GreaseSpot Cafe

"Fixing" the Bible

Rejoice

Poring over thousands of medieval manuscripts, the 84-year-old Cohen identified 1,500
inaccuracies
in the Hebrew language texts that have been corrected in his completed 21-volume set. The final chapter is set to be published next year.

And to think we thought we had perfected the translation years ago with all our TWI corrections.

http://news.yahoo.com/israeli-scholar-completes-mission-fix-bible-063009279.html

From linked article:

"It was amazing to me that for 500 years, people didn't sense the errors," said Cohen, who wears a knitted skullcap and a gray goatee. "They just assumed that everything was fine, but in practice everything was not fine."

Ignore the 500 year time frame and you could just as well be talking about how offshoots revere the PFAL class series.

From linked article:

"It was amazing to me that for 500 years, people didn't sense the errors," said Cohen, who wears a knitted skullcap and a gray goatee. "They just assumed that everything was fine, but in practice everything was not fine."

Ignore the 500 year time frame and you could just as well be talking about how offshoots revere the PFAL class series.

Wow...very true!! [sorry for the multiple posts...got an error about the database not functioning.]

Rejoice,I've already fixed my bible for fear of violating any scripture that says I will perish for changing any jot or tittle. Every word of italics being interpreted from man according to VP werewolf, I changed back using a very fine calligraphy pen. It's looks as good as new now.

Oh? I just wonder what God will think now about all the commentary and writing I did with transliteration from Greek to English. Actually, so much ink has bleed into the pages that I can barely make out anything anyway. :wacko::wacko:

In case anyone's thinking this will be a radically different text,

the linked article includes this:

"The errors have no bearing on the Bible's stories and alter nothing in its meaning. Instead, for example, in some places the markers used to denote vowels in Hebrew are incorrect; or a letter in a word may be wrong, often the result of a centuries old transcription error. Some of the fixes are in the notations used for cantillation, the text's ritual chants."

That having been said, I'm curious to read the English translation, if I ever get the chance.

• 2 weeks later...