GreaseSpot Cafe

...and you're NOT recording, is that correct?

skyrider

3 hours ago, T-Bone said:

HQ: how many corps are in attendance ?

Branch Coordinator: ten

HQ: and only corps are present?

Branch Coordinator: yes (then thinks to himself "though not all are standing corps")

HQ: and you're NOT recording - is that correct?

Branch Coordinator: that is correct (then thinks to himself " Craig hasn't started blabbing yet - so we'll wait to record his bat$hit crazy stuff and technically I'm not in charge of recording tonight, George is.")

......or

HQ:  and only corps are present?

Branch Coordinator:  yes ......... (but doesn't state that the whole branch of 70 will be arriving shortly.....he thought they should hear the bullsheet that the corps is being fed week after week.  Then they can decide for themselves if they want to STILL be involved with this cult.)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, skyrider said:

......or

HQ:  and only corps are present?

Branch Coordinator:  yes ......... (but doesn't state that the whole branch of 70 will be arriving shortly.....he thought they should hear the bullsheet that the corps is being fed week after week.  Then they can decide for themselves if they want to STILL be involved with this cult.)

Skyrider, I love joking around like this but it makes me think of just how fearful and submissive I was when I was in TWI – that I would never have thought of – let alone follow through on any idea to circumvent the way’s rules and regs.

4 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Skyrider, I love joking around like this but it makes me think of just how fearful and submissive I was when I was in TWI – that I would never have thought of – let alone follow through on any idea to circumvent the way’s rules and regs.

This 99 cent "book" is the transcript of a speech Bertrand Russell gave nearly a hundred years ago. Russell had no use for religion, but his insight on Free Thought and Official Propaganda is illuminating in light of our experience with a fundamentalist cult... if you dare read it.

Edited by Rocky
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Rocky said:

This 99 cent "book" is the transcript of a speech Bertrand Russell gave nearly a hundred years ago. Russell had no use for religion, but his insight on Free Thought and Official Propaganda is illuminating in light of our experience with a fundamentalist cult... if you dare read it.

looks interesting Rocky - I'll have to check out the 99 cent Kindle version - thanks !

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, T-Bone said:

looks interesting Rocky - I'll have to check out the 99 cent Kindle version - thanks !

btw, T-Bone I'm confident you know this but maybe not everyone does... one doesn't have to own a Kindle to read Kindle e-books. I use the free Kindle app on both my computer and phone. :)

Yeah Rocky, that’s a good thing to know (that you don’t need a Kindle to read a Kindle book). Although I do have a Kindle (I love my old Kindle Keyboard paper-white display) I too use the app on my computer, iPad and iPhone – especially if there are diagrams, pictures and maps with the text.

I’ve already got B Russell’s book and skimmed through it this morning – very insightful, the part along the lines of institutions disseminating knowledge but not teaching how to intelligently sift through that knowledge – and that education should have an aim of expanding the mind and not narrowing it. Very applicable to all things TWI and that goes for the way corps community too -  Russell’s mention of the state being over education can apply to any organization (i.e. cult) that is intent on stacking the deck information-wise and through the subtlety of propaganda “reinforces” a certain opinion.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for that link, WordWolf – pretty neat site, I had to bookmark it. By the way, I noticed they have epub versions of eBooks on that site - I bought ePubSoft awhile back – I think I paid $40 and it allows me to remove the DRM (digital rights management from digital media) –

- hey, before anyone gets all up in arms about that I just wanted to say that the purpose of DRM is to prevent the unauthorized redistribution of digital media;

I don’t resell or give away any eBook that I convert to epub; what I use it for is to convert to a PDF format some small technical references like Ugly's Electrical References  that I’ve purchased in eBook format; I email them as a PDF to myself – for the times where I don’t have my smart phone/Kindle app but I do have a computer to get to my email. There’s more than one way to MacGyver a situation, don’t you know.

• 4 years later...
On 9/17/2012 at 7:09 PM, penworks said:

:biglaugh:

Kept it for the future possibility of writing a book ....

... which, in 2017, was published as Undertow. :-)

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2017 at 5:17 AM, Rocky said:

Bertrand Russell gave nearly a hundred years ago. Russell had no use for religion

And yet, his granddaughter is/was a Wayfer.  Corps, no less. Hahahaha.