GreaseSpot Cafe

Waiting For The Next 'Leader'

Patriot

Thanks! I always wondered if they blew re-doing the class because they had so many more options, and so many questions had arisen from the 1967 class, that the '77 class lost what cohesion the '67 class had. Thanks again!

Love,

Steve

(You know, I've taught professionally, and I could put together a vastly superior version of PFAL than anything TWI has done, but I've got better things than hawg-wash to teach!)

I was there too but I don't remember much. I do recall a lot of us in the audience were coughing and VP told us to "stop coughing." I tried to hold it in until my eyes watered.

I also remember we all were given a jade plant.

And there was a dance one night.....

Funny what we recall & what we don't.

(You know, I've taught professionally, and I could put together a vastly superior version of PFAL than anything TWI has done, but I've got better things than hawg-wash to teach!)

Yeah, I taught the WAP class, intermediate, DTA live a number of times, and what I noticed is the closer to the syllabus I stuck the more I underwhelmed myself. However, the times I would blow off the syllabus and start to tell stories the better it was and the students weren't sleeping with their eyes open.

IMO anything with a pulse is vastly superior to PFAL (and the filmed WAP class).

However, the times I would blow off the syllabus and start to tell stories the better it was and the students weren't sleeping with their eyes open.

And that happened all over the place. Teachers would skip objectionable material that they did not believe and filibusterer as much of the session away as they could. Thus, they have to have a video class and just keep the way corps pushing play and stop on the DVD player. Good for you. You obviously taught them something besides TWI indoctrination.

And that happened all over the place. Teachers would skip objectionable material that they did not believe and filibusterer as much of the session away as they could. Thus, they have to have a video class and just keep the way corps pushing play and stop on the DVD player. Good for you. You obviously taught them something besides TWI indoctrination.

Yeah, and now I feel bad about teaching genuine things under the authority of a non-genuine organization. All that did was help to keep people in a cult longer.

But thankfully, the BOD being what they are, Rozie could not tolerate ANYTHING she was not micromanaging, so they came down on the Corps and made us "stick to the syllabus" and teach only directly from there and cover everything written.

So we were all relegated back to delivering the same kind of milk-toast vanilla elevator music garbage that you hear from the STS. Rozie's motto "if it has personality, kill it". Probably comes from so many years of repressing her own internal tendencies and whitewashing what appears to the outside.

So we were all relegated back to delivering the same kind of milk-toast vanilla elevator music garbage that you hear from the STS. Rozie's motto "if it has personality, kill it". Probably comes from so many years of repressing her own internal tendencies and whitewashing what appears to the outside.

This may sound silly, but you know how you can feel when someone walks up on you in a hallway? Like how you can feel someone watching you before you see them? I once had Rosie walk up on me unawares in the OSC and I felt nothing. Like even when I saw her it didn't feel like anyone was there. At the time I thought it was because she was so peaceful and spiritually above me. Now I think it was more along the lines of hiding herself.

I've had the misfortune of working for supervisors that have that ability. They can move around stealthfully and hear 90% of a conversation before you even realize they're nearby. They're masters of micromanagement. It's my opinion they do this because they lack confidence in their own ability to manage legitimately.... I know exactly what you're talking about.

I was at PFAL 77. I coughed. Alot. It seemed like most of us had some kind of flu.

VP seemed to be more grumpy than usual. As I recall, the stage was too hot for him and they had to install some kind of air conditioning underneath with ducts up around his desk. The A/V people got chewed out. The audience got chewed out. There was a lot of co-ed room hopping going on. There was a non-TWI preacher of some sort running around haranguing us. The food and snacks were substandard for the price we paid. I was glad to get home.

Was there a video about PFAL '77 called "Changed"?

Yeah......Bud Morgan was given the assignment. He utilized the Str@uhal family to contrast the story

of how members in this family "changed" by twi and its pfal class. Michael was the centerpiece of Bud's

script.....with twig participation, singing, life changes, "pressed down hits" and a more abundant life.

As I remember it......a few years later, the Str@uhal family was no where to be seen in twi.

Hey Twinkie, yep, I remember. Some things in all that yelling are still stuck in my brain. Poneros was the unproductive evil; kakos was the active, malignant evil. Somehow poneros was not as big of a sin...not until later when all the slothfulness teachings (yellings?) came about and it was "discovered" (I think the Lord revealed it to the forehead) that poneros evil was in the midst of us every day and we had to smoke it out. "Smoke it out"...that's so ridiculous...it makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

I was in the Way from April 1972 until January 11, 1996...I remember Walter Cummins doing a really GOOD teaching on those words for evil....so she most likely plagiarized that research, too...since it's been around for awhile.

I was there too but I don't remember much. I do recall a lot of us in the audience were coughing and VP told us to "stop coughing." I tried to hold it in until my eyes watered.

I also remember we all were given a jade plant.

And there was a dance one night.....

Funny what we recall & what we don't.

outie boutie i love you. thanks for the memories!!!!! i liked that jade plant.

• 2 weeks later...

oh if rozzie rivendark would just record a new pfal class, people could see the dynamic true blue leader they have right in front of . Sorry if part of the quote got erased. was going to say blue haired leader :biglaugh:

• 4 years later...