taking applications

and another one:

In it for the furkids,

Kathy Smola

OTRA Co-Mod for Ohio

OTRA Verified Transport Coordinator

Transport Coordinator for White Paws German Shepherd Rescue

http://whitepawsgsr.com

Transport Coordinator for 4 Paws Sake

http://4PawsSake.org