GreaseSpot Cafe

Just Stopping By to Say "Hi"

Oakspear

So I stop back at the old tavern and the same ol' barflys are here!

I opted out of Grease Spot a couple of years ago...but the Grease Spot years were good ones.

I've kept busy though.

I went back to college. I'll be done with my associate in business/accounting focus next Spring. The annual college publication that compiles student poems, short stories etc will be publishing my essay Making a Snowball this coming Spring.

Added a grandaughter to the family: Lily Kay Nice was born in January 2011 and lives in western Nebraska.

My wedding business, Beyond Illusion Wedding Officiants is doing well, we are averaging over 50 weddings a year.

I completed a 5-year course of spiritual study and function as clergy in the local pagan community.

I saved up some cash to buy a camera and have amused myself by taking pictures of local musicians at work/play...a couple of them use my stuff on their Facebook profiles...one of my pictures was the front page of one muiscian's website for about a year.

I write a blog reviewing various kinds of beer (oh yeah) Ill-Gotten Booty Beer Reviews

And this month I will have been out of The Way for eleven years!

So I stop back at the old tavern and the same ol' barflys are here!

Added a grandaughter to the family: Lily Kay Nice was born in January 2011 and lives in western Nebraska.

Well hi there OAK. What a break; my own visits are pretty rare.

These days a lot of the people I know keep adding grandkids!!!

Always good to see you, Oak.

You really need to get yourself a hobby, though, to occupy some of that free time.

:wave:

Hey, at least he still works. What does retire mean anyway? Saw my former Big Brother (from the like named group) a couple weeks ago in the DC area for the first time in 38 years. He is 72 and still works (as a ploygraph expert...I can refer you!) And Oak likes people; who else would come up here to visit like he did years ago?

Well hi there OAK. What a break; my own visits are pretty rare.

These days a lot of the people I know keep adding grandkids!!!

Hey, at least he still works. What does retire mean anyway? Saw my former Big Brother (from the like named group) a couple weeks ago in the DC area for the first time in 38 years. He is 72 and still works (as a ploygraph expert...I can refer you!) And Oak likes people; who else would come up here to visit like he did years ago?

Yup L.U. is on the list of the GSers who I have met in person over the years

I don't think I'll ever retire...don't think I could afford it!